CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Amazing Roku App (Football fan, check it!) (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203070)

ColaCock 01-11-2014 04:14 PM

Amazing Roku App (Football fan, check it!)

A new app called USTVnow is out and it provides free HD streams of basic channels like FOX, ABC, CBS, A&E, etc...about 6-7 channels total.

They also have a premium subscription that gives you around $100 channels.

It was initially designed for military who lived out of the US to access local US content.

Add the channel and link to your Roku device...and you can watch NFL games and all other content on these channels.

I cut all of my extra room cable boxes a few months ago and only have one box in the living room...Rokus in the other rooms. The WatchESPN app was a blessing for watching sports...now with this, I have NFL games on national TV covered PLUS the college games that aren't on ESPN networks.

Add it...then send me rep!:thumbsup:

JohnnyR2211 01-11-2014 04:21 PM

Re: Amazing Roku App (Football fan, check it!)

Where might one find this app? On the apple app store?

FlorenceCock 01-11-2014 04:31 PM

I just looked through the channel store and could not find it? Where is it located?

ColaCock 01-11-2014 05:10 PM

Sorry, it is a private channel.

Here are the directions:

http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2012/...nside-USA.html

Follow those directions...and don't worry about it saying "Free Trial" because the basic 6-7 channels are completely free. Don't understand why they use a trial for that. If you want a premium service, you can pay more I suppose.

ColaCock 01-11-2014 05:11 PM

It is available on AppleTV, and also mobile devices as well I believe.

ColaCock 01-11-2014 05:15 PM

EDIT: I just now realized what the "Free Trial" means. For 45 days, you can watch on any device in HD. After that, you can only watch on a computer in standard resolution...or pay their subscription fee.

There are plans after that:

- 1 Day Pass $2.99
- 3 Day Pass $6.99 ($2.33/day)
- 1 Week Pass $15 ($2.14/day)
- Monthly Subscription Promo price of $19/month for the first 3 months and $29 thereafter

Still, for $2.99 to watch some games outside or in another area of your home isn't a bad deal to me. This free period will get me through playoffs and Super Bowl at least! Maybe even some Olympics as well.

usc_yogi 01-12-2014 02:17 PM

Seems like a lot of hassle for the network channels. Why not just get an HD antenna for those extra tvs?

ColaCock 01-13-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4056541)
Seems like a lot of hassle for the network channels. Why not just get an HD antenna for those extra tvs?

Well, mainly because it is in one place (Roku) and also, it has a couple channels the antenna doesn't provide. I'm all about consolidating devices.

usc_yogi 01-13-2014 03:09 PM

Gotcha. I need to update my Roku. I have one of the old XD models. It streams fine, but it is not as responsive as I want it to be. I really wish it had the PS3 Netflix UI bc the one on Roku sucks.

Cockadoo 01-13-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4058075)
Gotcha. I need to update my Roku. I have one of the old XD models. It streams fine, but it is not as responsive as I want it to be. I really wish it had the PS3 Netflix UI bc the one on Roku sucks.

With the Roku 3 it's now the opposite. They are both the same UI now but the PS3 is a lot slower then the Roku. That goes for all the vid apps, amazon VUDU, etc. The Roku 3 is way more responsive and quicker at bringing up the apps and playing the movies then my PS3.

usc_yogi 01-14-2014 12:28 PM

My ROKU brings up the apps faster, but once in the apps the PS3 does faster work. I have the ROKU hooked up to a smart tv in my bedroom. I need to compare it to the smart tv apps. I haven't even messed around with it. I may eventually just get a ROKU 3 for my living room instead of using my PS3 so my in-laws can learn how to use it.