CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Where do you set the over/under for SEC wins this season? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203269)

SECgamecock453 01-17-2014 08:31 PM

Where do you set the over/under for SEC wins this season?

Results will be public.

SECgamecock453 01-17-2014 08:33 PM

Re: Where do you set the over/under for SEC wins this season?

I forgot to post over/under in the poll options so hopefully people will just state what they voted and explain.

M.C. 01-18-2014 02:12 AM

dont see us winning any in conference

Cockhornleghorn 01-18-2014 03:28 AM

I think we'll win 5 conference games.

Biocockanics 01-18-2014 10:53 AM

Feathers 01-18-2014 03:39 PM

ucan'tlickourcocks 01-18-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers (Post 4063322)

Feathers and I are upset there is no option for 7! LOL

Honestly, Had TJ not gotten hurt, I would have voted for seven....... now looking at 4-5......

SECgamecock453 01-18-2014 08:24 PM

You guys' optimism is admirable.. but 7? Really?

Gamecocks1137 01-18-2014 10:14 PM

After today, I don't know if we will win any. Maybe 2.

SECgamecock453 02-08-2014 07:12 PM

Perhaps I was a bit too ambitious voting 2... can't believe some of you wanted a 7 option. Do you see why now!?

beak2 02-08-2014 07:18 PM

So, what is purpose of poll, to continue destruction of the basketball program by its own fans. Martin is trying to build it and fans are tearing it down.
:thumbs:

SECgamecock453 03-08-2014 07:02 PM

No matter how bad things look we are always good for 4-5 SEC wins... just hope we see improvement next season. I was wrong and am here to eat my crow.

markymark550 03-08-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4063111)
I think we'll win 5 conference games.

Nailed it

Cockhornleghorn 03-08-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymark550 (Post 4108237)
Nailed it

I've watched a lot of basketball in my days, lol. I hope I get to see us good in basketball again, while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

b381l 03-08-2014 09:23 PM

are the 12 people that said 3 or under really serious.....I doubt it.

baitandswitch 03-08-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymark550 (Post 4108237)
Nailed it

Only if we lose in the SEC tournament! :thumbsup: Hope you're wrong in other words!

baitandswitch 03-08-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4108242)
I've watched a lot of basketball in my days, lol. I hope I get to see us good in basketball again, while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

Seriously think our team will be leaps and bounds better next season with the addition of Stroman and Blanton. If Sheppard picks us, I really believe he'll see the court early on.

Carolina-Beez 03-09-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitandswitch (Post 4108345)
Seriously think our team will be leaps and bounds better next season with the addition of Stroman and Blanton. If Sheppard picks us, I really believe he'll see the court early on.

We'll certainly have plenty of talent at point and the wing (probably won't see much Brian Steele next season). The post will still be a concern. Kacinas was the only big who showed much progress this season. It's hard to imagine the conference being as down as it was this season, though Florida will definitely not be as good. Could a .500 conference record be a realistic goal? We played pretty well at home this season. If we could hold serve at home next season and maybe steal one or two on the road, why not?

baitandswitch 03-10-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez (Post 4108802)
We'll certainly have plenty of talent at point and the wing (probably won't see much Brian Steele next season). The post will still be a concern. Kacinas was the only big who showed much progress this season. It's hard to imagine the conference being as down as it was this season, though Florida will definitely not be as good. Could a .500 conference record be a realistic goal? We played pretty well at home this season. If we could hold serve at home next season and maybe steal one or two on the road, why not?

I saw an increase in Chatkevicious also. Unless you want to pick and choose the stats, he was up overall as a player. I posted the stats on a thread in the forum not too long ago. Carerra is giving us a big lineup at 3 which i like and they are starting to take advantage of that. Henry and Ringer will have had a year to develop more. I like the way the team is shaping up. Henry in the weight room will make a big difference for him.

Cockhornleghorn 03-10-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitandswitch (Post 4108345)

I think we will be much improved next season. I'll go out on a limb and predict 18 regular season wins in '14-'15 right now. If we add more recruits, I might increase that number.