CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How 'bout Frank Martins' team, K-State (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203974)

beak2 02-11-2014 01:18 AM

How 'bout Frank Martins' team, K-State

Just beat #7 Kansas in overtime 85-82, I believe. K-State now 17-7. Could do that here if given the time and support.

:woo:

SanAntonioCock 02-11-2014 01:28 AM

Re: How 'bout Frank Martins' team, K-State

I think K-State would beat us by more than 3, even here.

ReadR00ster 02-11-2014 01:29 AM

He's going to have to do it without an enthused fan base. He's got one of the few bad teams at this school and the fans don't show up for losers.

FilchCock 02-11-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4085679)
He's going to have to do it without an enthused fan base. He's got one of the few bad teams at this school and the fans don't show up for losers.

Are you kidding me? Throughout our history we have seemingly made a tradition of showing up for losers.

That loyalty has been one of the hallmarks of our fanbase. I hope a few years of winning hasn't eroded it.

spareparts 02-11-2014 03:30 PM

"Frank Martin's team" is not K-State, it's USC, so this thread has no point at all.

yazoo 02-11-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilchCock (Post 4086010)
Are you kidding me? Throughout our history we have seemingly made a tradition of showing up for losers.

That loyalty has been one of the hallmarks of our fanbase. I hope a few years of winning hasn't eroded it.

I think he is talking about BB.

FilchCock 02-11-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4086019)
I think he is talking about BB.

I'd like to think the loyalty extends to all major sports. I was saying I hope winning in sports like football and baseball hasn't caused us to love our losers less unconditionally.

palmettosc 02-11-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilchCock (Post 4086021)
I'd like to think the loyalty extends to all major sports.

Then you haven't spent a lot of time in Colonial Life.

ReadR00ster 02-11-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

HAHAHAHA! Those days are gone man. And I say good riddance. It wasn't really a hallmark. It was more like we just sucked or were mediocre in just about everything so what the heck. There aren't a lot of fans showing up in droves for bottom dwellers anywhere you look in the country. It's not that fans don't care, it is just they lack excitement. Most fans show up because they want that sense of excitement and the team is doing something big, not because of some sense of obligation or duty.

doccock 02-11-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

That works for Football, not basketball. We have a long history of staying away from bad basketball.
doc

sandstorm2001 02-11-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doccock (Post 4086075)
That works for Football, not basketball. We have a long history of staying away from bad basketball.
doc

I don't think we'd see the sellout a we saw in the 90's for bad football either. Prices have gone out. Watching from home has become better with HDTV and easier with all the network contracts.

gamecock88 02-11-2014 06:44 PM

He doesn't have a team. K st doing ok without him.

ReadR00ster 02-11-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4086136)
I don't think we'd see the sellout a we saw in the 90's for bad football either. Prices have gone out. Watching from home has become better with HDTV and easier with all the network contracts.

I think if we had one more bad year under Holtz the football stadium probably would have started to empty. He had a honeymoon year to lean on.

FanofCarolina1 02-11-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4086018)
"Frank Martin's team" is not K-State, it's USC, so this thread has no point at all.

Exactly and K-State is actually winning games.

TwoNotch Dreams 02-13-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4086018)

He means that a good chunk of Kansas State's players from last year and this year were recruited by Frank and they're currently winning in arguably the hardest conference in the nation.

It takes time to build things

MizzouTrav 02-16-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams (Post 4087428)
He means that a good chunk of Kansas State's players from last year and this year were recruited by Frank and they're currently winning in arguably the hardest conference in the nation.

It takes time to build things

Bingo! Support Frank.... believe me he'll be worth it in the end.