CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   how many of these have you seen? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204015)

2000grad 02-12-2014 08:52 PM

how many of these have you seen?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ered_the_worst

Order 66 02-12-2014 09:06 PM

Re: how many of these have you seen?

I really think Battlefield Earth could be rebooted and be good with better writing and casting.

Transmaniacon 02-12-2014 09:13 PM

I've seen a handful. The Room and Birdemic are amazing. In truth, many of these deserve their own category of judgment. They are bad in an inspired and watchable way. Dolemite, for instance, is something I recommend to everyone (watch with friends, it makes all the difference). Then you have truly bad movies that have no soul whatsoever. Those don't make any list, and many of them star Harrison Ford.

bigdog2003 02-12-2014 09:19 PM

Funny you posted this, I have been working my way through terrible horror movies online for 2 days now.

GoCCUChants 02-12-2014 09:21 PM

4. I actually thought That's My Boy was funny. Maybe I need to watch it again and see what I was missing.

M.C. 02-12-2014 09:24 PM

GamecockMomSC 02-12-2014 09:29 PM

Mommie Dearest should not be on that list. It is so campy and bizarre that it crosses over to awesome.

"No wire hangers, ever!"
:-x

The Yancey 02-12-2014 09:44 PM

Luke Skycocker 02-12-2014 09:50 PM

Just 1, I Spit On Your Grave

markymark550 02-12-2014 10:13 PM

None prior to 1986 though.

uscgmck 02-12-2014 10:14 PM

I saw a bunch but it goes without saying that SHOWGIRLS was so bad on so many levels. Even nudity, beautiful women, lesbians, nude lap dances, and pool sex could not save that monkey bomb.

Sonofacock 02-12-2014 10:15 PM

11, granted I was growing up when the a lot of those were being released.

Surprised none of the Leprechaun movies aren't on there

GH 02-12-2014 10:56 PM

love the snark:

Less a film than an appetite suppressant

Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie

Quite honestly, I've never seen anything less competent. And I mean that

the worst film ever made: a film about idiots, made by idiots, for idiots

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels

the director, Roger Christian, has learned from better films that directors sometimes tilt their cameras, but he has not learned why

Superbabies couldn't be worse if it had been written and produced by actual babies, and I mean babies who are retarded and who hate movies

a film of thunderous oafishness that gives adult subject matter the kind of bad name it does not need or deserve

The only good thing about Bill Cosby's Leonard Part 6 is that we didn't have to see Parts 1 through 5

There's not one aspect of this movie that isn't the Worst Thing Ever

GoldenSpur7 02-12-2014 11:03 PM

3 - Caligula, Plan 9, and Reefer Madness. Surprised that Jaws 3-d wasn't on the list.

davidmc467 02-12-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgmck (Post 4086841)
I saw a bunch but it goes without saying that SHOWGIRLS was so bad on so many levels. Even nudity, beautiful women, lesbians, nude lap dances, and pool sex could not save that monkey bomb.

Showgirls stuck out to me as well. What a terrrrrrrible movie. The fact that the main actress could go from Saved by the Bell to an explicit movie like Showgirls is so strange.

COCKDIESEL 02-12-2014 11:32 PM

Most of the ones from about 85 on.

Gamecock_Aholic 02-12-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4086795)
I really think Battlefield Earth could be rebooted and be good with better writing and casting.

So basically if it was a completely different movie.

warriorchief 02-13-2014 06:31 AM

Shockingly, only 1, "Thats My Boy". Personally, I thought it was hilarious. Could be partially attributed to the tie-ins to the movie Grandma's Boy (which I also loved), or the fact it was watched amongst friends with plenty of beer in supply. Either way, will probably watch again just to see if it was a fluke that I enjoyed it.

AtlGAMECOCK 02-13-2014 08:40 AM

2 bio dome and that's my boy
I thought that's my boy was funny

pitchcock 02-13-2014 09:37 AM

I've seen 5.

Notably absent from that list is the all time classic "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".