CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Marcus Lattimore Documentary? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203681)

BlueHerons 01-31-2014 03:15 PM

Marcus Lattimore Documentary?

Didn't someone say that at one time someone was shooting a Marcus Lattimore documentary about his college career, injuries, and draft?

Thanks!

CockyLifer 01-31-2014 10:42 PM

Re: Marcus Lattimore Documentary?

Not sure I just think a documentary would be premature at this stage because his story has not been completely written yet.

Sir Cuss 01-31-2014 10:55 PM

He said "documentary about his college career, injury, and draft," which are all complete. He didn't say posthumous biopic.

boowilliam4 01-31-2014 11:20 PM

Might have a 30 for 30 about him in a few years.

CockyLifer 01-31-2014 11:49 PM

Considering we can all recount that in about 5 minutes not sure what the point is at this stage just saying.

Sir Cuss 02-01-2014 12:26 AM

Commaagain?

Probably because the story is interesting and inspirational sorry you dont feel the same way i think his story is a wonderful one that should be shared sorry.

usc90grad 02-01-2014 11:05 AM

Love how someone asks an honest question and people jump all over them with wise ass comments.

SMH

Sir Cuss 02-01-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4076345)
Love how someone asks an honest question and people jump all over them with wise ass comments.

SMH

Pretty sure only one person "jumped all over" the OP.

KaneisAble 02-01-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4076189)
Considering we can all recount that in about 5 minutes not sure what the point is at this stage just saying.

We could recount some of the greatest lives ever lived in two sentences. "Born, WWII hero, elected President, shot and killed in Dallas. CHECK PLEASE." - Your version of JFK's bio.

Marcus' story is already incredibly inspirational and a documentary showing his journey from top ranked recruit to freshman sensation to the recovery from first injury only to be injured AGAIN (and have actual conversations from doctors in the media as to if his leg would need to be amputated) to find the fortitude to comeback and be drafted by one of the best teams in the NFL?

Yeah, I'd watch that. I also agree that there is a lot of his story yet to be written, but you've got plenty there for a 90 minute documentary. Go watch Hoop Dreams and tell me Marcus' story wouldn't be equally compelling.

uscsandstorm85 02-01-2014 11:10 PM

I would watch it.

johnmcclane 02-02-2014 04:31 PM

my buddy (who is a remarkably skilled filmmaker) called "dibs" in his circles on doing a 30 for 30 on Marcus after he's the leading rusher of a super bowl winning 49ers team.

BlueHerons 02-03-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmcclane (Post 4077172)
my buddy (who is a remarkably skilled filmmaker) called "dibs" in his circles on doing a 30 for 30 on Marcus after he's the leading rusher of a super bowl winning 49ers team.

Thanks.

I just thought someone was already shooting this. The good footage from his draft?

Thanks guys, appreciate the info.

markp_vip 02-04-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneisAble (Post 4076472)
We could recount some of the greatest lives ever lived in two sentences. "Born, WWII hero, elected President, shot and killed in Dallas. CHECK PLEASE." - Your version of JFK's bio.

Marcus' story is already incredibly inspirational and a documentary showing his journey from top ranked recruit to freshman sensation to the recovery from first injury only to be injured AGAIN (and have actual conversations from doctors in the media as to if his leg would need to be amputated) to find the fortitude to comeback and be drafted by one of the best teams in the NFL?

Yeah, I'd watch that. I also agree that there is a lot of his story yet to be written, but you've got plenty there for a 90 minute documentary. Go watch Hoop Dreams and tell me Marcus' story wouldn't be equally compelling.

Great documentary too bad these guys didn't amount to more in college, but makes a great point about how nothing is guaranteed in life and sports. William Gates' son is actually playing hoops at Furman now.

Lonnie 02-04-2014 03:08 PM

Here's a start.... ;)

http://www.wspa.com/story/24621957/m...-in-the-studio