CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NFL Could Change Date and Time of Super Bowl (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203505)

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-24-2014 07:57 PM

NFL Could Change Date and Time of Super Bowl

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire...23-230228-5461

It's New York in freaking February it freaking SNOWS!!! Football is played in the snow during the playoffs but not the Super Bowl? After this year there is no excuse why Charlotte or any other city that has never hosted a Super Bowl not be allowed to host one.

roosterdude21 01-24-2014 08:06 PM

Re: NFL Could Change Date and Time of Super Bowl

Good bc NY was a terrible idea.

Sir Cuss 01-24-2014 08:09 PM

Not going to happen. People have already relied on the time of the game (travel, rent, hotel, time off work, buying tickets). They would owe so much money to so many people.

JerseyBird 01-24-2014 08:12 PM

Fuggedaboudit! Besides the fact they should play under the prevailing conditions since they made the decision to have it here, moving the date would be a total nightmare of logistics.

Small example - the son of a friend of mine who lives in Buffalo won an NFL Play 60 contest and they're coming in Saturday with all kinds of events and stuff scheduled leading up to the game as well as being on the field for the kickoff. If the date got switched they'd have to rearrange the flight, hotel & all the other stuff. Now multiply that (at least flights & hotels anyway) by however many 10's of thousands of people coming in for the game :thumbs:

crowcutta 01-24-2014 09:12 PM

yeah theres no way they can change it. either go all the way with it under the logic that playoff games are played are sometimes played in freezing/snowy conditions or youre admitting it was a bad idea in the first place. immediately afterwards hes not going to admit defeat, but it will be interesting to see in the preseason if he changes his stance and if not how long before they introduce a non traditional location as a candidate.

cockybusiness2 01-24-2014 09:17 PM

Who was the IDIOT that decided it was a good idea to play it in NY anyway

B-G 01-24-2014 09:19 PM

This was a gift to the Mara family for what they did for the NFL.

Also I don't see it being in Charlotte anytime soon, and I don't believe weather is a reason.

(Oh and the game is actually being held in NJ)

Gamecocks1137 01-24-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4069728)
This was a gift to the Mara family for what they did for the NFL.

Also I don't see it being in Charlotte anytime soon, and I don't believe weather is a reason.

(Oh and the game is actually being held in NJ)

The game will go on, unless of course it is -40 degrees, as it has been across the Northeast and Midwest this year. I don't know how anyone could play in or stand up to watch a game in that kind of harsh weather.

Travelin 01-25-2014 07:31 AM

Ticket prices are way down. Temps are expected to be in the 20, s. I would hate to spend that kind of money to stand in that crap for 4 hours. This super bowl could become a super disaster.

B-G 01-25-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4069747)
The game will go on, unless of course it is -40 degrees, as it has been across the Northeast and Midwest this year. I don't know how anyone could play in or stand up to watch a game in that kind of harsh weather.

They're called football players.

They man up
(It's why you an I aren't ones)

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-25-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4069993)
They're called football players.

They man up
(It's why you an I aren't ones)

Well kickers aren't football players everyone else is.

Spur's Addiction 01-25-2014 06:19 PM

If they change the Super Bowl time date due to weather the NFL has to give up it's man card!

Sent from my 'puter using the interweb!

Kickerspl80 01-25-2014 06:59 PM

Id rather see the team that has the best football team, not the team that plays better in snow

Spurrier_Superior_One 01-25-2014 09:48 PM

So the for the last 3 Super Bowls you had the ticket/stands debacle at Jerryworldland, the Great Taint Power Outage last season, and now the possibility of Super Bowl having the date and/or time changed.

ReadR00ster 01-25-2014 10:12 PM

LLLLLLLadddddiesss ss.... aaaaa aannnndddd dd ddd dd gggeeeenn nnn tttt ttttt lllleee mmm eeeennnn nnnnn. III III gg gggggggg give you Brrrrrrrunnno Marrrrrrzzzzz.........

http://moots.com/wp-content/uploads/...as-Story-2.jpg