CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Black Magic? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203405)

Carolina4Life 01-21-2014 06:46 PM

Black Magic?

Anybody on here ever participated in Black Magic or Voodoo or know of anybody that has? I've heard stories from time to time of people who have. Just curious to hear other stories.

Gamecocks1137 01-21-2014 08:09 PM

Re: Black Magic?

I haven't participated in those two things directly, but I have used a Ouija Board. I will be the first to tell you, that is nothing to mess with. Weird things have always happened to me when I have played with others, and the days following. Not sure if that is somehow linked with Black magic or Voodoo, but it is definitely something you should not get too carried away with. Also, just to weird you out even more, and this is completely true, my DOB was predicted on a Ouija Board my parents were playing with. They threw it out after I was actually born. To this day, it still stumps me as to why it predicted my DOB, but they asked the question.

uscgmck 01-22-2014 12:54 AM

First hand from wife. She has traveled 5 years running to Togo, West Africa each year leading a medical mission trip. Voodoo is NOTHING to mess with. What she has seen is scary as HE**. If I can find the pictures of the idols they place at peoples homes I will post. I am only 2.5 hours from New Orleans, they stories that are told from down I would be careful not to take idly. Best advice don't think about and don't get dragged into it.

Carolina4Life 01-22-2014 11:52 AM

I have no intentions to get involved but was just curious to hear peoples experiences.

Woody7687 01-22-2014 05:45 PM

The only Black Magic I know of is the 1984 Black Magic SC Gamecocks!!

cockalicious 01-22-2014 06:10 PM

Yes I was given a porcelain jump buddy while in Botswana, I later broke it prepping my ruck for an airborne operation and had the worst jump of my life. Leap frogged another jumper all the way to the deck after his chute opened in my face. Dont mess with the stuff!!

Mechanical Cock 01-22-2014 06:25 PM

There is a tribe that is located near Beaufort, SC (Oyotunji Tribe). Visit them if you want.

spareparts 01-22-2014 06:38 PM

I don't know why people should be any more "scared" of another society's religion than they would be of Pentecostals, speaking in tongues, snake handlers, or Benny Hinn's media megachurches.

Or what about Puritans who used to drown people, or modern-day religions who don't believe in giving their children medicine if they get sick?

Or what about that thing on Stairway to Heaven where backwards it says "oh my sweet satan"?

Each society has its share of ways to believe, I have mine, they have theirs

The Yancey 01-22-2014 09:50 PM