CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Texas A&M kickoff (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203348)

uscgamecocks88 01-21-2014 12:51 AM

Texas A&M kickoff

I know Wikipedia isn't always reliable but it says the game will kickoff at 7:30

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_So..._football_team

bcolinc 01-21-2014 12:57 AM

Re: Texas A&M kickoff

That would be prime

Carolina4Life 01-21-2014 01:25 AM

Sounds about right if it's a Thursday game.

CarolinaGnB521 01-21-2014 01:25 AM

Well this game is on August 28th, 2014 - which is a Thursday. This guarantees the fact that it will be a night game.

The past few times we opened up the season the games were at the following times:

UNC - 6:00
Vandy - 7:00
Southern Miss - 7:30
NC State - 7:00
NC State - 8:00

So 7:30 sounds like it would fit...

uscsandstorm85 01-21-2014 02:07 AM

I thought we already knew this.

Thenardier 01-21-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4065660)
I thought we already knew this.

We did, some people just missed the memo, apparently.

spareparts 01-21-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4065711)
We did, some people just missed the memo, apparently.

Why are you here?

Quit trying to own something. You're sad enough but when your asscrack starts showing it's embarrassing.

SirBigSpur 01-21-2014 03:56 PM

This game will be great. It'll be "Gameday, the garnet way!"

Gamecocks1137 01-21-2014 03:58 PM

Another Spurrier and ESPN deal I am sure. Prime time college football, first game of the year, on the big stage inside the cockpit. Doesn't get any better than that.

behindenemylines 01-21-2014 04:05 PM

Debut on the New SEC channel so it might be kicked up a little bit than the standard ESPN College Opener.

LawyerLarry 01-21-2014 05:11 PM

I'm going to put my 8-29-14 vacation day (for a hangover) on the office calendar right now.

USCBatgirl21 01-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindenemylines (Post 4066149)
Debut on the New SEC channel so it might be kicked up a little bit than the standard ESPN College Opener.

This. We open the SEC Network football coverage. I thought I saw somewhere that the kick is set for 7pm (maybe on an SEC Network promo commercial), with the SECNation pregame show coming on before.

Carolina4Life 01-21-2014 07:15 PM

Speaking of SEC Network, how is everybody's cable provider going about SEC Network?

Gamecocks1137 01-21-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4066362)
Speaking of SEC Network, how is everybody's cable provider going about SEC Network?

It's not set in stone, but I am pretty sure Direct TV is picking it up nationally. I think I read somewhere it will even be included in the ESPN bundle, or the normal bundle that includes ESPN.

BeatBamaTwice 01-21-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4066377)
It's not set in stone, but I am pretty sure Direct TV is picking it up nationally. I think I read somewhere it will even be included in the ESPN bundle, or the normal bundle that includes ESPN.

Let's hope all South Carolina cable providers see not offering it as a basic service as throat slitting as I for one would change providers in a heartbeat if told I'd no longer be getting Carolina games.

But won't many of our games still be on ESPN?

Also, does anyone know how Coach Spurrier has been able to get us so many Thursday kickoff games through the years? It's almost becoming a national annual kickoff tradition for the nation's eyes to be upon us.

USCBatgirl21 01-21-2014 09:02 PM

HomeSC is getting it in Berkeley County. It will be an upper tier channel, just like the NFL network, FS1, etc. I imagine the same will be true for most cable providers. I don't see most offering it as part of their basic packages.

CarolinaGnB521 01-21-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice (Post 4066385)
Let's hope all South Carolina cable providers see not offering it as a basic service as throat slitting as I for one would change providers in a heartbeat if told I'd no longer be getting Carolina games.

Also, does anyone know how Coach Spurrier has been able to get us so many Thursday kickoff games through the years? It's almost becoming a national annual kickoff tradition for the nation's eyes to be upon us.

AT&T U-Verse is the only cable provider set in stone right now getting it. Comcast and Time Warner are the two companies receiving the most heat to get it right now because, ironically, Texas A&M and South Carolina are those right in the middle of those two companies prime areas.

In the end, though, if Timewarner gets the SEC Network, but does try and make people pay for it (instead of including it with basic cable) you can always threaten to leave Time Warner and they will probably give it to your for free.

Anyone who has TWC and is unhappy with how much they pay, etc. etc. should honestly just call and complain, and threaten to switch providers. They normally always give in by lowering your bill and giving you more channels.

johnnyb 01-21-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice (Post 4066385)

from what I understand they will only be airing one (live) game a week (possibly two a few weeks, one thurs/Fri one sat) they will be airing the ones that would have been the Jefferson pilot/Raycom sports SEC game of the week...most of our games will still be on ESPN/CBS/ABC

highstick 01-21-2014 10:04 PM

LOL...What time will it snow tonight?

Travelin 01-22-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highstick (Post 4066484)
LOL...What time will it snow tonight?

7:45. No, make that 7pm. Err, nah, 7:30 yep, that's it.