CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Basketball Recruits (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   2014 - Adonis Delarosa (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203624)

baitandswitch 01-29-2014 02:33 PM

2014 - Adonis Delarosa

Quote:

1/26/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Adonis Delarosa
per 247 timeline

247 Bio

ESPN bio

Rivals bio

Scout bio]

baitandswitch 01-29-2014 02:36 PM

Re: 2014 - Adonis Delarosa

Reported this guy is 6'10 300 pounds. He has offers from St Johns, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Florida State, Miami, SMU to name a few.

Luke Skycocker 01-29-2014 02:43 PM

I'm guessing that this is one of the 3 guys mentioned in the TBS article?

baitandswitch 01-29-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4073864)
I'm guessing that this is one of the 3 guys mentioned in the TBS article?

He is not a transfer, he's a high school senior from NY. He is a guy that Bill Gunter did not expect them to do much with because he is so heavy. He thought the staff would be looking for another athletic shot blocker. The other guy offered according to Gunter was Shameik Sheppard, a 6'6 slasher. I don't know what the deal is with that because according to his 247 profile, he committed and signed with Towson.

Cockypantherfan 01-29-2014 03:40 PM

Lol those recruiting sites have him listed anywhere from 255-300 lbs.

Cockhornleghorn 01-29-2014 04:37 PM

The Enforcer; I bet he can box out! Also, maybe Frank can yell at him in Spanish and the fans won't rant about a little yelling.

baitandswitch 01-29-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4073907)
Lol those recruiting sites have him listed anywhere from 255-300 lbs.

Yep. The latest thing I've read on him is that he's 300 lbs.

baitandswitch 01-29-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4073961)
The Enforcer; I bet he can box out! Also, maybe Frank can yell at him in Spanish and the fans won't rant about a little yelling.

Frank might not wanna do that or this kid might eat him.

Cockypantherfan 01-29-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitandswitch (Post 4074006)
Frank might not wanna do that or this kid might eat him.

Frank's stare can break anyone's will to cause harm.

USCBASEBALL1 01-29-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitandswitch (Post 4073862)
Reported this guy is 6'10 300 pounds. He has offers from St Johns, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Florida State, Miami, SMU to name a few.

Thats a big ol youngun.

sc455 01-29-2014 06:56 PM

Mitchell carter part deux!!

Gamecock_Aholic 01-29-2014 06:58 PM

get him to 270 and let him rule the low post.

warriorcock 03-19-2014 01:56 PM

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...768/-1/PSPORTS

Martin to visit with Delarosa Tuesday

By Phil Kornblut
http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcsi....W=170&MaxH=350
Adonis Delarosa
Click for larger image
With is season complete, USC coach Frank Martin is hitting the recruiting trail seeking to add one more piece to his class of three for 2014. Tuesday he will be in New York for a visit with 6-11 Adonis Delarosa, and Martin has a good chance at this point of landing the big man.

"He's going to visit there," Delarosa's coach Joe Arbitello said on Monday. "He focused on the state (tournament) right now but he's very interested. Frank Martin has got him interested. He's a really smart kid and he knows about every program (that's recruiting him). Frank has been known to coach big New York City guys. He knows the mentality and he knows the game."

Delarosa has come on this season to become one of the better players available for the spring signing period. His coach said he will also visit Miami, Pittsburgh and Rutgers. He does not have a favorite and won't determine one until after his visits.

Delarosa led his team to a New York City championship earlier this month. He's averaging 14 points and 11 rebounds per game this season.

"His basketball IQ is off the chart," Arbitello said. "He leads us in charges. He has great hands and feet and is a really good passer. And he has really good post up moves."

Roosterboy 03-20-2014 02:35 PM

It is clear, Martin is trying to bring in physical players...Duane Notice, Thornwell, Johnson, Sheppard...guys that aren't afraid of a little contact.

USC-Hokie 03-20-2014 02:40 PM

Athletically, he's a Chatkevicius clone. Has a really long wing span and better feet than Chat but he's just as slow/can jump just as high. At 6'11 he doesn't even take the jump ball for his team. On free throws they send him back just to get set on D. Looks to be a good rebounder as his first look is always over his shoulder to find a body. If anything, Frank will love that about him.

ipull4usc 03-21-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4117478)
It is clear, Martin is trying to bring in physical players...Duane Notice, Thornwell, Johnson, Sheppard...guys that aren't afraid of a little contact.

I'd like some physical players who play in the post. Until we upgrade the post significantly, we won't even be an NIT team.

USC-Hokie 03-21-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4118258)
I'd like some physical players who play in the post. Until we upgrade the post significantly, we won't even be an NIT team.

Disagree with this. I think Martin's latest interview touched on it best, these Freshman came in and didn't know what they were getting themselves into. When Bruce played his two weeks the lights went on. They now know what to expect and will get an off season in a real weight room and working with real coaches.

We are not far from the NIT which honestly at this point, should be our goal. We need a winning season. If you ask me the last two years, we overachieved. Last year we had a team of players that truly should have been playing at mid to low major teams. They simply weren't good enough for this level. Even with that we got 14 wins! This year we have a team full of Freshman and Sophomores and we still got 14 wins.

We aren't far, it's a process. I know for a fact Martin's recruiting plan is to recruit tough kids both physically and mentally. His first year here we were soft and now all of those players are gone. Do we have players of Kentucky's caliber, no, but the players we have aren't afraid of Kentucky and are improving game-by-game.

Roosterboy 03-21-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4118258)

Agree.
We need some beef downlow...that is where UT killed us in the SEC tournament...on the glass.
Maybe Henry can develop into the low-post threat, but right now Henry feels like a big wing player.

CT Investments 03-21-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4118283)
Agree.
We need some beef downlow...that is where UT killed us in the SEC tournament...on the glass.
Maybe Henry can develop into the low-post threat, but right now Henry feels like a big wing player.

We have enough beef down low right now on paper with 6'9" 260 Ringer, 6'11" 255 LChat and 6'9" 220 Henry. They're all just either too young or not talented enough.

Ace Dilcock 03-22-2014 10:38 AM

I personally think the NIT is a low goal for next year. The way we played the last ten games of the season, we should be a minimum 20 game winner next year. That is only an improvement of 6 games, so not much of a reach. That would make us a bubble team at the very least. So - hopefully NCAA next year, then we make some noise in the tourney in two years as a veteran team with a high seed.

If we are going after Delarosa, that tells me that we are losing a big man - likely Ringer. Ringer was supposed to be physically ready to play this year but he did not do much. Not much upside there. Henry underachieved also and has to learn how to shoot before he can be a player, but he was more highly rated and comes from an area that Martin wants to recruit hard. Martin will give him another chance next year. I think that Henry got PT at the expense of Chat this year because Martin wanted to keep Henry's confidence up and he wanted to send a message that he will play first year kids. Next year, Henry needs to step it up or he will lose PT to Chat and Delarosa. Henry could also give us some size at PF if we want to go big.