CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Eats (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Tuna Burgers (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203083)

Carolina4Life 01-12-2014 09:41 AM

Tuna Burgers
 
1. Grab a bowl and put 4 cans of tuna in it. (drain all the juice out first)

2. Chop up some bell pepper, red pepper & green onion then add it to the bowl.

3. Add a tablespoon of mayo and mustard with a small dab of hot sauce to the bowl.

4. Add bread crumbs to the bowl.

5. Mix it all up.

6. Make your patties and place in the oven on 400. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.

7. Take them out and serve them on a bun with lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo.


http://www.blisstree.com/files/2009/...r-high-res.jpg

3MTA3 01-12-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
You had me up till be mayo and breadcrumbs.

warriorchief 01-14-2014 05:14 PM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
The Shrimp Shack on St. Helena Island does something similar for their shrimp burger. They rough chop shrimp, mix it with egg and a hushpuppy-type of mixture and then bake it (didn't taste fried at least)

Top that thing with some cocktail sauce and a thin layer of good tartar sauce... boy it's good.

The Yancey 01-14-2014 09:04 PM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Canned tuna? Really? Why not just grill a nice tuna steak lightly?

ReadR00ster 01-14-2014 09:10 PM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
It's a good idea for a budget, but it's more of a tuna fish cake. I make them some times.

RoosterBooster 01-21-2014 10:38 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4056396)
You had me up till be mayo and breadcrumbs.

Lost me at cans.

RoosterBooster 01-21-2014 10:45 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4059377)
The Shrimp Shack on St. Helena Island does something similar for their shrimp burger. They rough chop shrimp, mix it with egg and a hushpuppy-type of mixture and then bake it (didn't taste fried at least)

Top that thing with some cocktail sauce and a thin layer of good tartar sauce... boy it's good.

Excellent roadside grub. You should check out Boondocks. Owner is a big Tiger fan.

usc_yogi 01-21-2014 10:54 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4059547)
Canned tuna? Really? Why not just grill a nice tuna steak lightly?

I like tuna sushi but I don't like canned tuna. In your opinion, will I like a lightly grilled tuna steak?

hellraiser24 01-21-2014 11:10 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4065790)
I like tuna sushi but I don't like canned tuna. In your opinion, will I like a lightly grilled tuna steak?

Idk, was the sushi tuna you tried actually tuna? Because 59% of the fish labeled as tuna in the US is not actually tuna, and the percentage for mislabeled sushi restaurants is 74%. LINK

zappa 01-21-2014 11:13 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4056391)
1. Grab a bowl and put 4 cans of tuna in it. (drain all the juice out first)

2. Chop up some bell pepper, red pepper & green onion then add it to the bowl.

3. Add a tablespoon of mayo and mustard with a small dab of hot sauce to the bowl.

4. Add bread crumbs to the bowl.

5. Mix it all up.

6. Make your patties and place in the oven on 400. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.

7. Take them out and serve them on a bun with lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo.


http://www.blisstree.com/files/2009/...r-high-res.jpg

Also really good with canned salmon,which I fry instead of bake.

usc_yogi 01-21-2014 11:20 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellraiser24 (Post 4065805)
Idk, was the sushi tuna you tried actually tuna? Because 59% of the fish labeled as tuna in the US is not actually tuna, and the percentage for mislabeled sushi restaurants is 74%. LINK

I really can't answer that. I've eat sushi a number of times so I can only guess it has gone both ways. The main reason I like sushi in general is because it doesn't have that fishy taste for the most part. Do tuna steaks have that fishy taste?

hellraiser24 01-21-2014 11:35 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4065818)
I really can't answer that. I've eat sushi a number of times so I can only guess it has gone both ways. The main reason I like sushi in general is because it doesn't have that fishy taste for the most part. Do tuna steaks have that fishy taste?

No, they do not.

Carolina4Life 01-21-2014 11:40 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4059547)
Canned tuna? Really? Why not just grill a nice tuna steak lightly?


I guess you could do either but the can tuna is what I used.

What's wrong with caned tuna?

RoosterBooster 01-21-2014 11:47 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4065835)
I guess you could do either but the can tuna is what I used.

What's wrong with caned tuna?

The caning bruises it.

The Yancey 01-21-2014 11:51 AM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4065835)
I guess you could do either but the can tuna is what I used.

What's wrong with caned tuna?

Lets say you have a hankering for some fried chicken or some grilled wings. Would you choose nice fresh grade A chicken from your grocer's meat counter or one from a can?

http://foodnetworkhumor.com/img/chicken-can-3.jpg

Carolina4Life 01-21-2014 12:03 PM

Re: Tuna Burgers
 
If choose grade A chicken but some people don't have that luxury.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.