CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I Need Some Good Suggestions (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203819)

taylorssc 02-06-2014 12:05 AM

I Need Some Good Suggestions

Hello fellow CTers! We've got a creative bunch on here and I could use some suggestions from you guys and gals.

I've had a new job now for about 4 months (thanks in part to our own CockyMac). Well, my new job has me on the road 3 to 4 days a week, 42 weeks a year; and I love it! I'm in anywhere from 10 to 15 different cities across the Southeast each week.

I'd love some suggestions from you guys as to something I could doing to remember my trips. Photos, collections, I'm open to most things. I was doing the same thing in the Northeast for a couple years and used to collect refrigerator magnets from all the airports I flew through. Honestly, that was stupid idea.

I love history, am a big Civil War buff, very much a fan of sports. A couple ideas I had were photos of City Halls in each place, or Civil War Battlefields, minor league baseball stadiums. A lot of the CT family is much more creative than I. Would love to hear what you guys think, or what you've collected on your travels.

Looking forward to reading your ideas. Thanks everybody!

Cockypantherfan 02-06-2014 12:27 AM

Re: I Need Some Good Suggestions

Collect underwear from all the girls in the different cities.

Sir Cuss 02-06-2014 12:48 AM

Because of our tech-centered world of 2014, instead of collecting post cards, just send an email to your loved one: "Cali is gr8. Luv u so much. Wish you could c the apps on the hotel comp. P.S. your turn on Words With Friends."

Then have your loved one pdf all the emails, merge them into one pdf, and save it on your iCloud.

OR . . . (I plan on doing this) stop at a well-known restaurant at each location you visit and keep a menu or, if they don't have one you can keep, a business card.

Sir Cuss 02-06-2014 01:33 AM

If each restaurant was guaranteed to have place-specific coasters, that's an awesome idea!

(That was TSC's idea, not mine. I'll give credit where it's due.)

Acockolypse Now 02-06-2014 03:14 AM

Shot glasses.

Get one from every town you visit.

Jeff45ACP 02-06-2014 03:18 AM

On my derby travels, I always try to get a can koozie from the host team. They've added up quickly, but some are funny or good conversation starters.

markp_vip 02-06-2014 11:03 AM

Try and find a Clemson fan in every city and five bomb them with something recognizable in the background.

Spurticus 02-06-2014 11:14 AM

In my late 30s (and during one of the many times I have tried to teach
myself to play the guitar), I used to look up and visit music stores in the
different cities / towns I stopped into for a day or so and got Guitar Picks
with the shop's logo and name on them. I still do this from time to time
now when I can think about it. Don't know why, but it's mainly a habit with
me now.

My wife has always loved getting the collectable thimbles, from towns that
we spend the night in, or stop over in when we take vacation's / trips to
different places.