CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Chad Morris (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203026)

Spurminator 01-10-2014 02:18 AM

Chad Morris
 
Tigger fans where I work are in a tizzy over the double dose of upsetting news heard today about Petrino, and Chad in the mix for Vanderbilt....


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

FearThethumbandDJ 01-10-2014 02:20 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
What news about petrino upset them?

dumpyloser 01-10-2014 02:34 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4054359)
What news about petrino upset them?

He's at Louisville which is in their division now. They will actually have a decent(ish) team in their division other than fsu now and a good coach

Take-a-Knee 01-10-2014 02:57 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Hey Petrino , hands off , dabo is our pigeon

usctiburon03 01-10-2014 03:15 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Morris isn't going anywhere. I think he is content where he is at.

b381l 01-10-2014 03:32 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usctiburon03 (Post 4054383)
Morris isn't going anywhere. I think he is content where he is at.

If Morriss was as great as all the taters say, he would have a line waiting to sign him up.

scunyon 01-10-2014 04:43 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4054392)
If Morriss was as great as all the taters say, he would have a line waiting to sign him up.

Chadmo's problem is AD's see that his high scoring and stat padding offense only works against teams with less than stellar defenses. Yeah, they look great against Dent Middle School, but when SCAR and FSU get on the field, they crumble.

Look at Auburn in the title game for example. Similar scheme that works great if you're ahead, but if your defense pulls a Clemson, it's not built to come from behind. Not saying he won't make a good HC in time, but you can't be taken seriously as an offensive mastermind when your teams leave their collective testes in the locker room.

They can brag about beating tOSU in the bowl of overrateds but like Clemson, they don't play anyone and when they did, they lost.

Spur's Addiction 01-10-2014 08:45 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
How long before Luisville wins the ACC with Petrino? 2 years?

InletCock1989 01-10-2014 09:01 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction (Post 4054423)
How long before Luisville wins the ACC with Petrino? 2 years?

Probably! With gaudy passing numbers

uscfreek88 01-10-2014 09:52 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction (Post 4054423)
How long before Luisville wins the ACC with Petrino? 2 years?

once Jameis leaves.....so you are about right

trapper82 01-10-2014 09:57 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Chad Morris: This is your last chance, Chad. You've coached some good offense at Clemson, Tajh and Sammy are leaving, you're ready to become a head coach. But this is probably the last BCS-level job left on the market.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...next-for-vandy

The story has always been that Morris promised his daughter she would graduate from the same high school she started at. If he turns down Vandy, he is at clemmers another year. This is the last BCS job on the market pretty much, and he would be inheriting a team that went to a bowl game in the best conference in the country. He also has enough cover for losses due to Vanderbilt having pretty high admission standards.

I know what you guys say about him not beating us, but I want the guy gone. He has helped clemmers win games they always lost before. I want Dabo to be left holding the bag rebuilding the offense so people can see how inept of a football coach he really is.

cack 01-10-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scunyon (Post 4054400)
Chadmo's problem is AD's see that his high scoring and stat padding offense only works against teams with less than stellar defenses. Yeah, they look great against Dent Middle School, but when SCAR and FSU get on the field, they crumble.

Look at Auburn in the title game for example. Similar scheme that works great if you're ahead, but if your defense pulls a Clemson, it's not built to come from behind. Not saying he won't make a good HC in time, but you can't be taken seriously as an offensive mastermind when your teams leave their collective testes in the locker room.

They can brag about beating tOSU in the bowl of overrateds but like Clemson, they don't play anyone and when they did, they lost.

Uuummmmm, no it's not. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

A. Pilgrim 01-10-2014 10:11 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cack (Post 4054452)
Uuummmmm, no it's not. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

There are a lot of similarities between Morris' and Malzahn's offenses. Morris 'studied' under Malzahn's offensive school of thought. This is not debatable, its pretty widely known.

trapper82 01-10-2014 10:13 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cack (Post 4054452)
Uuummmmm, no it's not. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

Actually they do have very similar concepts, just google Malzahn and Morris together. They are friends and Morris based his offensive scheme off of what Malzahn was doing. Where it really differs, in my novice opinion, is that Morris is based a little more on misdirection, timing, and setting up the throw while Malzahn is more of a pulling blockers and rushing the QB. But as far as the quicker tempo, more plays, and spread concept of having to defend the whole field, they match pretty well.

roosterdude21 01-10-2014 10:19 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4054450)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...next-for-vandy

The story has always been that Morris promised his daughter she would graduate from the same high school she started at. If he turns down Vandy, he is at clemmers another year. This is the last BCS job on the market pretty much, and he would be inheriting a team that went to a bowl game in the best conference in the country. He also has enough cover for losses due to Vanderbilt having pretty high admission standards.

I know what you guys say about him not beating us, but I want the guy gone. He has helped clemmers win games they always lost before. I want Dabo to be left holding the bag rebuilding the offense so people can see how inept of a football coach he really is.


Yes, this post.
:thumbsup:

roosterdude21 01-10-2014 10:24 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usctiburon03 (Post 4054383)
Morris isn't going anywhere. I think he is content where he is at.

Meanwhile he's interviewing for HC positions all around the country

2000grad 01-10-2014 10:28 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
His buyout, for an OC, is ridiculous

MountainCock 01-10-2014 10:29 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction (Post 4054423)
How long before Luisville wins the ACC with Petrino? 2 years?


That's a nice time frame. No more than two years.

Spurticus 01-10-2014 10:50 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4054450)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...next-for-vandy

The story has always been that Morris promised his daughter she would graduate from the same high school she started at. If he turns down Vandy, he is at clemmers another year. This is the last BCS job on the market pretty much, and he would be inheriting a team that went to a bowl game in the best conference in the country. He also has enough cover for losses due to Vanderbilt having pretty high admission standards.

I know what you guys say about him not beating us, but I want the guy gone. He has helped clemmers win games they always lost before. I want Dabo to be left holding the bag rebuilding the offense so people can see how inept of a football coach he really is
.

?!?!?!?!?

What has helped Clemson win games that they'd lost before is the talent they
signed out of HS in 2008 and 2009. NOT CHAD MORRIS !!
We've gone into the Clemson game the last three years with the IDENTICAL
gameplan ..... IDENTICAL, and Clemson and their high priced coaching staff
have yet to figure out what they're doing isn't working.

On offense, we KNOW they are going balls to the wall to stop our major
weapon, and Spurrier just dangles it out there in front of them and takes
what the tigers leave open trying to stop our one major weapon. When they
sold out to stop Lattimore in 2010, Spurrier gave him the ball just enough
to keep their 8 man front up in the box, and then Garcia and Alshon had
a field day because they had one man on AJeff the entire night.

The following season, They were hell bent on Stopping AJeff, and Spurrier
kept throwing to him just enough to keep them in that two deep safety,
rolling toward AJeff when he went more than 10 yards down the field, and
also dropped back the LB on that side. Spurrier had either Shaw running
wide open on QB draws to the opposite side of the field, or just dumped it
off to our TEs and RBs on that side as well.... Also left tons of room for
Miles to run underneath the coverage.

This past season, they stacked the box again to stop Davis, and Shaw had
the opening when the sold out to shut him down on the Read Option, and
they doubled up on Bruce Ellington so Shaq Roland was left one on one
deep....Yep, we took advantage of it.

Chad Morris is an Overpaid, Overrated OC who only looked good against
the majority of weak opponents he faces in the ACC, and against the 2-3
good opponents he faces each year, he shows his true colors.
There's a reason Morris isn't sitting by his phone saying no thanks to the
10-20 teams with coaching vacancies every year turning them down to stay
at Clemson. He's had one or two "interviews" simply because those teams
needed to interview a couple more besides the man they were intending to
hire anyway.

Morris will not go to Vandy (IMO), because IMO, Vandy will go after a better
prospect. Morris will not be able to get the kind of talent to make himself
look like an Offensive genius, nor will he playing in a conference loaded with
unranked teams like he did at Clemson.
Morris is waiting for Dabo to leave, and he wants the Head Coaching job
at Clemson.

A. Pilgrim 01-10-2014 10:56 AM

Re: Chad Morris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4054450)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...next-for-vandy

The story has always been that Morris promised his daughter she would graduate from the same high school she started at. If he turns down Vandy, he is at clemmers another year. This is the last BCS job on the market pretty much, and he would be inheriting a team that went to a bowl game in the best conference in the country. He also has enough cover for losses due to Vanderbilt having pretty high admission standards.

I know what you guys say about him not beating us, but I want the guy gone. He has helped clemmers win games they always lost before. I want Dabo to be left holding the bag rebuilding the offense so people can see how inept of a football coach he really is.

Truth.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.