CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Future of SEC East (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203062)

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 01:21 PM

Future of SEC East

James Franklin is now officially gone from Vandy and I think they will have a VERY hard time replacing him. Tennessee will effectively own the state in recruiting for the near future. which has basically already transpired. This is a near future that is stocked with some of the best talent the state has ever seen.

Spurrier, while building SC into a great program, is in his final 3-5 years at most. I think it is safe to assume that SC is either at its peak or very near their peak as a program for the foreseeable future. I could see a few more very good seasons for yall, but in no way will the next coach there be able to sustain what he has done. This is obviously my opinion.

Florida is a disaster. While they could be one hire away from a complete quick turnaround, you can at least see a couple more seasons of average teams for them.

UGA fans are back on the fire Richt bandwagon after an 8-5 season. He is refusing to fire Grantham and Bobo and I think is on his final years as well. They will continue to under achieve under him and even if they do replace him are they guaranteed to even stay at the level he's had them?

Kentucky will always suck.

That leaves Missouri, which is a solid program with a good coach, but will never have recruiting advantages that others in the SEC East have. They will pop up every few years when the stars align for them, but overall they won't ever be the top East program, IMO.

That leaves the Vols. The early reports are that the 14 EE's we just enrolled are some of the best talent we've had in years. Also with likelihood of adding a couple more 4 stars down the stretch and a very good beginning of the 2015 class, we look to be turning the Titantic around.

We do have the hardest West draw every year, but y'all add A&M now and LSU and Auburn are always great as well which UF and UGA have to play.

I really think the changing of the guard is in full motion, I see the light at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel. 2014 I think will give you a glimpse into that future of the Vols, but there will likely be a few more bumps in the road. But in 2015, I think you will officially see the changing of the guard and the Vols will be back on top of the SEC East competing for titles again!

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest. Proceed to bash away.:kill:

WE_ARE 01-11-2014 01:37 PM

Re: Future of SEC East

garnet_black215 01-11-2014 01:39 PM

There wasn't any orange sunglasses in that post at all.

Nope, not at all.

AtlGAMECOCK 01-11-2014 01:40 PM

I will never get the after Spurrier no one will be able to sustain what he has done. I think I heard this during the Holtz years from opposing fans. I have no clue what the future holds for us whenever Spurrier decides to hang it up but no one does.

I get it your an opposing fan and want to see every team beside yours crumble. The future may be bright for UT it may not. I think you need to pump the breaks and give it another year or two before you count UT as king of the east.

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4055523)
There wasn't any orange sunglasses in that post at all.

Nope, not at all.

The future is so bright I gotta wear SHADES!

http://lghttp.26467.nexcesscdn.net/8...enn-1_back.jpg

CockyCody 01-11-2014 02:04 PM

:wink:Isn't there some scuttle-butt over UT's class this year because of the numbers involved?

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-11-2014 02:05 PM

http://img003.lazygirls.info/people/...osUo.sized.gif

cockybusiness2 01-11-2014 02:08 PM

Another fan base drinking ORANGE koolaid

trapper82 01-11-2014 02:08 PM

Or Butch Jones leaves for greener pastures and the debt you have racked up keeps you from hiring a suitable replacement.

GamecockUltimate 01-11-2014 02:16 PM

Didn't y'all finish like second to last in the east?

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4055548)
Didn't y'all finish like second to last in the east?

That is correct, which is why I say 2015 at the earliest to begin competing for the top spot again.

But I really believe in this staff and the quality of players they are bringing in!

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4055543)
Or Butch Jones leaves for greener pastures and the debt you have racked up keeps you from hiring a suitable replacement.

Certainly possible...but I am an optimist not a pessimist!

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 (Post 4055542)
Another fan base drinking ORANGE koolaid

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y9_vYdQ7nR..._1386669_n.jpg

GamecockUltimate 01-11-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4055563)
That is correct, which is why I say 2015 at the earliest to begin competing for the top spot again.

But I really believe in this staff and the quality of players they are bringing in!

Haven't y'all been talking about great recruiting for like 5 years now?

U-Dub Gamecock 01-11-2014 02:36 PM

Carolina: should be the favorite(gets UGA and Missou at home...only game I see them being a dog is at Auburn)
Missou: Gets UGA at home
UGA
Florida
Tennessee
Vandy
Kentucky

There is my prediction...

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4055569)
Haven't y'all been talking about great recruiting for like 5 years now?

We may have hoped for great recruiting for 5 years but the fact is that Dooley's classes consistently finished in the bottom half of the SEC every year except for his first (which all have either gone pro early or flamed out).

This class is elite. 18+ 4/5 stars as of now with chances of adding a couple more. Top 2 in the SEC and first in the East.

Ericvol2096 01-11-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4055570)

Carolina: should be the favorite(gets UGA and Missou at home...only game I see them being a dog is at Auburn)
Missou: Gets UGA at home
UGA
Florida
Tennessee
Vandy
Kentucky

There is my prediction...

Good prediction, I could see Florida and Tennessee flipping if for the love of all things holy we can finally beat them in Knoxville this October.

Also could see flipping UGA and Missouri.

Thenardier 01-11-2014 02:57 PM

Coming years Tenn., UF to rise, and SC to fall.

GamecockUltimate 01-11-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4055583)
We may have hoped for great recruiting for 5 years but the fact is that Dooley's classes consistently finished in the bottom half of the SEC every year except for his first (which all have either gone pro early or flamed out).

This class is elite. 18+ 4/5 stars as of now with chances of adding a couple more. Top 2 in the SEC and first in the East.

My point I've heard the same thing from my vol friends for the past few years, I don't believe it

Carolina4Life 01-11-2014 02:58 PM

Tennessee hasn't been relevant in years and are still recruiting well. We've gone 33-6 in the last three years and still aren't making the strives in recruiting like we should. Time to wake up folks, we can't keep landing 3 stars with few 4 stars and expect to win a championship.