CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   TJ Gurley (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203017)

Jim Lahey 01-09-2014 07:48 PM

TJ Gurley
 
Any chance he can play cb next year? Or is the plan to move Elder to corner?

Jim Lahey 01-10-2014 02:10 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
O word

gamecockguy 01-10-2014 02:43 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
I don't think they move Elder. The secondary was at its best with him at FS and Williams at SS.

I doubt they move Gurley. Hes a hard hitting safety that already struggles in coverage

PageUSC 01-10-2014 02:45 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Gurley would struggle at CB. They want to keep Elder at S.

Jamari is moving to CB and we should sign Lammons and DJ Smith.

If anyone moves it sounds like it would be Brison Williams

fridayserv 01-10-2014 03:18 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Do anyone know how Chaz Elder is doing. He had 2 concussions and went out during the Capitol One game.

gamecockguy 01-10-2014 03:45 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fridayserv (Post 4054703)
Do anyone know how Chaz Elder is doing. He had 2 concussions and went out during the Capitol One game.

He came back in during the bowl game so it wasn't another concussion.

I was afraid it was another concussion too when he first went out. Guys got a ton of talent and will be a bigtime player for us if he can stay healthy

fridayserv 01-10-2014 05:59 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
thanks

Gamecocks321 01-10-2014 06:03 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
I don't see Elder moving to corner because he's listed at 6'2, but Gurley being at corner could make sense. I would definitely let him try out the position in the spring if I was the coach.

Cockypantherfan 01-10-2014 06:12 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 (Post 4054856)
I don't see Elder moving to corner because he's listed at 6'2, but Gurley being at corner could make sense. I would definitely let him try out the position in the spring if I was the coach.

As has been mentioned, I do not believe Gurley has the hips to play corner. He's more of a "seek and destroy" type of player at safety. I really hope he is back to 100% so he can push for some PT this fall.

b381l 01-10-2014 07:39 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4053985)
Any chance he can play cb next year? Or is the plan to move Elder to corner?

neither

CoverTwo 01-11-2014 01:33 AM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Gurley is one of our best safeties when/if he can get healthy.

A Gurley/Elder safety combination would probably get our best out there.

cockybreeyan 01-11-2014 01:42 AM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Elder belongs at safety for the rest of his career. He proved and earned it. Kid is gonna be a great one for us

uscsandstorm85 01-11-2014 02:27 AM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
I just want another DJ to emerge this season.

O'Aces 01-11-2014 02:32 AM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
I missed DJ this year too

Carolina4Life 01-11-2014 10:52 AM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Yea we missed Gurley this year.

Goofyboy 01-11-2014 12:00 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
I'm afraid there might be speed issues with Gurley. I hope he picks back up to where he was headed when he first came in.

USCBASEBALL1 01-11-2014 01:03 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Gurley was a very solid CB in HS. IF he can regain his speed he lost after the injury I think he could play some CB. It normally takes about a year to fully recover from his type of injury and I expect him to be close to 100% this year if not 100%.

4gamecockfb 01-11-2014 04:50 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4055287)
I just want another DJ to emerge this season.

Smith will probably have his chance

Jim Lahey 01-11-2014 09:02 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 (Post 4055490)
Gurley was a very solid CB in HS. IF he can regain his speed he lost after the injury I think he could play some CB. It normally takes about a year to fully recover from his type of injury and I expect him to be close to 100% this year if not 100%.

He should be good to go and think he has potential to contribute. He definitely was no where near 100% in 2013.

CarolinaGnB521 01-11-2014 11:49 PM

Re: TJ Gurley
 
Are any of these CB we're currently leading for/in the running for thinking about enrolling early?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.