CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   16 days from now... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203742)

Thundercocks- Ho! 02-03-2014 04:41 PM

16 days from now...

the NFL combine begins. I am looking forward to seeing what Clowney does for two reasons. One, because he has personally stated that he is going to prove the hype is legitimate. Two, this probably will be the last time he ever clocks a 40 or logs his vertical or bench press. He reminds me of Bo Jackson in the sense that both are physical freaks of nature, and they only come around once every 20 years or so. I would have loved seeing Bo compete in these drills in his prime. I don't intend to miss out on Clowney. Here's to hoping he shatters the record books!

Gamecocks1137 02-03-2014 04:45 PM

Re: 16 days from now...

I am looking forward to it as well. Not only to see Clowney, but to see what Shaw does for the scouts.

Thundercocks- Ho! 02-03-2014 05:11 PM

I think there will be a buzz around Shaw and he will continue to garner praise from the critics. He should get drafted between the 4th and 6th round.

lillianhofstader 02-04-2014 08:09 AM

I am only looking forward for Clowney..lol

Legalman72 02-04-2014 08:33 AM

I doubt Clowney benches. In fact, if his feet/health aren't perfect, he may not run. He has very little to prove, despite lackluster stats last year. I'm certain many teams covet him regardless.

Thundercocks- Ho! 02-04-2014 09:33 AM

He has already stated that he is going to perform every event. So unless he has a change of heart... I think this is an attempt at his agents advice to enter the draft with a lot of positivity. Critics have been spending a lot of time questioning his effort and attitude in the last 6 months. It would be much better to have people marvel over his physical abilities going into the draft. We know he is a physical freak, but a lot of people will not believe the reported 40 unless it is at the combine. Darrel Scott has been clocked anywhere from a 4.4 to 4.7. Doubters will believe the 4.7, others won't. If Clowney runs a laser timed 4.5 and benches 30 or more reps its all people will be talking about.

Legalman72 02-04-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! (Post 4078861)
He has already stated that he is going to perform every event. So unless he has a change of heart... I think this is an attempt at his agents advice to enter the draft with a lot of positivity. Critics have been spending a lot of time questioning his effort and attitude in the last 6 months. It would be much better to have people marvel over his physical abilities going into the draft. We know he is a physical freak, but a lot of people will not believe the reported 40 unless it is at the combine. Darrel Scott has been clocked anywhere from a 4.4 to 4.7. Doubters will believe the 4.7, others won't. If Clowney runs a laser timed 4.5 and benches 30 or more reps its all people will be talking about.

He definitely said that, and I'm sure he meant it. Bus Cook is a brilliant agent. They're doing private runs, workouts, etc. If he doesn't measure up to expectations in the private sessions, he won't do the event.

I hope Clowney does all of them but Bus Cook won't leave anything to chance. He's a calculating genius and he won't allow Clowney to look bad.

Thundercocks- Ho! 02-04-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legalman72 (Post 4078965)
He definitely said that, and I'm sure he meant it. Bus Cook is a brilliant agent. They're doing private runs, workouts, etc. If he doesn't measure up to expectations in the private sessions, he won't do the event.

I hope Clowney does all of them but Bus Cook won't leave anything to chance. He's a calculating genius and he won't allow Clowney to look bad.

Agree 100%. I don't see Clowney dropping past the Falcons even if he doesn't compete in the Combine. But if he does things no one has ever done before I could see the pressure to take him at #1 too much for the Texans to pass on him.