CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Masters (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203878)

boowilliam4 02-07-2014 05:55 PM

The Masters

Anybody have some advice for me when I go to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round? I've never been so I really don't know what to expect or what to do once I get onto the grounds. Would appreciate any tips! Go Gamecocks!:woo:

Nureye 02-07-2014 06:06 PM

Re: The Masters

Quote:

Originally Posted by boowilliam4 (Post 4083127)
Anybody have some advice for me when I go to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round? I've never been so I really don't know what to expect or what to do once I get onto the grounds. Would appreciate any tips! Go Gamecocks!:woo:

Get there at 9:30.

Park on Berckmans rd and walk in the back side entrance.

Go put your chairs down on 16. (Make sure you have fold-out chairs with no arms. Do not come without chairs.)

Walk the course in reverse from that point. (holes 15-10)

Admire the people eating lunch at the clubhouse.

Go to the practice area and watch people hit balls.

Go to # 1 and watch someone tee off. Then walk the front 9 until you get to #6.

Go sit in your seats at 16 for the rest of the day.

Order the "Import" beer, and sample all available sandwich options. Including ice cream sandwich b/t two chocolate chip cookies.

Leave

Buy souvenirs on your way out.

Go to Hooters on Washington Rd.

Anyone who reads this and goes to Augusta should give me points immediately. It is the perfect way to watch the Masters.

smoovecock 02-07-2014 06:09 PM

LOL...Someone has done this a few times.....Perfect plan...Except Hooters...:lol::lol::golf::golf::golf::golf:

FLCock89 02-07-2014 06:13 PM

I worked there in 2010 and can say from what I saw/learned, Nureye hit everything perfectly. Also, for food on-course, the Pimento Cheese sandwich is what everyone raves about. If that's something up your alley, definitely get it.

It can't be stressed enough though: BRING A CHAIR. If you plant a chair down early in the morning, that becomes your permanent seat for the entire day even if you leave it to go do/see other things. I can't begin to describe the mad rush when the course opens on Sunday with people bullrushing the 18th hole with chairs in hopes of getting a seat to see the final shots of the tournament. You won't have as much competition at 18 on a Tuesday practice round, but the 16th is the premiere place for spectating that day. The 16th has a water hazard where players usually try to "skip" their tee shot over the water on practice rounds. It's a lot of fun to watch so if you can get there I recommend it.

Have fun!

boowilliam4 02-07-2014 06:18 PM

I appreciate the knowledge! Yeah I lucked into getting two tickets through the public lottery so my brother and I are going to go make a day of it. I've heard you are allowed to bring cameras in for practice rounds. My other question is when does everything start winding down for the day AKA when are they going to kick me out?

Nureye 02-07-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boowilliam4 (Post 4083146)
I appreciate the knowledge! Yeah I lucked into getting two tickets through the public lottery so my brother and I are going to go make a day of it. I've heard you are allowed to bring cameras in for practice rounds. My other question is when does everything start winding down for the day AKA when are they going to kick me out?

You'll know it's time to leave when you've convinced yourself that you can carry 6 beers in one trip.

boowilliam4 02-07-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4083150)
You'll know it's time to leave when you've convinced yourself that you can carry 6 beers in one trip.

Well said sir, well said.

ElectricCock 02-07-2014 06:32 PM

be sure to wear gamecock gear

dan.man.44 02-07-2014 07:04 PM

Egg salad and pimento cheese sandwiches are awesome.

FLCock89 02-07-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4083150)

Besides the tournament itself, one of the best parts of The Masters I think. Compared to other sporting events, the beers are really cheap.

Jim Lahey 02-07-2014 08:31 PM

The food and beer are both surprisingly cheap. Have fun

CockyCody 02-07-2014 09:10 PM

If you really are interested in a good place to eat nearby, skip Hooters and hit T Bonz just down the street close to I20. Hooters might have some hotties there that week though that they import from elsewhere for Masters week.

Cockdiesel7 02-07-2014 10:00 PM

My girlfriend goes to South Carolina and is going to be a waitress there. Name is Chrissy Gerth if you happen to get her as a server tip her well! She's a gamecock!

Tolley 02-07-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 (Post 4083291)
My girlfriend goes to South Carolina and is going to be a waitress there. Name is Chrissy Gerth if you happen to get her as a server tip her well! She's a gamecock!

Pics or gtfo.

Cock Kool-Aid 02-07-2014 10:52 PM

I usually set a chair on 18. Watch about half the field tee off at #1 until I find a group I am interested in following. Follow them for a bit then go to amen corner and get a good seat there and watch for a while. Then follow a group or two again until I get to my seats at 18 and post up there until everyone finishes. I go on Sundays though. That's just general strategy, I often get distracted and post up at other holes randomly. Easy to get sucked in. I like the spot behind the 16th green where you can watch 3 holes at once.

dreammachine 02-07-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4083134)
Get there at 9:30.

Park on Berckmans rd and walk in the back side entrance.

Go put your chairs down on 16. (Make sure you have fold-out chairs with no arms. Do not come without chairs.)

Walk the course in reverse from that point. (holes 15-10)

Admire the people eating lunch at the clubhouse.

Go to the practice area and watch people hit balls.

Go to # 1 and watch someone tee off. Then walk the front 9 until you get to #6.

Go sit in your seats at 16 for the rest of the day.

Order the "Import" beer, and sample all available sandwich options. Including ice cream sandwich b/t two chocolate chip cookies.

Leave

Buy souvenirs on your way out.

Go to Hooters on Washington Rd.

Anyone who reads this and goes to Augusta should give me points immediately. It is the perfect way to watch the Masters.

Yours is not a bad way to watch a Practice Round at the Masters. The food is cheaper at the sandwich stands, so load up inside the National as you will have a harder time finding a good place to get into in Augusta, GA when you leave. Pray that the weather is nice and warm and the ladies will come out in style.

I would have to say that the "Best Way To See The Masters Tournament" is by watching it on TV as you get to see all the shots and best golfers. Being at the Masters is great, but no matter where you sit, you are only going to see the golf that is going on in front of you and hope that you have a good seat. Walk all over the course so that you can tell all of your friends that you have seen it all and by the end of the day, you most likely will. If it is wet and damp that day, watch out walking on some of the sloops or the pathways as they can be very slick and I have seen many people slide down them over the years. It is a beautiful course if the weather is warm and everything gets to bloom. Enjoy.

Cock Kool-Aid 02-08-2014 06:35 AM

For thurs-sun rounds, you gotta get a good spot with a view of a scoreboard. Watching the old school manually operated scoreboard updates as the players start making moves on Sunday is the best.

cocky0 02-08-2014 07:59 AM

Step 1: Put on a costume in tribute to Spanish golfer Miguel Ángel Jiménez complete with a big, bushy mustache and cigar.

Step 2: Try to photo-bomb as many golfers as possible.

Step 3: Profit.

usc1 02-08-2014 11:31 AM

Collect cups.

rosstheboss 02-08-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoovecock (Post 4083137)
LOL...Someone has done this a few times.....Perfect plan...Except Hooters...:lol::lol::golf::golf::golf::golf:

bingo. gotta go see john daly over at hooters for lunch/dinner