CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Dylan Farrow Describes being Sexually Molested as a Child by Woody Allen (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203737)

usc90grad 02-03-2014 01:07 PM

Dylan Farrow Describes being Sexually Molested as a Child by Woody Allen

The rumors about Woody Allen have always been out there. If this is true, I hope he burns in hell.

This is very difficult to read.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0

ScottK 02-03-2014 02:07 PM

Dylan Farrow Describes being Sexually Molested as a Child by Woody Allen

Hmm he married his adopted step daughter... I don't think it's much of a stretch that he molested his other adopted daughter.

gAmkok 02-03-2014 09:44 PM

Re: Dylan Farrow Describes being Sexually Molested as a Child by Woody Allen

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4078012)
The rumors about Woody Allen have always been out there. If this is true, I hope he burns in hell.

This is very difficult to read.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0

Seems true. I hope she finds peace.

cockyjordan3 02-03-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4078073)
Hmm he married his adopted step daughter... I don't think it's much of a stretch that he molested his other adopted daughter.

He married his girlfriend's step daughter. Not his own.

I'm not sure if the molestation really happened, but this would definitely be tough to make up. Awful.

2000grad 02-03-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 (Post 4078571)

I'm not sure if the molestation really happened, but this would definitely be tough to make up. Awful.

Why would you doubt her?

cockyjordan3 02-03-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4078572)
Why would you doubt her?

Well there's obviously been a lot of talk about this over the years. Dr's didn't find evidence of molestation, the allegations came during a time when they were in a huge custody battle (odd timing), etc.

I'm not trying to blame the witness or anything though. Like I said, this letter is pretty damning.

Acockolypse Now 02-03-2014 11:28 PM

Monster.

2000grad 02-03-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 (Post 4078575)
Well there's obviously been a lot of talk about this over the years. Dr's didn't find evidence of molestation, the allegations came during a time when they were in a huge custody battle (odd timing), etc.

I'm not trying to blame the witness or anything though. Like I said, this letter is pretty damning.

I've listened to YEARS of testimony on matters of this nature. I've read court transcripts of this for years as well. There doesn't have to be penetration for molestation to happen. Stuff like this happens for years and many times is never reported because someone is afraid they will rock a boat or a child is told to keep it a secret, etc.

When a child goes through something like this, it messes them up for years or life. The recovery can be next to impossible depending on the age of the child at the time it happened.

Regarding Allen and his stellar record over the years, I wouldn't doubt her off the bat

SterlingBrooks 02-04-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Why would you doubt her?

Money

2000grad 02-04-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks (Post 4078723)
Money

Oh boy...30 years after it happened?

robgusc76 02-04-2014 12:27 AM

Didnt take long for a response:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/showbi...farrow-letter/

b381l 02-04-2014 01:06 AM

There's no reason or benefit to her for lying about this now.

Metalrush24 02-04-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Why would you doubt her?

While this video is obviously a media outlet "review" and rather old, the idea of the suggestibility of children is not a new one, and could lead to a lifetime of misconstrued stories, as I'm sure you know. I'm not saying that Farrow is making it up at all, because children get molested, it's not a fairy-tale or a case of misunderstanding the majority of the time. However, they should always be questioned and investigated to the proper extent. Could Allen have done all these claims? Absolutely, but just accepting it at face value is unwise.

Not really speaking against you, just adding an aspect to the conversation.

GamecockUltimate 02-04-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Why would you doubt her?

Innocent until proven guilty, I mean I know she might be right, but you can't damn a guy because one person says something. If he did do it, I hope it gets brought to light, but he and God know the truth, we don't we can only choose sides at this point

carolinafan53186 02-04-2014 09:03 AM

Don't forget she wasn't the last child he went after

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

ScottK 02-04-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 (Post 4078571)

I was thinking that she was his wife's adopted daughter. Either way, I'm not seeing much of a difference lol

2000grad 02-04-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalrush24 (Post 4078766)

While this video is obviously a media outlet "review" and rather old, the idea of the suggestibility of children is not a new one, and could lead to a lifetime of misconstrued stories, as I'm sure you know. I'm not saying that Farrow is making it up at all, because children get molested, it's not a fairy-tale or a case of misunderstanding the majority of the time. However, they should always be questioned and investigated to the proper extent. Could Allen have done all these claims? Absolutely, but just accepting it at face value is unwise.

Not really speaking against you, just adding an aspect to the conversation.

I understand what you are saying, but that type of "You believe in Santa Claus, don't you?" stuff is not allowed by the judge in the most courtrooms. Very few times are the victims put on the stand for reasons of this nature.

2000grad 02-04-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4078810)
Innocent until proven guilty, I mean I know she might be right, but you can't damn a guy because one person says something. If he did do it, I hope it gets brought to light, but he and God know the truth, we don't we can only choose sides at this point

Has he been arrested or charged with a crime? Until then, there is no innocent until proven guilty stuff.

I have a good teacher friend who had a female student accuse him of something proposterous. It was really bad. I never doubted him because of his character. The matter was cleared up quickly and favorably to him, which was the truth. Woody Allen has no such stellar character. That is why they allow character witnesses in the courtroom.

I asked about why doubt her...sounds more like you are doubting him.

A-Cluckwork-Orange 02-04-2014 01:17 PM

Did anybody else think of Match Point? SPOILER ALERT (white text)- Ironically, the protaganist in that movie gets away with murder and has to live with the guilt. And yes, it is my favorite Woody Allen movie.

ccured 02-05-2014 10:04 PM

Her brother has responded. He is a therapist. He says it never happened. That his sister loved spending time with Woody Allen until his mother concocted the story. He also says Mia Farrow was the abusive parent.
http://gma.yahoo.com/dylan-farrow-39...lebrities.html