CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203474)

JohnnyB21 01-23-2014 07:56 PM

Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
I know he is still a douche, but I'm wondering if his tirade after the game was influenced a little by how Crabtree was, you can hear Sherman say "Hell of a game, Hell of a game." with his hand out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

CCC 01-27-2014 12:40 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
I don't blame Sherman for going off on Crabtree....

sc455 01-27-2014 12:48 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
crabtree grabbed his facemask like a punk..very few pictures of that on the net..he also moved his head around.

GarnetBlack&Blue 01-27-2014 12:56 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...

carolina2010 01-27-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
I have no problem with Sherman... He talks to talk but is actually one of the few guys that back it up consistently. I know Crabtree rushed back from the acl injury and will be better than he was this season... But Sherman is the premier corner in the nfl.

Lalli25 01-27-2014 01:48 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue (Post 4071715)
are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...

Best way I heard to think of what Sherman did and judging it on the radio. If your child acted like Sherman, would you be ok with it or would you reprimand them. I, for sure, would be pissed at my kid if it acted like Sherman.

Clemsux182 01-27-2014 01:49 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue (Post 4071715)
are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...

9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV, or a guy who made an amazing play against one of the best WRs in the NFL to send his team to the super bowl, same difference.

Jim Lahey 01-27-2014 01:53 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
You stick a microphone in a guy, who just sent his team to the superbowls, face and are surprised by his actions...? Really? He was pumped up, just made the play of his life and now he's a douchebag... hahaha wow

usc1 01-27-2014 02:08 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4071762)
You stick a microphone in a guy, who just sent his team to the superbowls, face and are surprised by his actions...? Really? He was pumped up, just made the play of his life and now he's a douchebag... hahaha wow


I also can't fault Crabtree. If you just failed to make the play that would've sent your team to the Super Bowl and the biggest trash talker in the NFL (whom you already hate) who made the play comes up to you right after I'd probably have the same reaction Crabtree did.

ccured 01-27-2014 02:11 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
I'm not 100% sure it was sarcasm on Sherman's part. I thought it was but then I heard about him doing the same to Jimmy graham. Before that game Sherman and Graham had to be separated and all most came to blows. After the game he ran right up to Graham and did the same thing. Smacked him on butt and said good game. Jimmy gave him a hug and smacked his helmet and spoke to him.

Jim Lahey 01-27-2014 02:16 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4071777)
I also can't fault Crabtree. If you just failed to make the play that would've sent your team to the Super Bowl and the biggest trash talker in the NFL who made the play comes up to you right after I'd probably have the same reaction Crabtree did.


I agree. Even if he was saying "good game". You still dont want to hear that bs, especially right after you realize you're not going to the super bowl. And Crabtree shoved his facemask.... so what? I don't fault either one of those guys for how they acted.

Harry Cock 01-27-2014 02:16 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Anyone who thinks Richard is a good guy needs to watch his interview on first take with skip bayless. Sherman is a damn goon

Cock Kool-Aid 01-27-2014 02:23 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Yeah, defending Sherman is laughable IMO. For the most part, it's obvious that those who defend Sherman either aren't really familiar with his body of work or they think that great athletes are entitled to behave however they please. The guy is one of the most classless, immature players in the NFL and he has the track record to prove it. Yes, he can be well spoken when he wants to be, but that makes it even worse in my opinion... he should know better. There is no excuse for his behavior- he is truly just an arrogant prick with zero concern for others and a terrible display of sportsmanship... he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he just can't help himself because he thinks he is just so ****ing cool and loves to hear himself talk. I cannot stand the guy.

Jim Lahey 01-27-2014 02:33 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4071793)
Yeah, defending Sherman is laughable IMO. For the most part, it's obvious that those who defend Sherman either aren't really familiar with his body of work or they think that great athletes are entitled to behave however they please. The guy is one of the most classless, immature players in the NFL and he has the track record to prove it. Yes, he can be well spoken when he wants to be, but that makes it even worse in my opinion... he should know better. There is no excuse for his behavior- he is truly just an arrogant prick with zero concern for others and a terrible display of sportsmanship... he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he just can't help himself because he thinks he is just so ****ing cool and loves to hear himself talk. I cannot stand the guy.


You sound like Sherman punched your mother. Or are you a 49er fan?

usc90grad 01-27-2014 02:35 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
I don't think people care about what Sherman said to Crabtree and vice versa on the field. Obviously Sherman was being the good sport, congratulating him and not talking junk. But that doesn't excuse his meltdown on national TV after the game that made him look like an idiot/thug/moron.

Woody7687 01-27-2014 02:38 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 (Post 4068620)
I know he is still a douche, but I'm wondering if his tirade after the game was influenced a little by how Crabtree was, you can hear Sherman say "Hell of a game, Hell of a game." with his hand out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

I don't think he's a douche, I think he's a passionate very talented football player that just made the play to go to the Super Bowl. Are you mad bro? You must be Niner fan. Sherman was trying to be a class act and the real Douche Crabtree was being a little punk. So yeah Crabtree deserved to be called out after the game.

Cock Kool-Aid 01-27-2014 02:39 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4071804)
You sound like Sherman punched your mother. Or are you a 49er fan?

Neither. I just don't like douche bags. Especially a Stanford educated douche bag who chooses to act like a spoiled child.

Cock Kool-Aid 01-27-2014 02:41 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody7687 (Post 4071812)
I don't think he's a douche, I think he's a passionate very talented football player that just made the play to go to the Super Bowl. Are you mad bro? You must be Niner fan. Sherman was trying to be a class act and the real Douche Crabtree was being a little punk. So yeah Crabtree deserved to be called out after the game.

Your argument would make more sense if Sherman didn't behave this way on a regular basis. Again, one of the people defending Sherman who only pay attention to what's happening in the playoffs. Everyone who actually follows NFL closely knows that Sherman's been acting like an asshole on a regular basis for quite some time, not only in the playoffs.

Woody7687 01-27-2014 02:41 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue (Post 4071715)
are you kidding me? Sherman was obviously instigating by sprinting over to crabtree as soon as the game was sealed, not when the game was over, that whole "helluva game" bit was dripping was sarcasm...

I'm not going to call Sherman a thug, because he's not. He's just a huge douchebag who should know better than to act like a cocky 9th grader who beat out a 10th grader for a starting spot on JV...

How is that like a 9th grader vs a 10th grader. Thats two premier athletes who went toe to toe and Sherman won. I guess you didn't like Ali taunting his opponents in the ring as he whooped their ass either. Get over it, its entertainment and fun to watch.

kick_ball 01-27-2014 02:43 PM

Re: Richard Sherman vs. Michael Crabtree
 
people complain when athletes give boring, stock, coach-speak, "party" line interviews... and then complain when a emotional guy who just made a play to send his team to the super bowl gives an actually interesting interview


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.