CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Would Clowney stay ? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204017)

Coulwoodwarlord 02-12-2014 09:26 PM

Would Clowney stay ?
 
If NCAA football players were paid ?


I say no, college money would pale compared to the pros. He still leaves after 3

3MTA3 02-12-2014 09:34 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
So, you say Clowney is a liar?

OK.

Gamecock_Aholic 02-12-2014 09:35 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
No way he'd stay.

sporkgod50 02-12-2014 09:42 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4086813)
So, you say Clowney is a liar?

OK.

did clowney say he would stay if he had gotten a little bit of money?

Coulwoodwarlord 02-12-2014 09:42 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4086813)
So, you say Clowney is a liar?

OK.

Answer the question !

Coulwoodwarlord 02-12-2014 09:48 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 

sporkgod50 02-12-2014 09:56 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4086823)

thanks, he never says how much he would have needed to get paid in order to stay in college. I doubt that college money comes close to first round nfl player money so I think he probably still leaves. with Ace and Bruce, it might have been a different story though (aka with later round draft picks vs a top 5 overall draft pick).

acejrock 02-12-2014 09:58 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
No I don't believe so. Plus I don't think the amount being talked about for paying players would be enough to "take care of family."

sporkgod50 02-12-2014 10:04 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acejrock (Post 4086832)
No I don't believe so. Plus I don't think the amount being talked about for paying players would be enough to "take care of family."

I agree, but its a good sound bite all the same.

GarnetSwarm1990 02-12-2014 10:28 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
He would think about it long enough to look at the comparison.

On one hand the NCAA will at most pay kids 5k a semester in the future. (my guess)

On the other hand an endorsement deal alone could be worth 5k a week EASY.

3MTA3 02-12-2014 10:52 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sporkgod50 (Post 4086817)
did clowney say he would stay if he had gotten a little bit of money?


That is what was being reported today, that he had made that statement.

No, I don't have a link. I'm on my mobile.

3MTA3 02-12-2014 10:53 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4086819)
Answer the question !


Why do I need to tell you if he would have stayed if the man himself already answered the question?

USCfootball 02-12-2014 10:57 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4086808)
If NCAA football players were paid ?


I say no, college money would pale compared to the pros. He still leaves after 3


I doubt college money would even cover his speeding tickets.

Coulwoodwarlord 02-12-2014 11:07 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4086863)
Why do I need to tell you if he would have stayed if the man himself already answered the question?

Because I was asking you !

JerseyBird 02-12-2014 11:13 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCfootball (Post 4086865)
I doubt college money would even cover his speeding tickets.

Ooooooooh....but probably true

3MTA3 02-12-2014 11:56 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4086872)
Because I was asking you !


Oh, ok- well then my answer is that I've got no reason to assume Clowney was lying with his statement, so I'll just go with that.

There you go.

b381l 02-12-2014 11:56 PM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
He's just doing some politicking to help players going forward.

Barry_gamecock 02-13-2014 01:33 AM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Let college players have endorsement deals. The NCAA and ESPN use them to make money, so if a player is famous enough to make money he should be able to. This wouldn't even involve schools or taxpayer money.

B-G 02-13-2014 01:50 AM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4086895)
He's just doing some politicking to help players going forward.

Agreed

uscsandstorm85 02-13-2014 03:22 AM

Re: Would Clowney stay ?
 
That would be a no.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.