CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203190)

ReadR00ster 01-15-2014 03:06 PM

Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
I suggested earlier that we make that parking since the new facility and practice fields is going take up a lot of our parking area. Someone said we lease it from the National Guard and we will stop leasing it. That is a dumb idea. That land is right across from the stadium. We should buy that property from the NG, they don't need it for anything. Any time we have a chance to get property near our stadium we need to jump on that.

pitchcock 01-15-2014 04:31 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
My understanding is the NG wants to use that land, and doesn't want to sell it or extend a lease

sc455 01-15-2014 04:51 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4060052)
I suggested earlier that we make that parking since the new facility and practice fields is going take up a lot of our parking area. Someone said we lease it from the National Guard and we will stop leasing it. That is a dumb idea. That land is right across from the stadium. We should buy that property from the NG, they don't need it for anything. Any time we have a chance to get property near our stadium we need to jump on that.

As Ron Burgundy states.."that's just dumb".

donbgamecock 01-15-2014 04:52 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchcock (Post 4060160)
My understanding is the NG wants to use that land, and doesn't want to sell it or extend a lease

Do they wear orange uniforms?

Nureye 01-15-2014 05:38 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4060052)
I suggested earlier that we make that parking since the new facility and practice fields is going take up a lot of our parking area. Someone said we lease it from the National Guard and we will stop leasing it. That is a dumb idea. That land is right across from the stadium. We should buy that property from the NG, they don't need it for anything. Any time we have a chance to get property near our stadium we need to jump on that.

Go home ReadR00ster...you're drunk.

ReadR00ster 01-15-2014 05:52 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by donbgamecock (Post 4060173)
Do they wear orange uniforms?

probably. All of a sudden they want it now? They have a price I am sure. Parking is a premium now. Perhaps they want to put their own parking lot their and charge $800 a spot.

gamecockguy 01-15-2014 05:54 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchcock (Post 4060160)
My understanding is the NG wants to use that land, and doesn't want to sell it or extend a lease


This. We wouldn't be building new practice fields if they would extend the lease or sell the land.

ReadR00ster 01-15-2014 06:15 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockguy (Post 4060224)
This. We wouldn't be building new practice fields if they would extend the lease or sell the land.

WHAT?! That's ridiculous. We've needed that new practice facility for years. It's been seriously holding back our recruiting. There is no way Spurrier was going to retire with the same old facilities.

gamecockguy 01-15-2014 06:25 PM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4060240)
WHAT?! That's ridiculous. We've needed that new practice facility for years. It's been seriously holding back our recruiting. There is no way Spurrier was going to retire with the same old facilities.

We've needed a bigger indoor practice facility with a 100 yard field for a few years but I think the practice fields themselves were fine.

I assure you that they were not holding us back in recruiting at least. Lack of a new indoor practice facility? Maybe. But the outdoor practice fields definitely were not.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they were redone around 2007

uscsandstorm85 01-16-2014 01:57 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
I thought the National Guard already refused a offer to buy that property.

Gamecockfanatic4 01-16-2014 02:06 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4060240)
WHAT?! That's ridiculous. We've needed that new practice facility for years. It's been seriously holding back our recruiting. There is no way Spurrier was going to retire with the same old facilities.

No recruit has ever said oh I'm not going there I dont like they're practice fields

ReadR00ster 01-16-2014 02:13 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockguy (Post 4060246)
We've needed a bigger indoor practice facility with a 100 yard field for a few years but I think the practice fields themselves were fine.

I assure you that they were not holding us back in recruiting at least. Lack of a new indoor practice facility? Maybe. But the outdoor practice fields definitely were not.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they were redone around 2007

If you are going to have a brand spanking new indoor facility your going to put the practice fields next to it. Instead of having everyone trudge five blocks to go from one to the other.

FlorenceCock 01-16-2014 02:18 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
The National Guard already has plans drawn up for a new building that they are going to build on that land. They wanted to do it before the last time we renewed the lease but we managed to extend it a little longer.

SanAntonioCock 01-16-2014 05:02 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 (Post 4060867)
No recruit has ever said oh I'm not going there I dont like they're practice fields

Practice?...we talkin' bout practice?

JAYBEZ 01-16-2014 10:03 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4060879)
Practice?...we talkin' bout practice?

Fields, practice frields

Cock Kool-Aid 01-16-2014 10:27 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4060872)
The National Guard already has plans drawn up for a new building that they are going to build on that land. They wanted to do it before the last time we renewed the lease but we managed to extend it a little longer.

Where do you get this information? Just curious.

Cockypoo 01-16-2014 11:12 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Pretty sure there was an article on this in the state paper about a year ago. The article said that the NG had worked a deal with USC to continue leasing the land till our new fields were complete, at which time they (NG) would begin developing the land. Don't remember if it said what they were going to do with it.

bigduff32 01-16-2014 11:42 AM

Re: Stadium Parking - Proving Grounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4060052)
I suggested earlier that we make that parking since the new facility and practice fields is going take up a lot of our parking area. Someone said we lease it from the National Guard and we will stop leasing it. That is a dumb idea. That land is right across from the stadium. We should buy that property from the NG, they don't need it for anything. Any time we have a chance to get property near our stadium we need to jump on that.

Um...... If the National Guard says that we cant have it, it might be a wise idea to do what they say....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.