CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Winter workouts (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203810)

GarnetSwarm1990 02-05-2014 07:47 PM

Winter workouts

Not sure this deserves it's own thread but I was just wondering if the team is going through winter workout's yet? If so, when does the video come out? I loved the last 2 years video's.

CarolinaGnB521 02-05-2014 08:39 PM

Re: Winter workouts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 (Post 4081165)
Not sure this deserves it's own thread but I was just wondering if the team is going through winter workout's yet? If so, when does the video come out? I loved the last 2 years video's.

Winter Workouts have either already started or about to kick up within the week. I am 99.99% sure they've started already. The video is a production of GamecocksOnline, so they probably won't release it until the final workout is complete. If I'm not mistaken there are 5 weeks of winter workouts, then a couple weeks of break, then spring practice. Typically our spring practice starts about the week before Spring Break, which is March 9th-March 16th.

A complete guess would say that the video is released a few weeks after the final workout, and spring practice begins around March 5th~. If that information is released already I guess I'm just behind.

Take-a-Knee 02-05-2014 08:41 PM

Hope they're in better shape this year !!!

Gamecocks1137 02-05-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4081208)
Winter Workouts have either already started or about to kick up within the week. I am 99.99% sure they've started already. The video is a production of GamecocksOnline, so they probably won't release it until the final workout is complete. If I'm not mistaken there are 5 weeks of winter workouts, then a couple weeks of break, then spring practice. Typically our spring practice starts about the week before Spring Break, which is March 9th-March 16th.

A complete guess would say that the video is released a few weeks after the final workout, and spring practice begins around March 5th~. If that information is released already I guess I'm just behind.

March 4th, but you were pretty close.

GarnetSwarm1990 02-05-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 (Post 4081208)

Awesome thanks for the info.

uscsandstorm85 02-06-2014 02:22 AM

Spring football is in three and a half weeks!

CockyInGA 02-06-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4081633)
Spring football is in three and a half weeks!

And then it's REALLY the offseason :(

EveryThingGreen 02-06-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4081211)

How did the team do in the 4th quarter this year?

People think our team was out of shape because ESPN would show a few players with their hands on their hips at times.

However, we did quite well in the 2nd half of games as well as the 4th quarter.

That doesn't happen if the team is not in good shape

rosstheboss 02-06-2014 03:54 PM

well IMO at the beginning of the year we were terrible in the 2nd half of games...could have been out of shape, could have been inexperience...the 2nd part of the year we dominated the 2nd half. remember how we got dominated in the uga, vandy, uk 4th quarters?

AmonRa777 02-06-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4082068)
well IMO at the beginning of the year we were terrible in the 2nd half of games...could have been out of shape, could have been inexperience...the 2nd part of the year we dominated the 2nd half. remember how we got dominated in the uga, vandy, uk 4th quarters?

We got better as our linebackers got more experienced...Team was not out of shape.....

tpep 02-06-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4081211)

out of position- yes out of shape- no

толстый Cock 02-06-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen (Post 4082056)
How did the team do in the 4th quarter this year?

People think our team was out of shape because ESPN would show a few players with their hands on their hips at times.

However, we did quite well in the 2nd half of games as well as the 4th quarter.

That doesn't happen if the team is not in good shape

Yeah, that crap started in the unc game when they kept sayin Clowney was tired because he had his hands on his hips, after that every time one of our players put their hands on their hips they would bring it up. What was funny was at times they would say the USC defense was tired (cause their hands were on their hips) while showing them standing beside an opposing O-lineman that had his hands on his hip too..... but they ignored that.

Take-a-Knee 02-06-2014 06:47 PM

I feel like the 2012 team was in better shape , Connor and our O bailed us out 2013 with time consuming drives to help out our D .. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give our 2013 "D" a 5 on being in tip-top shape ..

Gamecocks1137 02-06-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4082208)
I feel like the 2012 team was in better shape , Connor and our O bailed us out 2013 with time consuming drives to help out our D .. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give our 2013 "D" a 5 on being in tip-top shape ..

Well, then you'd be wrong.

Take-a-Knee 02-06-2014 06:52 PM

Matter of opinion I guess

CockFighter 02-12-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4082208)

I think the D line was in better shape under Lawing. He used to really push players a lot harder and he had a lot of respect in the SEC. He was pretty hard on stars like Clowney, Taylor, MI6. A new coach always has to earn the respect of existing players especially when they are used battle tested methods of the previous coach.

JoeMorrisonLives 02-12-2014 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4082068)

Vandy and UK happened because people were thinking we already won.

sporkgod50 02-12-2014 04:02 AM

anyone got our fourth quarter defensive statistics from this year vs last year. i could settle the discussion for just about everyone (aside from those that can't understand math and resort to rediculous statements like I know what I saw, etc)

crowcutta 02-12-2014 05:00 AM

i think our problems were as much guys learning how to play and how to play together as much as anything else. after that kentucky 4th quarter disaster we didnt give up more than 10 points in the 2nd half of any game (wisconsin). we had a big back and forth in multiple threads this season, but you cant put it all on the defense in the games where the defense faltered. special teams and the offense put them in a bind.

georgia game the running game and no huddle gave us trouble in the 1st half, the 2nd half we got them in some obvious passing situations but we couldnt stop them on the 3rd and longs. them running out the clock is what sticks in everyone's mind, but it was their playaction pass on 2nd and 9 on their 2 yard line that drive that broke our backs. vandy game we were in control until they went to the wildcat in the 2nd half and we had no answer for it. kentucky and ucf were the same thing, db's and lb's getting out of position vs the pass.

as far as 2012 vs 2013, in 2012 we gave up 20+ points in the 2nd half of 3 straight games vs lsu, fla, and tennessee, then 15 vs michigan in the bowl game. last 8 games of 2013, the 10 pts wisconsin scored was the only time we gave up more than 7. the 2012 offenses we faced were better, so really we go back and forth in circles about this.

LegalCock 02-12-2014 09:29 AM

I personally didn't think we were in the best of shape this season, esp on the DL. Sutton and Quarles were sucking wind a lot too and Clowney is the only one who had good cause since he was running 30 yards across the field to tackle guys after sutton got pancaked on almost every play.