CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   TABLET (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203935)

ds401 02-09-2014 10:24 PM

TABLET
 
7" OR 8" TABLET.

FAST
stereo speakers or 2 speakers
blue tooth and wireless b/n/g
32 gbytes or upgrade availabilty


listen to satellite radio, watch movies

They all seem to be way slower than my laptop. I do not like slowness in a device at all. I am not spending 600. on something slow.

The Yancey 02-09-2014 10:31 PM

Re: TABLET
 
On the high end I have an i-pad. On the low end I have a Kindle Fire. Both work well for me for what they are.

johnnyb 02-09-2014 10:31 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ds401 (Post 4084731)

They all seem to be way slower than my laptop. I do not like slowness in a device at all. I am not spending 600. on something slow.

really? I have a first gen Ipad, and it is much faster than any PC I have ever used, what tablets have you used that were this slow?

FlorenceCock 02-09-2014 10:55 PM

Re: TABLET
 
A Nexus 7 is just about perfect for what you are wanting. A Kindle is really a waste of money for what you get.

johnnyb 02-09-2014 11:01 PM

Re: TABLET
 
my SiL got a samsung Galaxy tab 7 for christmas, she loves it

Mr.101 02-09-2014 11:25 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Nexus 7, definitely. Fast, good tablet, and nowhere NEAR $600.

ds401 02-09-2014 11:57 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Do they have blue tooth ?

dual speakers or just one speaker? stereo? found it has 2 speakers. still looking for blue tooth capibilites.

Thank you for ur help!

FlorenceCock 02-10-2014 12:07 AM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ds401 (Post 4084830)
Do they have blue tooth ?

dual speakers or just one speaker? stereo? found it has 2 speakers. still looking for blue tooth capibilites.

Thank you for ur help!

Yes they do have bluetooth. I don't think you will find a tablet that does not now. The Nexus 7 2nd Gen is the best bang for your buck out of all tablets on the market. It is about the same price as a Kindle and it puts it to shame.

carolina101 02-10-2014 02:12 AM

Re: TABLET
 
I have a dell venue pro 8. I love it full windows 8.1 OS

gamecock88 02-10-2014 09:15 AM

Re: TABLET
 
They're all toys but perform at what they were intended for quite well. I would suggest a windows tablet after using an i pad for a while for business purposes. Slowness has never been an issue though.

CurryStorm 02-10-2014 09:32 AM

Re: TABLET
 
Nexus 7. Although, I just read an article where the new Nexus in that size range is going to be 8" and will be released in April. So if you want the newest stuff, you might want to wait a few months for that, but you can't go wrong with the Nexus 7.

ds401 02-10-2014 10:10 AM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carolina101 (Post 4084875)
I have a dell venue pro 8. I love it full windows 8.1 OS


Does the Start Button location bother you?

ds401 02-10-2014 10:12 AM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecock88 (Post 4084924)
They're all toys but perform at what they were intended for quite well. I would suggest a windows tablet after using an i pad for a while for business purposes. Slowness has never been an issue though.

Why a windows over an ipad/apple for business?

CCC 02-10-2014 02:31 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ds401 (Post 4084958)
Why a windows over an ipad/apple for business?

I can't answer for '88 but I believe the windows based tablets have Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc that are easy to work with on the tablet.

I use my iPad for business and have been able to create and edit Word/Excel/etc documents with no problem. I use an app called DocumentsToGo and it's been great.

ColaCock 02-10-2014 03:39 PM

Re: TABLET
 
I rooted a NookHD with CyanogenMod and it runs like a champ. Basically a Nexus 7.

FlorenceCock 02-10-2014 03:48 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4085264)
I rooted a NookHD with CyanogenMod and it runs like a champ. Basically a Nexus 7.

I have done a few of those and while they are nice little devices for the money you pay for them they come no where near even approaching the power of a 1st Gen N7 let alone a 2nd Gen.

usc90grad 02-10-2014 03:56 PM

Re: TABLET
 
I'm looking at getting a tablet and was thinking about the iPad Air...but really only because I have an iPhone and am familiar with the platform. But the $499 price is holding me back.

Probably a dumb question, but are the apps for a Nexus about the same? What about ease of use, etc? Will use it mostly for movies, checking email, etc while on the go.

SpuroftheMoment 02-10-2014 04:00 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Also check out the new Asus Transformer Book T100. I'm in IT and we've been playing around with one in the office for a while. It's like an ultrabook with detachable tablet. So no need to buy an additional keyboard, and it comes with full Win 8.1. It is 10 inch, so not sure if you were looking for 7 inch specifically.

ds401 02-10-2014 05:45 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuroftheMoment (Post 4085281)
Also check out the new Asus Transformer Book T100. I'm in IT and we've been playing around with one in the office for a while. It's like an ultrabook with detachable tablet. So no need to buy an additional keyboard, and it comes with full Win 8.1. It is 10 inch, so not sure if you were looking for 7 inch specifically.


I seem to keep going back to the Nexus 7.2 and the Apple mini with retina display. Read that Nexus is coming out with an 8. Appears to be faster.

7" to 8 1/2" easiest for me to carry.

Cover - cover and stand easily- Apple seems to have 2 positional angles which is great for placing on a table.

I do not know if the nexus has such a cover/stand????

What is M7 motion coprocessor? I walk tons , but also have tremors. will this accomodate motion when pic taking or measure steps/fitness and how?

FUNCTIONS
1)
listen to Sirius Satellite internet radio
TWO speakers on the tablet- I live in a 6 staggered floored townhouse and I like to listen to music throughout my house without carrying the tablet. The tablet will accommodate the top 3 floors. My boom box SRadio will accomodate the bottom 3 floors.

2) Movies

3) outdoor use of music, movies, reading. I walk tons! maybe measure my steps??? email ok.

4) guest use at Strom, use at home , use in the backyard. I would like to use it in the car while my husband drives, BUT the hywy. doesn't have wireless. hahahaha
I do not have a smart phone. I do not want to be glued to a phone. I have a cell phone and I use it to TALK. prob. 200 -250 mins a month. I have a Toshiba Satellite core i7, 3D and regular screen laptop.

I hate buffering. I like the video, sports game, or music to sound nice and when I click I want it to start.

5) cover and stand as stated above

6) 32 -64 gigabytes 32 will prob suffice.
7) Bluetooth and wireless b/n/g ect.
8) camera is nice since mine broke.

gamecock88 02-10-2014 10:35 PM

Re: TABLET
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CCC (Post 4085212)
I can't answer for '88 but I believe the windows based tablets have Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc that are easy to work with on the tablet.

I use my iPad for business and have been able to create and edit Word/Excel/etc documents with no problem. I use an app called DocumentsToGo and it's been great.

That's basically it in a nutshell. I have the same app and it's a must unless there is a better one. Still can't replace a laptop for my needs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.