CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203820)

CockinAthens 02-06-2014 12:09 AM

Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-experiences/

Quote:

Some journalists arriving in Sochi are describing appalling conditions in the housing there, where only six of nine media hotels are ready for guests. Hotels are still under construction. Water, if itís running, isnít drinkable. One German photographer told the AP over the weekend that his hotel still had stray dogs and construction workers wandering in and out of rooms.

Some of the tweets are funny

GamecockDad1531 02-06-2014 01:30 AM

Re: Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experience

Gonzo journalism at its best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cockypantherfan 02-06-2014 08:33 AM

Re: Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experience

I cannot believe this city is hosting an Olympics with conditions as miserable as they are. There is something that doesn't feel right... Corruption comes to mind.

doc 02-06-2014 09:15 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfpGUmiCIAA6ty2.jpg

Wow, just wow!

robgusc76 02-06-2014 10:09 AM

They can thank the good ole IOC.

IMACOCK 02-06-2014 10:46 AM

https://twitter.com/SochiProblems/st...313088/photo/1

If you're following... #SochiProblems #sochifail

LBC 02-06-2014 10:53 AM

When did 'Journalists' become such candy ass bitches?

GamecockMomSC 02-06-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBC (Post 4081764)
When did 'Journalists' become such candy ass bitches?

Since when did expecting clear water at a hotel make one a "candy ass bitch"?

They are there to cover the Olypmics, not report from a war zone. I'm sure their expectations for comfort varies by assignment.

spareparts 02-06-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4081779)
They are there to cover the Olypmics, not report from a war zone.

Russia = war zone

GamecockMomSC 02-06-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4081788)
Russia = war zone

:rotfl:

Yeah, but you would think $51 BILLION dollars would have made some improvements.

The competition facilities look nice at least.

usc90grad 02-06-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4081795)
:rotfl:

Yeah, but you would think $51 BILLION dollars would have made some improvements.

The competition facilities look nice at least.

Not when Putin puts $50 billion of it in his pocket.

Gamecock_Aholic 02-06-2014 11:38 AM

So, I don't keep up with the olympics that much until they actually happen or it has to do with Shawn Johnson. But, how did this get approved to have the games there? If it's so bad, I don't understand.

trapper82 02-06-2014 11:43 AM

That is not the only country that requires that by the way...

robgusc76 02-06-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic (Post 4081808)
So, I don't keep up with the olympics that much until they actually happen or it has to do with Shawn Johnson. But, how did this get approved to have the games there? If it's so bad, I don't understand.

Basically, countries/cities place bids and proposals to host the games, and the IOC chooses based on "merit". But what it actually is, is which country/city can offer the IOC the most benefit (money, gifts, etc…). Its a bribe. The only thing that may be more corrupt than the IOC is FIFA. This is going to be an advertisement for Communism.

Gamecock_Aholic 02-06-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4081838)
Basically, countries/cities place bids and proposals to host the games, and the IOC chooses based on "merit". But what it actually is, is which country/city can offer the IOC the most benefit (money, gifts, etcÖ). Its a bribe. The only thing that may be more corrupt than the IOC is FIFA. This is going to be an advertisement for Communism.

That's pretty crazy. I wonder if these Olympics will be a disaster.

usc_yogi 02-06-2014 01:14 PM

Maybe this is the first ever Reporter Hunger Games. Have them battle it out on worldwide tv and the winner gets clean facial water, a bed, and a doorknob for their winning hotel room.

Mr.101 02-06-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4081838)
This is going to be an advertisement for Communism.

wat

carolinafan53186 02-06-2014 01:18 PM

Same thing as the summer Olympics in china

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

markp_vip 02-06-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic (Post 4081808)

IOC officals had a little too much of this :mrgreen:on the brain when they were choosing.

cocky0 02-06-2014 02:05 PM

In Soviet Russia, Olympics play you.