CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203812)

c0ckkn0cker 02-05-2014 08:14 PM

Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class?

I think Green and Sawyer will see the field early and often. DB and DE positions are wide open. I think BAW will be a stud on ST but it'll be hard for him to displace Skai who was great last year. It'll be interesting to see how they get him on the field. Thoughts?

snoopcockycock 02-05-2014 09:04 PM

Re: Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class?

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0ckkn0cker (Post 4081186)
I think Green and Sawyer will see the field early and often. DB and DE positions are wide open. I think BAW will be a stud on ST but it'll be hard for him to displace Skai who was great last year. It'll be interesting to see how they get him on the field. Thoughts?

sorry, but i doubt sawyer will even be in school. i do agree on green, but will add smith and lammons to that list as well. thomas and allen williams will also get their shots.

PageUSC 02-05-2014 09:05 PM

Green and Lammons for sure in 2 deep at CB. Lammons as a returner.

Lamin in 2 deep.

Crosby as H-Back.

BAW on special teams and possibly 2 deep.

And Thomas especially if he can get into school. He is the most ready!

I expect most of the Offensive guys to Redshirt.

rrsandersjr 02-05-2014 11:52 PM

I wish that people would stop speculating on our signees' eligibility. According to the player and his coach, he will qualify and any speculation from people that have no direct access to their transcripts serves no good purpose.

henmania 02-06-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4081231)
Green and Lammons for sure in 2 deep at CB. Lammons as a returner.

Lamin in 2 deep.

Crosby as H-Back.

BAW on special teams and possibly 2 deep.

And Thomas especially if he can get into school. He is the most ready!

I expect most of the Offensive guys to Redshirt.

I saw both Green and DJ play this year in GA. DJ was the better DB. Saw him play corner and safety and he had better cover skills and run support skills.

henmania 02-06-2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsandersjr (Post 4081526)
I wish that people would stop speculating on our signees' eligibility. According to the player and his coach, he will qualify and any speculation from people that have no direct access to their transcripts serves no good purpose.

I agree. And assuming Sawyer gets in, he will be the biggest impact freshman we have. I think Lamin will be the biggest impact player but he's not a freshman.

uscsandstorm85 02-06-2014 02:29 AM

We need those corners to step up.

Acockolypse Now 02-06-2014 02:45 AM

Expect a similar trajectory for our corners next year as our LB this year. They'll probably look a little lost at the beginning of the year but I expect them to be playing at a high level towards the end.

Not great news when opening with ATM, but at least it isn't Johnny Football slinging it around.

NinjaSven 02-06-2014 04:27 AM

I'm looking forward to this class. I am hoping to see some kind of potential at the DB and CB slots. These positions might be our crutches in the early part of the year, which is not great considering whom we play early on.

sc455 02-06-2014 09:38 AM

Doobie, lamin and the corners.

Order 66 02-06-2014 10:23 AM

BAW will make an impact at lb. We still have room to improve there. I can't see us starting 2 freshmen cb's but who knows. I see all the guys who make it in on DL getting pt. Shaw will be hard to keep off the field.

ReadR00ster 02-06-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4081737)
BAW will make an impact at lb. We still have room to improve there. I can't see us starting 2 freshmen cb's but who knows. I see all the guys who make it in on DL getting pt. Shaw will be hard to keep off the field.

He's got Moore in front of him so I think we use BAW in specific situations. On passing downs maybe move Moore to MLB and have him drop back in coverage and bring BAW as a 5th rusher.

Order 66 02-06-2014 10:42 AM

I would love to find a guy to push Golightly at spur.

MWard 02-06-2014 11:28 AM

Green, Lammons or Smith (I think at least 2 of 3 make the 2 Deep and might even start.)
Lamin and Thomas on the DL

GarnetnBad 02-06-2014 11:42 AM

Smith, Green, Lammons, and BAW all will see playing time either in D, ST, or both. I could see Shaq Davidson and Deebo getting a look on O. I'm looking forward to August to see how things shake out. I just hope everyone comes in to camp in shape and hungry.

c0ckkn0cker 02-06-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4081620)
I saw both Green and DJ play this year in GA. DJ was the better DB. Saw him play corner and safety and he had better cover skills and run support skills.

From watching DJ, he looks like he would grow into an awesome safety. His open field tackling is unreal.

cocksmith1or11 02-06-2014 02:19 PM

I remember when Clowney didn't qualify...... do you guys remember that, its too bad he never had the grades to get into college.... .oh wait

cocksmith1or11 02-06-2014 02:20 PM

dj smith is dj swearinger reincarnate, only it took swear a year to grow into that role, smith is already there

rrsandersjr 02-06-2014 02:28 PM

I think that BAW will play DE in some passing situations in much the same way we used Norwood and Ingram.

Harry Tuttle 02-06-2014 02:35 PM

I'm gonna go for a total shocker and say Joe Blue finds his way into a FB or ILB spot and dominates in short yardage situations. Kid looks like a bowling ball.