CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203417)

The Yancey 01-22-2014 10:48 AM

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

This will be on my list.

Cockadoo 01-22-2014 03:33 PM

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I just recently bought 1 and 2 during the steam sales. I'm going to dive into them soon. Trying to finish Splinter Cell atm. But this looks good and I will probably play this one too.

riceatusc 01-26-2014 06:15 AM

I've played 2 a little bit. might need to beat it and then get this. looks great

FurmanCock 01-29-2014 01:02 PM

I loved Witcher 2. Right up there with Dragon Age.

Cockadoo 01-29-2014 03:42 PM

I'm playing 1 atm. In act 3. It's pretty cool, especially with the hookers and all.

Cockadoo 11-03-2015 07:44 PM

Been playing Witcher 3 for a few days now and all I have to say is... "Damn, this game is good."

EAtMoRTaYtErz 11-03-2015 08:00 PM

Did you get the expansion? It's actually a good bit better than the main game. They said it was supposed to take about 10 hours just for the expansion. 25 hours later I am getting close to the end.

The Yancey 11-03-2015 08:55 PM

Just one of those great games destined to be a classic.

Cockadoo 11-03-2015 09:56 PM

Haven't gotten the expansion, was waiting until I end the main game. Still wondering around Velen at the moment. Just got finished with the Blood Baron quests and I have to say they did a MASTERFUL job with those witches. Everything is good.

Cockadoo 11-03-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz (Post 4567750)
Did you get the expansion? It's actually a good bit better than the main game. They said it was supposed to take about 10 hours just for the expansion. 25 hours later I am getting close to the end.

That's me. I'm a completionist. I have to cover every part of the map including water. It's amazing how many Relics I have found just completely away from anything, no question mark, etc.

Gamecocks1137 11-04-2015 02:58 AM

Yeh I have been playing this on my channel for almost a year it feels like. Youtube.com/vendablebow and yes it is one of the greatest games of all time.

Gamecocks1137 11-04-2015 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4567917)
That's me. I'm a completionist. I have to cover every part of the map including water. It's amazing how many Relics I have found just completely away from anything, no question mark, etc.

try just diving in the ocean off of skellige

WayzUp 11-04-2015 09:12 AM

Picked this up a couple months ago and yes, it's one of the best games out there. I'm also a completionist so I'm sure I'm not even close to the end but I'm enjoying the exploring too much to care.

Question regarding expansions....are those more for after you finish the main storyline or would y'all recommend getting them ASAP? I haven't looked into them at all as I don't want any spoilers...I'm a lil OCD about not looking stuff up for games so as not to spoil it - kind of like 'don't tell me any score updates, I'm recording the game & want to watch it later without knowing who won!" Yea, I'm one o' those. :)

Cockadoo 11-04-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayzUp (Post 4568101)
Picked this up a couple months ago and yes, it's one of the best games out there. I'm also a completionist so I'm sure I'm not even close to the end but I'm enjoying the exploring too much to care.

Question regarding expansions....are those more for after you finish the main storyline or would y'all recommend getting them ASAP? I haven't looked into them at all as I don't want any spoilers...I'm a lil OCD about not looking stuff up for games so as not to spoil it - kind of like 'don't tell me any score updates, I'm recording the game & want to watch it later without knowing who won!" Yea, I'm one o' those. :)

I'm the same way. After reading a little it seems that the expansion is after "end game". I think the armor and weapons are rated higher then what is currently in the original. That's all I know.

EAtMoRTaYtErz 11-05-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4567911)
Haven't gotten the expansion, was waiting until I end the main game. Still wondering around Velen at the moment. Just got finished with the Blood Baron quests and I have to say they did a MASTERFUL job with those witches. Everything is good.

I hear you. I felt the same way. Though if you get the expansion, you can start the game at level 33 with gear and abilities good enough to play it. But I agree. I don't want to do it that way. I had already beaten the game and have done everything except left of a good many treasure chests in the Skellige islands because there are just too many an its all gear weaker than mine. Also I didn't quite finish the fist fighting and horse racing and I just started a New game +, I also added a bunch of mods to make the game even better.

Cockadoo 11-24-2015 09:40 AM

Finally completed it. It took me 24 days of heavy playing. I have to say, by far, the best game I have ever played. It is a masterpiece. I have never watched a cut scene before this game and felt like the characters were real. But The Witcher did really good with the acting and the story line.

EAtMoRTaYtErz 11-24-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4592656)
Finally completed it. It took me 24 days of heavy playing. I have to say, by far, the best game I have ever played. It is a masterpiece. I have never watched a cut scene before this game and felt like the characters were real. But The Witcher did really good with the acting and the story line.

If really like it then get the Hearts of Stone expansion. It's 9 bucks, better than the main game. Shorter but not short. It adds a a lot of area and new locations to your Novigrad map.

EAtMoRTaYtErz 11-24-2015 04:49 PM

GOG.com Sale! Witcher 3 - $29.99. Hearts of Stone = $8.99

https://www.gog.com/

FanofCarolina1 11-24-2015 05:36 PM

I recently bought the game because of this thread. So far I really like it. Granted it's not NCAA 16, but it will suffice.

Cockadoo 11-24-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz (Post 4593227)
GOG.com Sale! Witcher 3 - $29.99. Hearts of Stone = $8.99

https://www.gog.com/

Yeah, that's where I just got the expansion. What's cool is that you can get this on Amazon via GOG, so you can use your amazon gift cards. So ask for that for Christmas.