CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Have to think schedule favors USC to win the East (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203234)

AtlantaSportsGuy 01-16-2014 04:44 PM

Have to think schedule favors USC to win the East

UGA and Mizzou at home, only tough game is at Auburn:thumbsup:

Gamecocks1137 01-16-2014 04:51 PM

Re: Have to think schedule favors USC to win the East

It sure is looking that way. Would be nice to bring home the hardware.

LawyerLarry 01-16-2014 04:51 PM

And Auburn showed their hand this year by running a variation of the same play 90% of the time. We should be ready to defend against the one and only play they know.

Edit: I guess they know 3 plays if you count the hail mary pass and field goal return.

GamecockGirl23 01-16-2014 05:15 PM

we'll have to see....im a little nervous about the schedule due to the fact that we gotta have some players step up at key positions

Geechieboy 01-16-2014 05:20 PM

Winning the East is going to fall on one guys shoulders. Dylan Thompson. I like him but we are just going to have to see what he can do in a full schedule situation.

GamecockGirl23 01-16-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geechieboy (Post 4061442)
Winning the East is going to fall on one guys shoulders. Dylan Thompson. I like him but we are just going to have to see what he can do in a full schedule situation.

very true, we've seen him make great plays and then there's the not so great plays...if he can get a little more consistent, he has both the talent and the drive to win

boowilliam4 01-16-2014 05:34 PM

I still think TAMU is going to be a tough first game even without Johnny and Evans.

Thenardier 01-16-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4061405)
And Auburn showed their hand this year by running a variation of the same play 90% of the time. We should be ready to defend against the one and only play they know.

Edit: I guess they know 3 plays if you count the hail mary pass and field goal return.

Yeah, since Alabama, UGA, and Mizzou couldn't stop that one play, I'm sure SC can.

b381l 01-16-2014 06:32 PM

Overall the 2014 schedule is harder than the 2013 schedule.....Auburn and A&M are harder than Miss St and Arky.

LawyerLarry 01-16-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4061501)
Yeah, since Alabama, UGA, and Mizzou couldn't stop that one play, I'm sure SC can.

My point is we know exactly what they're going to do every play. Kind of like when Florida would put Tebow in the game when Chris Leak was starting. If we can't stop them when we know 100% of their playcalling tactics, we don't deserve to win.

GarnetSwarm1990 01-16-2014 06:37 PM

How the team comes out and plays against A&M will tell us a lot about how the season will at least start. They will have a ton of talent, young talent at the skill positions especially. If the team comes out and keeps A&M from running what they want (tempo wise, scheme wise) then I believe we will have a very good chance.

By the time we get to Auburn on the schedule both teams will play completely different from week 1 so there's almost no need to look at Auburn already except for big picture viewing.

I just hope we have some leaders stepping up and getting everyone to work their butt off this off-season and not be complacent.

cockfight21 01-16-2014 06:42 PM

It's the SEC man, you never know what can happen because of the talent level.

bcolinc 01-16-2014 06:49 PM

Best thing about this team going forward is how well they battled and played in the 4th. Or maybe it's how young they are and still got those valuable reps. No back-to-back road games either. Those guys should win 12 this year, if not more. If they don't, I'll still be a huge Cock fan..... <--lol

trapper82 01-16-2014 06:56 PM

Still mad about losing Arkansas on our schedule. I wish we would've fought to keep that alive, they are going to stink for a good 5 years. Every other school b*tches and moans and the SEC gives way.

Also, the last time we played Auburn they were at the top of a downslide, which seems to have lasted until the year before they play us again. No other team in the conference seems to have as high of an upswing when we are supposed to play them than Auburn.

JaxcockFL 01-16-2014 07:00 PM

Kind of funny haw Mizzou is a tough game for us, considering no one would have listed them this time last year. So..potential tough games include Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida, UT, UGA, Mizzou and tater U (non SEC)

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-16-2014 07:24 PM

Opening up with aTm is no cakewalk game

Gamecocks1137 01-16-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4061568)
Opening up with aTm is no cakewalk game

Well no, but they aren't who they have been.

CockyCody 01-16-2014 07:50 PM

:wink:Not sure why we should be overly concerned with A&M. Their D sucked monkey balls all this year and I have absolutely no idea who the back-up to Johnny is or who they will have as a WR. They have as many questions to answer as anyone else. I am sure that they have talent in waiting but I really think we should take care of business with what we have coming back.

JaxcockFL 01-16-2014 07:50 PM

As opposed to us who lost Clowney, Vic, Connor and Bruce.

I imagine they are saying the same thing.

CarolinaGnB521 01-16-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4061405)

It's not the number of plays you run/know, but the execution of plays.