CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Great video of draft guru praising Connor Shaw (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203165)

Kazak 01-14-2014 07:41 PM

Great video of draft guru praising Connor Shaw

I just happened to run across this. CBS Sports #1 draft guru Rob Rang heaps praise on Connor Shaw and predicts he'll get picked up in the 4th or 5th round.

Here's the link to the video: http://tv.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft-...44995-cbs.html

cockybreeyan 01-14-2014 07:52 PM

Re: Great video of draft guru praising Connor Shaw

Can't really argue with anything he said.

Flameout12 01-14-2014 08:50 PM

So if Connor goes in the 5th rd, will he be the highest any USC QB has ever been picked in the draft?

JerseyBird 01-15-2014 08:30 AM

Agree with the comment -

"Whatever team picks Connor Shaw is getting the steal of the draft."

FanofCarolina1 01-15-2014 11:14 AM

I would love to see him get drafted by Miami. If not them. either Atlanta or San Fran.

tgobbel 01-15-2014 01:20 PM

You got this Connor!

Biocockanics 01-15-2014 01:23 PM

I think for long-term career he's a better fit in New England...those guys coach and develop talent like no one else.

But he'd be PERFECT for Chip Kelly's natural offense.

Kazak 01-15-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4059532)
So if Connor goes in the 5th rd, will he be the highest any USC QB has ever been picked in the draft?

Yes.

Todd Ellis was a 9th round pick, back when they had several more rounds (there are only 7 rounds now). He was cut by Denver in the preseason and never played in a regular season game. Anthony Wright was an undrafted free agent who signed with the Steelers (and went on to have a decent little career as a backup for several teams). Steve Tanneyhill and Blake Mitchell were undrafted free agents who never made a final roster. Dan Reeves was an undrafted free agent way back in the day -- he made the Dallas Cowboys roster after converting to safety, and then to running back (where he had some notable success, even becoming an All-Pro in 1966).

So...unless I'm missing something, Ellis was the only Gamecock QB ever drafted, and he went in the now non-existent 9th round. All the more reason to root for Connor in this draft!

Garnet Gamecock 01-15-2014 03:33 PM

It seems like Connor is finally getting the accolades he is due...

Glad to see it!

Can't wait to watch the draft to see where his name comes up!

behindenemylines 01-15-2014 03:37 PM

I think Connor has the HOLY @#@^%@#$! Did you see that potential at the combine that could vault into the 3rd round.

sc455 01-15-2014 05:27 PM

For the recruitniks, the second guy he talked about from The University ofMemphis is a guy named Johnnie Farms. He was originally committed to South Carolina but changed his commit to Unc because he said the "academic" situation there was stronger.

Of course, he transferred out of Unc to Memphis and couldn't even finish his year out there. Safe to say that we won that battle even though many thought we lost it.

gamecockguy 01-15-2014 05:51 PM

The Saints or the Patriots would be great spots for him to land.

Bill O'Brien is suppose to be very good at developing QBs so if the Texans pick him up late that could work out as well.

Philadelphia and Seattle would fit his style but he would struggle to get on the field sitting behind Wilson and Foles.

NFLPA collegiate bowl practice is on ESPNU right now if anyones interested. Shaw could be shown at some point

ClintonGamecock 01-15-2014 06:39 PM

He would be a great fit in San Francisco. Would love to see him and Marcus in the backfield together again but Kapernick and Gore are not ready to give it up yet.

Gamecocks1137 01-15-2014 06:43 PM

Tood Mcshay just wrote this article about Connor Shaw and the NFL. Very positive read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...shaw-an-nfl-qb

Lalli25 01-15-2014 07:07 PM

Most of the stuff on Shaw is very positive which is great to hear. I read one idiot who tried saying he maxed out his potential.

Lonnie 01-15-2014 07:10 PM

I don't care where he goes. I just want to see him get PAID!!

Cockadoo 01-16-2014 12:50 PM

It is funny how way off this Senior NFL Draft Analysis is about Connor. He said he had great arm strength and accuracy from the pocket. But our very own talent experts on here said he doesn't have good arm strength or accuracy, that the receivers made him look good. Said he needed to be replaced and maybe moved to another position. So I'm confused, I don't know who to believe anymore.

Gamecocks1137 01-16-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4061117)
It is funny how way off this Senior NFL Draft Analysis is about Connor. He said he had great arm strength and accuracy from the pocket. But our very own talent experts on here said he doesn't have good arm strength or accuracy, that the receivers made him look good. Said he needed to be replaced and maybe moved to another position. So I'm confused, I don't know who to believe anymore.

Believe what you saw him do while on the field. That says it all.

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 04:42 PM

Would love my Falcons to get Connor as our backup to Matty Ice

#7Clowney 01-18-2014 11:09 AM

If he goes to SF, I wont watch his games.

****!!!