CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Indoor practice facility progress (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203005)

Latti2001 01-09-2014 12:08 PM

Indoor practice facility progress

Has work started on the indoor practice facility yet? Seems like it would be a nice recruiting tool!

uscsandstorm85 01-10-2014 02:17 AM

Re: Indoor practice facility progress

The better question is will it be ready for the thunderstorm filled afternoons in August.

Gamecocks1137 01-10-2014 02:21 AM

If they are starting it this offseason, which is what I have been reading, then I have no doubt it will be done by then. It doesn't take too long to put up those kinds of buildings. Most of is prefab I believe.

jfbreb94 01-10-2014 08:14 AM

Site work should be under way. Someone do a drive by and take a pic

sc455 01-10-2014 08:46 AM

wont be complete until 2015..

Spurticus 01-10-2014 08:56 AM

The outdoor part of it is "Supposed" to be ready by this fall and the team
will move down there for the regular practices in August. The INDOOR
facility won't be ready until (they said) January 2015.

CockyInGA 01-10-2014 10:28 AM

Yeah, because we have to give the land back over to the National Guard before the start of the 2014 season, correct?

trapper82 01-10-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyInGA (Post 4054467)
Yeah, because we have to give the land back over to the National Guard before the start of the 2014 season, correct?

Yeah, the lease won't be renewed with them.

Jethro Beaver 01-10-2014 10:44 AM

We need to keep this thread up much like the "beastboard" thread a while back. have updates and pic and such.

Carolina4Life 01-10-2014 12:15 PM

So the indoor field and the plaza around the stadium should be complete around the same time?

garnetchicken 01-10-2014 02:14 PM

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1549032

Quote:

-- The new football practice fields, for a cost of $3 million, are set to be completed by July 2014. Construction will begin as soon as this season ends. The Indoor Practice Facility, at a cost of $14.5 million, is scheduled to be done by March 2015.

Carolina4Life 01-11-2014 10:56 AM

In other words, the Vikings will have torn down their stadium and built the new one before we even finish the plaza area.

Still don't understand why they can't start construction on the plaza the same time as the indoor practice building.

bryarx 01-11-2014 04:03 PM

I have driven by where I believe the fields are going to be, as recently as Thursday, 1/9. If you are looking at Carolina Park, I drove down the left side (between Carolina Park and the Proving Grounds). All the way down the road. There is an area at the back, down the hill from Carolina Park, that is a flattened area, with a few pole lights. It looks basically abandoned.

I have seen no start to any construction in the area, save for behind the area I'm talking about, I saw some utility construction going on, but I believed that to be unrelated. If this is no the correct area, please let me know where it is. I live very close to the stadium. I planned on taking lots of progress pics to post on here for everyone to see, there just haven't been any to take yet.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps7f0b356b.jpg

bryarx 01-11-2014 04:06 PM

Actually looking now, it looks like from the drawings thatthe green roofed building in my photo, that building, will need to be demolished for the new fields? With the indoor facility going in the patch just above and to the right of the circle I drew?

MisterClowney 01-11-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryarx (Post 4055685)
I have driven by where I believe the fields are going to be, as recently as Thursday, 1/9. If you are looking at Carolina Park, I drove down the left side (between Carolina Park and the Proving Grounds). All the way down the road. There is an area at the back, down the hill from Carolina Park, that is a flattened area, with a few pole lights. It looks basically abandoned.

I have seen no start to any construction in the area, save for behind the area I'm talking about, I saw some utility construction going on, but I believed that to be unrelated. If this is no the correct area, please let me know where it is. I live very close to the stadium. I planned on taking lots of progress pics to post on here for everyone to see, there just haven't been any to take yet.

I dunno if that's where they're building it or not, but what you circled is a fraternity tailgating lot. It's very scenic.

rrsandersjr 01-11-2014 04:48 PM

The circled area is fraternity parking and is a pit and I don't see how you could build anything there...the building will be where the game day parking is currently located...the university doesn't own the pit.

jesse james 01-11-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryarx (Post 4055691)
Actually looking now, it looks like from the drawings thatthe green roofed building in my photo, that building, will need to be demolished for the new fields? With the indoor facility going in the patch just above and to the right of the circle I drew?

This is an old photo. The green building in the photo was the shelter in the old farmers market and it was demolished last summer. You are correct that the new outdoor practice fields will be in the area where the shelter was, and the indoor facility will be built in the grassy area adjacent to it in the photo (which has been used for overflow gameday parking the last two years).

trapper82 01-11-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4055387)
In other words, the Vikings will have torn down their stadium and built the new one before we even finish the plaza area.

Still don't understand why they can't start construction on the plaza the same time as the indoor practice building.

State legislature slowed down things for a while.

bryarx 01-11-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse james (Post 4055805)
This is an old photo. The green building in the photo was the shelter in the old farmers market and it was demolished last summer. You are correct that the new outdoor practice fields will be in the area where the shelter was, and the indoor facility will be built in the grassy area adjacent to it in the photo (which has been used for overflow gameday parking the last two years).

Thanks for the info, I'll drive straight across bluff road on George Roger's Blvd tomorrow and see if there is any progress in that area, and provide any pictures. I may do it in a new thread so I can update the OP in the new thread as I add pictures.

cockybreeyan 01-12-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse james (Post 4055805)

yea... I don't think anyone is putting anything there.