CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hate it or Love It (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203079)

the_ultimatethrill 01-12-2014 12:21 AM

Hate it or Love It

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/1...former-ad.html

Lot of truth in this article and I am forever grateful to Hyman for the decisions he made :clap:

cockybreeyan 01-12-2014 12:33 AM

Re: Hate it or Love It

Other than the Garcia situation, I can't think of one reason not to be a Hyman fan. I mean, just look at our program.. the man does his job extremely well wherever he goes.

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-12-2014 12:44 AM

Hyman did a lot for us and thankful for everything he did. When he left we had the greatest stable of coaches probably ever assembled at one University, Spurrier, Staley, Tanner, and Martin, and then Coach Tanner fulfilled his dream to be an AD.

CarolinaGnB521 01-12-2014 01:12 AM

Hyman did a lot of great things at this University. His job isn't always fun, if you think he enjoyed dealings with Garcia, or boosters upset with increase in ticket prices, etc. you've got another thing coming.

I respect everything the man did here, aside from the Garcia situation. I actually liked most of what he did. It's hard to talk about Garcia here because so many people dislike him for whatever reasons, and people still like to put single game losses on his back. And no matter how much you continue to do that, Garcia takes it and doesn't respond. Part of the reason I love him as a player. He didn't always do the right things, but he was a good guy. Doesn't have the best reputation, but that reputation was built by people who didn't know him.

PSL's are another hot topic with Hyman. Boy, am I glad those conversations are over (for the most part).

trapper82 01-12-2014 01:23 AM

Only thing I didn't like was his men's bball hire because Gregg Marshall was available.

Gamecocks1137 01-12-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4056275)
Only thing I didn't like was his men's bball hire because Gregg Marshall was available.

Give Martin time, he will turn things around. Rome was not built in a day, and neither is an elite basketball team.

trapper82 01-12-2014 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4056339)
Give Martin time, he will turn things around. Rome was not built in a day, and neither is an elite basketball team.

I was referring to Horn.

Gamecocks1137 01-12-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4056343)
I was referring to Horn.

Oh, then forgive me. I understand your reasoning now.

BlueHerons 01-12-2014 05:41 AM

Why would anyone hate Eric Hyman?

CarolinaGnB521 01-12-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHerons (Post 4056350)
Why would anyone hate Eric Hyman?

Were you ever around for any of the PSL threads? People hated him then...was it for a good reason, no, but they definitely hated him.

Dizzy01 01-12-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockybreeyan (Post 4056226)
Other than the Garcia situation, I can't think of one reason not to be a Hyman fan. I mean, just look at our program.. the man does his job extremely well wherever he goes.

Agreed. My only issue is he should have stepped in and handled the Garcia issues earlier rather than letting him fester. In hindsight Horn didn't pan out but at the time he was one of the hot young coaches that other programs were targeting as well. Regardless you can't look at the current facilities and plans (which may or may not ever happen) and not see the positive impact he had.

scfanz 01-12-2014 12:23 PM

I don't blame Hyman for any of the Garcia crap. Stephen Garcia is solely to blame for all of his issues.

brat 01-12-2014 02:00 PM

When he first arrived, he commented about our apparel/name issue based on clothing he saw at the Charlotte Airport. He made it sound like he was going to do away with us calling ourselves "Carolina". With him being a UNC Tar Goat", that made me angrier than I had been in a long time. I also feared he was going to model us after UNC in every way possible.

Eventually, those fears proved unfounded. While he ruffled a few feathers, all in all he did far more good than bad. He left at the right time and we got Ray calling the shots, someone none of us have fears over.

CarolinaGnB521 01-12-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfanz (Post 4056450)
I don't blame Hyman for any of the Garcia crap. Stephen Garcia is solely to blame for all of his issues.

I agree completely. He is his own man and did everything that he did. I think, however, that people are more upset with how Hyman handled the situation(s).

roosterdude21 01-12-2014 02:59 PM

Always a fan on the Hyman

boowilliam4 01-12-2014 05:38 PM

Hyman is one of the many men to help turn this program around. As far as the garcia situation, he did some great things on the field but made some poor choices off the field. He still helped us beat up on #1 BAMA :woo:

AggieTodd 01-13-2014 05:11 PM

I'm glad to read good things about Hyman. Hopefully, he can help A&M to continue improving and specifically, he has to fix the men's basketball program.