CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Auburn Signee Arrested (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203906)

taylorssc 02-08-2014 09:14 PM

Auburn Signee Arrested

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...z_bessent.html

Quote:

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent was arrested on marijuana-related charges early Saturday, according to the Nassau County Sherriff's Office in Florida.

The cornerback out of St. Mary's, Ga., was arrested on two felony charges stemming from possession of marijuana over 20 grams and possession with intent, according to the county jail. He was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.

Bessent was released Saturday on $5,506 bond.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn "is aware of the situation and is continuing to gather information," a team spokesman said Saturday.

Bessent then sent a message to his followers on Twitter.

Kalvaraz Bessent sent this tweet following his arrest.

"God knows the truth and he is going to stick with me through this if nobody else will!!"

Bessent is rated a four-star cornerback out of Camden County and is ranked as the No. 11 cornerback in the country, according to 247sports.com. The 6-foot, 170-pound Bessent flipped to Auburn from Alabama in December, and signed a national letter of intent Wednesday.

Bessent could help the Tigers at boundary cornerback after Chris Davis graduated and left an open spot in the secondary.

"Very athletic," Malzahn said Wednesday. "(Cornerbacks) coach (Melvin) Smith identified him as one of the top corners early on, and he hung in there, kept recruiting him, and we really felt like we got a guy that can help us immediately. He's got very good ball skills, and a very good cover guy."

Gamecock_Aholic 02-08-2014 09:47 PM

Re: Auburn Signee Arrested

God, and the rest of know what you did Kalvaraz.

ElectricCock 02-08-2014 09:55 PM

He has Auburn written all over him

Regalcock 02-08-2014 10:12 PM

Ganja Barn

Acockolypse Now 02-08-2014 11:28 PM

God, and more importantly Gus, knows he's a 4-star, so he's fine.

ThisMr X 02-08-2014 11:33 PM

Mark Richt has lost control of Auburn's recruits!

SanAntonioCock 02-09-2014 12:41 AM

War Reefer!

Thenardier 02-09-2014 12:46 AM

Random factoid, we have a stricter drug policy than SC, just sayin.

DJCatfish 02-09-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4084029)

Pretty sure 20+ grams is getting you bounced anywhere that has any drug policy whatsoever. That said, regardless of where the guy plays football, I hope this serves a reality check and he gets his shit in order.

dreammachine 02-09-2014 03:24 AM

Quote:

Don't know about that? I know in the Upstate their motto is "Across The Border It's Law And Order"! Tougher than North Carolina.

Maybe this kid thought he was going to the University of Leg Humpers and it would be OK to do this type of behavior??? But, wait, that usually happens at Jawja just before the start of the regular season???

:spurrier:

bigdawg77 02-09-2014 03:47 AM

You mean a school that has recruit back away because of it tougher policies I doubt it that

gamecockguy 02-09-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCatfish (Post 4084053)
Pretty sure 20+ grams is getting you bounced anywhere that has any drug policy whatsoever. That said, regardless of where the guy plays football, I hope this serves a reality check and he gets his shit in order.

Pretty sure Ben Axon got caught with a similar amount of weed and got intent to sell because they were individually bagged.

Would be surprised if the kid gets to enroll

Gamecock_Aholic 02-09-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdawg77 (Post 4084105)
You mean a school that has recruit back away because of it tougher policies I doubt it that

Is this even english?

GamecockInHell 02-09-2014 10:40 AM

If you recruit quality kids, then you don't have to worry as much about having a strict drug policy. The only time when you need one is if you have a problem. Unless they have another 4 star or better in their pocket, I bet he goes to Auburn.

yazoo 02-09-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCatfish (Post 4084053)

That is less than an ounce. I don't see how you realistically charge the kid with distribution based on the quantity. Our drug laws are getting stupider and stupider, ruining lives with impunity.

taylorssc 02-09-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Yet you lack a policy on unmarked debit cards being supplied by boosters, former coaches, and members of the board of directors.

DJCatfish 02-09-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4084171)
That is less than an ounce. I don't see how you realistically charge the kid with distribution based on the quantity. Our drug laws are getting stupider and stupider, ruining lives with impunity.

I 100% agree with you in terms of drug policy. However, my comment was not a statement of my opinion, just a statement of fact. Whether it makes a lot of sense or not, 20+ grams is a substantial amount of ganja in the eyes of the law. In fact, I assume 20 grams is where they draw the felony/misdemeanor line in Florida, becuase this guy actually had 202.5 grams with him according to the article.

GamecockInHell 02-09-2014 01:15 PM

Over 20 grams is just the limit for a felony in Fla. 202 grams is several ounces. It says they were all arrested because no one took responsibility for it. I assume if the guy is really good some anonymous Auburn alumni will persuade one of the other guys to take responsibility if the price is right.

FanofCarolina1 02-09-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

I thought you'd pipe in a lot quicker than being the #8 poster on an Auburn player getting arrested thread.

helladonks 02-09-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdawg77 (Post 4084105)

w0t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk