CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Akeem Aguste (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203151)

Big-Cock 01-14-2014 02:59 PM

Akeem Aguste

I'm not sure if anyone knew this but AA is on the practice squad of the Seahawks. I have never seen it posted on here.

bhs04 01-14-2014 07:25 PM

Re: Akeem Aguste

Yea when that CB for them got suspended for drugs they piled him up.

TaiwanCock 01-14-2014 07:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Found a short article about AA from early this month that complimented him.

Akeem Auguste shows up to work each day to a locker that features Doug Baldwin to his right, and Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas a few steps to his left. Yet Auguste, a member of the Seahawks practice squad, would undoubtedly pass unnoticed through a crowd of even the most die-hard Seahawks fans.
As the rest of the practice squad, Auguste takes part in every workout and meeting during the week, then spends game days on the sideline out of uniform — and out of sight and out of mind of the 68,000-plus spectators who cram CenturyLink Field on Sundays.
What matters to Auguste, though, is that he gains the notice of his teammates and coaches.
He has accomplished that, which became apparent during a recent interview. While Auguste talked to a reporter after a recent practice, Baldwin and quarterback Russell Wilson each interrupted to throw in a few compliments.
“That’s a good football player right there, man,’’ Wilson said. “He (intercepted) me in practice the other day.’’
Such words, Auguste hopes, foreshadow getting what he really wants — a chance to join Wilson and the rest of the Seahawks on the field someday.

Blackland 01-14-2014 08:54 PM

He was a great player for us, glad he is doing well.

It should be something that some of our guys who leave early should take note of that a player as good as Akeem is on a practice squad. It is that hard to make an NFL roster.

COCKYWOOD 01-15-2014 01:20 PM

:clap::clap::clap: Keep up the good work! :wink::wink::wink:

Jim Lahey 01-15-2014 01:51 PM

Do work Akeem! Hope to see him in action next season

militarymind17 01-16-2014 12:41 AM

Keep working hard AA!!!:woo:

MWard 01-16-2014 12:59 AM

Practice Squad players get a minimum of $6000 a week, if you're with the team the hole season, that's a damn fine living for working half a year.

GoldenSpur7 01-16-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaiwanCock (Post 4059488)
Thanks for the heads up. Found a short article about AA from early this month that complimented him.

Akeem Auguste shows up to work each day to a locker that features Doug Baldwin to his right, and Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas a few steps to his left. Yet Auguste, a member of the Seahawks practice squad, would undoubtedly pass unnoticed through a crowd of even the most die-hard Seahawks fans.
As the rest of the practice squad, Auguste takes part in every workout and meeting during the week, then spends game days on the sideline out of uniform — and out of sight and out of mind of the 68,000-plus spectators who cram CenturyLink Field on Sundays.
What matters to Auguste, though, is that he gains the notice of his teammates and coaches.
He has accomplished that, which became apparent during a recent interview. While Auguste talked to a reporter after a recent practice, Baldwin and quarterback Russell Wilson each interrupted to throw in a few compliments.
“That’s a good football player right there, man,’’ Wilson said. “He (intercepted) me in practice the other day.’’
Such words, Auguste hopes, foreshadow getting what he really wants — a chance to join Wilson and the rest of the Seahawks on the field someday.

That's a tough rotation to crack, there. But rootin' for AA, to be sure.

SpurProsecutor 01-16-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWard (Post 4060836)
Practice Squad players get a minimum of $6000 a week, if you're with the team the hole season, that's a damn fine living for working half a year.

Wow! Had no idea the practice squad guys make that much per week. Does that include pre season as well?

Goofyboy 01-16-2014 05:51 PM

I believe the practice squad is formed after the last cut (to 53 man rosters). Prior to that, players are paid by whatever their FA contract specifies, usually a few thousand per week. I think the squad is disbanded at season's end, but players might get paid something between seasons.