CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203233)

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 04:38 PM

USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday

Are offering students tshirts and free food at the game...hopefully this will drive people to come

Biocockanics 01-16-2014 04:45 PM

Re: USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday

I'd go but $40 for 2 tickets in the nosebleeds is too steep for my miserly self.

2000grad 01-16-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy (Post 4061376)
Are offering students tshirts and free food at the game...hopefully this will drive people to come

Students don't pay ticket prices anyway...they need to offer people that pay full price for tickets more incentive in order to pack the house. Get a bunch of different kids groups performing at halftime and that will draw more of the parents in to watch their kids and make it look like there are more people there

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 04:57 PM

It is the Football Recognition game and the recruits are coming for the OV weekend, need a big crowd!

roosterdude21 01-16-2014 04:59 PM

I can see the need for this, huge football recruiting weekend. Hopefully they pack the place out

GapoGamecock51 01-16-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy (Post 4061412)
It is the Football Recognition game and the recruits are coming for the OV weekend, need a big crowd!

If my friends father's funeral isn't on that day then I have to be there as an employee of the arena.

Gapo

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 05:03 PM

I'm going (student at USC) and I know a lot of other students that are attending, need some "We Want Prince" chants and others going on

GapoGamecock51 01-16-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosterdude21 (Post 4061415)
I can see the need for this, huge football recruiting weekend. Hopefully they pack the place out

The LSU game had a good turnout, IMO. I was there as a patron this time, not an employee. It was all but filled in the lower bowl, and huge patches in the upper deck were full as well.

Gapo

GapoGamecock51 01-16-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy (Post 4061418)
I'm going (student at USC) and I know a lot of other students that are attending, need some "We Want Prince" chants and others going on

Look for me......30 year old, White guy, goatee, shaved head, in a grey and black guest services uniform....Come say hello.

Gapo

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 05:06 PM

Thats what I heard, couldn't go because I was driving back to school but losses to LSU and aTm probably will hurt attendance this weekend sadly

ConwayGamecock 01-16-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy (Post 4061412)

I also read some other events are planned.....Frank McGuire is being honored during the game, and past Gamecocks BB greats will also attend. Plus I also think Coach Staley is going to be honored somehow in relation to her induction into the BB HOF, but don't know if this will take place tomorrow, or during their game Saturday versus Alabama....

Metalrush24 01-16-2014 05:16 PM

Free parking would help

Not saying it would happen, but I would assume it would help.

catdaddy66 01-16-2014 05:40 PM

I got my tickets and will be loud and proud! My daughter will as well.

ds401 01-16-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4061389)
I'd go but $40 for 2 tickets in the nosebleeds is too steep for my miserly self.

Just went on Ticketmaster. Tickets showing for $9.50 each. South Carolina ticketmaster 24.50 each. Anyone seeing that??

Cockhornleghorn 01-16-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4061389)

Get them outside the arena much cheaper than that.

SECgamecock453 01-16-2014 10:24 PM

Pretty sad.. usually these stunts are reserved for women's basketball games. We have to have the worst student section in the country. I see college basketball games all the time and everyone else seems more coordinated and packed OUT. There were times when I was a student we got LOUD and were packed but it was when great teams came to play: Kansas, Kentucky, Florida. We did have a lot of great student crowds under Horn though, in particular I remember the game where we beat UGA 78-77 (it was after the #1 UK win) - great atmospheres both games. It's just gotten so bad.

Gamecocks1137 01-16-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy (Post 4061418)

Hate to Mr. Buzzkillington, but I don't think you can actually do that within NCAA rules. Or is that just at Football games?

U-Dub Gamecock 01-16-2014 11:03 PM

And you have the World of Beer Festival right up the hill after the game is over.

SirBigSpur 01-17-2014 10:44 AM

I normally would go, but I have to cast a revue tonight and that will take until 5 in the morning at least, and I have a friend's surprise party to attend. I will be sleeping!

jellafever 01-17-2014 01:28 PM

Going to the noon Beer Fest so I can make it to the CLA for the game or at least halftime. I figure I'll be able to understand everything Spurrier says this way.