CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   PS4 headset advice (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203772)

BigSpenda864 02-04-2014 07:37 PM

PS4 headset advice

We have been through the headset questions at length for the PS3. What about the PS4?

My PS3 finally seems to have died for good. I am about to get a PS4 but like to play wearing a headset. I have always used Turtle Beach headsets for my PS3 but have been through several sets as they do not hold up very well to normal wear and tear. I will likely not get a TB headset this go round.

I saw the Astro A50 (I think that's the designation) which are wireless and look to be high quality and more durable than the TB. They also cost almost $300 for the top of the line version. The next lower down model is still a hefty $250 or so.

Now I see Sony is saying their Pulse, Pulse Elite, etc. will work for the PS4 with a software update. The price on the Pulse headsets is much easier to stomach, coming in under $150 from what I see.

Ok guys, what's you all's opinions on the available headsets out there?

The Yancey 02-04-2014 10:59 PM

Re: PS4 headset advice

This one? http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ource=facebook

( CAROLINA ) 02-04-2014 11:16 PM

I've had my TB's for about 3.5 years. They're my favorite. Don't get Afterglow, they look good, but are made cheap.

Gamecock_Aholic 02-05-2014 12:00 AM

I have some Astro A40s and I love them. I don't know if or when they'll make them for PS4, but that's what i'd recommend in a heartbeat.

usc_yogi 02-05-2014 02:11 PM

Good question. Sorry to hear about the PS3. I am on my second pair of TBs for the PS3 and this pair is starting to have the same problem my first problem did-audio loss in the right ear cup. I sent my original pair back over year after I got them and they replaced them my current pair that were brand new. As I said the audio loss is happening again, but I have been able to manipulate the wire the past couple of nights to regain audio.

I don't think I will be going with TBs when I get my PS4. I would like some Astros since people seem to like them, but I don't know if I will be willing to fork out that much money. I was looking at the Sony Pulse Elites myself since they have been updated now to work on the PS4.

BigSpenda864 02-05-2014 03:04 PM

Yogi, I hope you hurry and get over tomorrow the ps4. I held out a long time but I don't want to get my ps3 reflowed AGAIN. I hate not having anyone to play online with. Berry and I will be all alone.

Berry uses a Pulse headset and likes it. I'll try it and then decide if I want Astros if the Pulse doesn't work out.

usc_yogi 02-05-2014 04:46 PM

I have to wait until May when I get my baseball check before I can even think about getting the PS4. I will let you bet he guinea pig with the headsets then. Amazon has the Pulse Elite for $115, but the reviews say that the charge is no where near as advertised. My TBs have always been wired so I don't if I can deal with having to charge a headset constantly.

Spurred 02-05-2014 07:49 PM

I have the tb px4. I really like it so far.

BigSpenda864 02-06-2014 05:34 PM

I picked up the Pulse Elite headset with my PS4 and will let you know how they work out. My first impression is they seem more durable than the several different Turtle Beach headsets I have owned.

usc_yogi 04-24-2014 11:02 AM

You still around Spenda? Any report on the Elites? My TB's have finally broke enough where I don't want to even play with them anymore. I am thinking of getting the Sony Gold Headset.

Cockadoo 04-28-2014 12:01 AM

Using Astro A50 wireless and they are awesome, best set I've had. I've used Tritons but the headset cracked. I had 3 sets of TBs and they all have went to crap. First set the earpiece broke off, the second set the speaker went out, my third was the Sevens Championship edition and they worked good but the dongle on the chord got really irritating and I could hear it always scratching against my shirt while playing because the sound would travel through the chord into the headset. So I went to the A50s and haven't looked back. No wires and good battery life. The sound is amazing and they are capable of 7.1.

usc_yogi 04-28-2014 10:00 AM

I would like to get the Astros, but I just can't get myself to spend that much. I ended up with the Sony Gold Headset. They seem to be a lot better constructed than my old TB headsets, but time will tell I guess. I like it so far, but I've only used it for about 2 1/2 hours.

Cockadoo 04-28-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4145008)
I would like to get the Astros, but I just can't get myself to spend that much. I ended up with the Sony Gold Headset. They seem to be a lot better constructed than my old TB headsets, but time will tell I guess. I like it so far, but I've only used it for about 2 1/2 hours.

Yeah, they are expensive. But if you total up the amount I spent on lesser headphones, it far surpass' what I spent on the Astros.