CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Do you think Shaq leaves after this upcoming season? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=203999)

SuperCockMaster 02-11-2014 09:38 PM

Do you think Shaq leaves after this upcoming season?

He will be three years out of HS, so he could leave if he wanted. He still has lots to learn especially from a maturity standpoint, and another year at the college level would do good for him. Unless he goes for 900+ yards receiving, I don't see him grading higher than a fourth round pick in next year's draft. Another season could bump that up to the top three possibly two rounds. What are your thoughts about him staying or going?

Lonnie 02-11-2014 09:56 PM

Re: Do you think Shaq leaves after this upcoming season?

Bye.

sc455 02-11-2014 09:57 PM

he gone..we recruit athletes who are good enough to go pro after three yrs. if he has a good year he is gone.

Thundercocks- Ho! 02-11-2014 09:58 PM

Recently our guys have shown a high propensity to leave early if they think they will be in the top 4 rounds. He should be our clear go to guy after the 3 or 4th game, meaning he should have good numbers. I guess he will leave.

Dizzy01 02-11-2014 09:59 PM

Who knows anymore. It used to be guys only left for the top two rounds but lately guys leave at a 7th round projection. My guess is as long as he's projected to be drafted he'll leave.

TKE226 02-11-2014 10:00 PM

he is certainly talented enough. And if he has a great season, I would assume he leaves, but hopefully not

Goofyboy 02-11-2014 10:03 PM

I think he leaves if another program needs a young linebacker coach and gives him a shot. The other Shaq has a lot of talent but needs a good deal of development. If he does a lot of work this spring and summer and has a great year, it might be possible.

COCKDIESEL 02-11-2014 10:10 PM

Yea he's been doing great work with the LB's. Gotta think someone will hire him as full time defensive assistant. I know you meant Roland but it's a possibility.

garnet&black1998rn 02-11-2014 11:21 PM

UH , no and no

cockybreeyan 02-11-2014 11:29 PM

I think yes. At most other schools, no. But here, where for some reason the culture became cool to go early no matter what, he'll go.

roosterdave 02-11-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL (Post 4086244)
Yea he's been doing great work with the LB's. Gotta think someone will hire him as full time defensive assistant. I know you meant Roland but it's a possibility.

:clap:

But seriously, i hope he has such a great season has no choice but to go.

JohnnyB21 02-11-2014 11:42 PM

If he does then imagine the O in 2015. Noso/Mitch throwing to googer, cooper, davidson. We'll be fine either way.

usc1 02-11-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 (Post 4086280)
If he does then imagine the O in 2015. Noso/Mitch throwing to googer, cooper, davidson. We'll be fine either way.

Not so fast my friend. We'll have at least 3 new OL, a new QB who has yet to start a game, and 3 new WR who haven't proved anything at their position (Counting Cooper because he has what 3 career catches?)

Gamecocks321 02-11-2014 11:53 PM

I think Shaq would probably need at least a 1000+ receiving year to even consider leaving early. That's of course if he wants an early round pick. Anything less than 1000 yards would make him a late pick.

MWard 02-11-2014 11:53 PM

I think if a runner like the one that told Hampton he was going to be an early round pick, gets into Rolands ear this season, he will leave early.

gotrice? 02-12-2014 12:18 AM

With a good season he is gone. I think these players are leaving earlier partially due to the rookie wage scale in the NFL. There used to be a huge financial incentive to come back and try to become a 1st round pick because the money was so big but now that the money is limited players want to get into the NFL faster so they can get to their 2nd contract faster.

nicstockman 02-12-2014 01:16 AM

I Know I would

crowcutta 02-12-2014 01:42 AM

the skills are there where if he works hard that i can easily see him going. he shook off his 3 game break and looked like an all sec player the last 5 games. 4 td's the last 5 games, showed the ball skills, hands, and ability to get open. plus he got screwed out of a td catch and a deep bomb vs florida.

uscsandstorm85 02-12-2014 02:51 AM

If he works for it he will.

Gamecocks1137 02-12-2014 04:18 AM

He could, but I mean come on, the guy has barely done anything since he has been here. He had one break out season near the end, but it wasn't like he was Alshon, or Sidney out there. Bruce and Byrd had good seasons. I hope I eat the crow, and I am sure I will, but this is extremely premature.