CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Conner Shaw had to love this (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203727)

Goofyboy 02-03-2014 12:10 AM

Conner Shaw had to love this

performance by an under-height, dual threat quarterback who protects the ball.

ACPhilson 02-03-2014 12:24 AM

Re: Conner Shaw had to love this

It should be an inspiration to him. I think Shaw will get drafted. Someone with some smarts will see he is a baller.

CarolinaGnB521 02-03-2014 12:33 AM

I think Russell Wilson is the most over used comparison to Connor Shaw there is. The only thing they are similar in is body size, and the fact that they both take care of the ball. Connor Shaw was way more of a runner than Russell Wilson was in college, and Russell Wilson simply was a better passer.

I'm sure that people will take that like I just insulted Jesus..

Sonofacock 02-03-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4077772)
I think Russell Wilson is the most over used comparison to Connor Shaw there is. The only thing they are similar in is body size, and the fact that they both take care of the ball. Connor Shaw was way more of a runner than Russell Wilson was in college, and Russell Wilson simply was a better passer.

Connor Shaw is bigger than Jesus, and the Beatles?

Sir Cuss 02-03-2014 12:54 AM

Interesting article here.

B-G 02-03-2014 01:05 AM

Who that?

Regalcock 02-03-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

I agree. Russell has a cannon.

SanAntonioCock 02-03-2014 01:34 AM

NFL is somewhat of a copycat league. I now beleive Connor gets drafted 4th to 7th round.

sporkgod50 02-03-2014 02:30 AM

Quote:

hating jesus will get you banned on this site buddy.

gamecock88 02-03-2014 08:32 AM

Connor good

TKE226 02-03-2014 09:07 AM

If RW wasn't in the Super Bowl, would comparisons still be made?

crowcutta 02-03-2014 09:23 AM

comparisons were made before the super bowl. no comparison is perfect, but transitioning to the nfl its the best case scenario comparison out of the gate because of the similar size and mobility.

CaptainCock91 02-03-2014 09:48 AM

Connor*

GregoryHouse 02-03-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyboy (Post 4077745)
performance by an under-height, dual threat quarterback who protects the ball.

Also things he can take heart in:

- Malcolm Smith was drafted in the 7th round of the draft and won Super Bowl MVP

- Akeem Auguste, Sidney Rice and Lemeul Jeanpierre are three Gamecocks who are now Super Bowl Champions

- Most of all, Tavaris Jackson is an NFL Quarterback...so I think Connor Shaw can at least beat out Jackson for a back up spot to Russell Wilson. My point is I think he is better that Jackson so he could be a back up to a quarterback with similar skills (as far as RW goes).

U-Dub Gamecock 02-03-2014 10:16 AM

Would not be surprised to see Shaw get drafted by the Seahawks in the 4th/5th round. And yes, he is better than Tavares Jackson.

Gamecocks1137 02-03-2014 01:08 PM

Let's just be honest here, they won that game because their defense played incredibly. Russell had a good game by not turning the ball over, but their defense is the reason they won.

treys1986 02-03-2014 01:53 PM

I bet Connor Shaw loved it too.

Flameout12 02-03-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4078014)
Let's just be honest here, they won that game because their defense played incredibly. Russell had a good game by not turning the ball over, but their defense is the reason they won.

Which is a winning formula we've used for most of the past 3 seasons. And they were not expecting Wilson to try and win the game, just do your part and let the defense make something happen.

In some ways, I can see lots of similarities....however, it helps to have a defense like Seattle and a Percy Harvin.

Kazak 02-03-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4077916)
Would not be surprised to see Shaw get drafted by the Seahawks in the 4th/5th round. And yes, he is better than Tavares Jackson.

Reportedly, Shaw had a lengthy conversation with the GM of Seattle during his week of NFLPA practice. This is definitely a possibility.

crowcutta 02-03-2014 04:08 PM

it wasnt just him not turning the ball over. him extending plays to get them scores to push that lead from 2 to 5 to 8 to 15 and then the defense and special teams broke denver's back with the next two touchdowns.

its similar to the way i dont think connor is just a game manager either. connor makes way too many plays on his own to be just labeled a game manager.