CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Shame on Bama if they hire Lame Kiffen .... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203014)

USCBASEBALL1 01-09-2014 03:20 PM

Shame on Bama if they hire Lame Kiffen ....

Seriously, why would Bama hire this scrub. I WILL NEVER pull for Bama again even if they are representing the SEC in a Title game.

cack 01-09-2014 03:24 PM

Re: Shame on Bama if they hire Lame Kiffen ....

Lane is actually a pretty good coordinator ... HORRIBLE coach, but have to give credit where it's due ... VERY LITTLE CREDIT.

Beano Cook 01-09-2014 03:27 PM

If I was Alabama I would look at UCF and Charlie Taafe.He's done an excellent job everywhere he 's been and he's tough enough to work for Nick which I understand ain't easy.

FanofCarolina1 01-09-2014 03:29 PM

If they do hire him, I'm sure they'll have him recruiting for them too. Dude is a POS, but he, for some weird reason can recruit like a MF'er. I guess it's the gas pumping stories he uses to reel them in.

Lonnie 01-09-2014 03:33 PM

I think the Vols want this to happen more than anything.

B-G 01-09-2014 03:34 PM

If it causes their decline.

I'm all for it

CoverTwo 01-09-2014 04:04 PM

I guess I'm one of a very few that like Lane. I think he is a good offensive coach.

803scdantes 01-09-2014 04:05 PM

I think it'd be hilarious if Bama hires Morris. It'd be trying to beat Malzahn with Malzahn's deputy.

3MTA3 01-09-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 803scdantes (Post 4053748)
I think it'd be hilarious if Bama hires Morris. It'd be trying to beat Malzahn with Malzahn's deputy.

Morris ain't doing the lateral move thing (yeah yeah, I know Bama's OC is a much better job than Clem's OC, but I'm talking OC to OC)

803scdantes 01-09-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4053758)
Morris ain't doing the lateral move thing (yeah yeah, I know Bama's OC is a much better job than Clem's OC, but I'm talking OC to OC)

I don't know, there's some talk that Strong may be interested in him.

scfanz 01-09-2014 04:14 PM

Kiffen and Bobby Petrino are cut from the same slimy mold. Anyone who hires either of those two deserve everything they will be getting. Bama needs to think this one over long and hard.

Acockolypse Now 01-09-2014 04:20 PM

'Bama.... shame.... 'Bama.... shame...

Yeah, they've got none of that.

JT21 01-09-2014 04:24 PM

I'd like it as well. Success as a head coach doesn't necessarily translate to success as a coordinator (and vice versa). Lane may have sucked in his three stints as a HC, but I think he is and would be a good OC and recruiter for Bama.

ReadR00ster 01-09-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfanz (Post 4053766)
Kiffen and Bobby Petrino are cut from the same slimy mold. Anyone who hires either of those two deserve everything they will be getting. Bama needs to think this one over long and hard.

Except Petrino can actually coach worth a darn.

eggroll 01-09-2014 04:53 PM

Bama probably gets 70-80% of the blue chip prospects they want simply because they're Bama. Same is the case with SoCAL. IMHO the recruiting angle is overblown.

Kiffin has turned every place he has been a coach in the last 7 year into a poisonous, rotting mess. Why would this be any different?

LegalCock 01-09-2014 05:18 PM

I don't know how to tell if he's a good coach or not. He hasn't been successful anywhere, to my knowledge, but the extent of my awareness of him only goes back to when he took over Sarkesian's finely tuned machine, followed by several mediocre to poor head coaching performances.

usc90grad 01-09-2014 05:24 PM

Any idea why Bama's OC left for Michigan? That's pretty much a lateral move at best. Maybe he was forced out to allow for Lame to come in?

palmettosc 01-09-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegalCock (Post 4053856)
I don't know how to tell if he's a good coach or not. He hasn't been successful anywhere, to my knowledge, but the extent of my awareness of him only goes back to when he took over Sarkesian's finely tuned machine, followed by several mediocre to poor head coaching performances.

You've got it backwards. Kiffin set that up and Sarkisian moved in after Kiffin went to the Raiders. Dude's a good OC, just not a good head coach.

Beano Cook 01-09-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 803scdantes (Post 4053748)

His offense and Saban don't mix.Saban's a traditional offense kind of guy.Morris goes for the hurry up,jet sweep kind of offense.

Alabama will always be a physical team under Saban.

35-21 01-09-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggroll (Post 4053815)
Bama probably gets 70-80% of the blue chip prospects they want simply because they're Bama. Same is the case with SoCAL. IMHO the recruiting angle is overblown.

Kiffin has turned every place he has been a coach in the last 7 year into a poisonous, rotting mess. Why would this be any different?

Don't get me wrong - Lane seems like a first class d-bag, but this is something that drive me nuts. Name one place the guy has gone that wasn't a tire fire before he got there.