CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Time Warner Cable (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204039)

uscgamecocks88 02-13-2014 04:50 PM

Time Warner Cable

Comcast has bought out TWC.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/02/...ype=blogs&_r=0

Rooster2007 02-13-2014 05:02 PM

Re: Time Warner Cable

Great. Expect the rates to increase again. I'm getting ever closer to the notion of cancelling cable and spending the money on either tickets to games or sports bars to watch it.

uscgamecocks88 02-13-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007 (Post 4087313)
Great. Expect the rates to increase again. I'm getting ever closer to the notion of cancelling cable and spending the money on either tickets to games or sports bars to watch it.

Been pretty dissapointed in TWC lately. Hopefully this will be much better.

Speaking of cable companies, any word on SEC Network? I bet they will get it now since this will apparently cover a huge amount of customers.

Cockypantherfan 02-13-2014 06:10 PM

It's basically the blind leading the blind.

aftertwobowls 02-13-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4087320)
Been pretty dissapointed in TWC lately. Hopefully this will be much better.

Don't count on it..

1SCFanInPAUntilNow 02-13-2014 06:41 PM

I really don't know which company was worse as i've had both. This is a perfect match. Run while you still can folks.

FlorenceCock 02-13-2014 07:11 PM

The DOJ should not allow this deal to go through just like the AT&T and T-Mobile deal last year. That being said the VP of Comcast is Obamas good buddy and number 1 fund raiser....

Luke Skycocker 02-13-2014 08:06 PM

Comcast >>>>>>>>>>>>>> TWC

uscjeremynca 02-13-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007 (Post 4087313)

I don't have either of these but I've been considering the same thing. I watch so little TV and the only real thing I would miss without one is sports and the ability to record events I'm not home to watch.

FlorenceCock 02-13-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4087470)

On what planet? Comcast has the worst customer support and approval rating of any major cable provider. They also throttle your bandwidth and have monthly caps of 250gigs on your supposedly "unlimited" internet. They are also very against any type of torrenting and will gladly give your contact information to the RIAA and MPAA when they present your IP address to them. TWC does absolutely none of this.

1SCFanInPAUntilNow 02-13-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

TWC = Comcast. Both are as bad as it gets.

uscgamecocks88 02-13-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4087481)
On what planet? Comcast has the worst customer support and approval rating of any major cable provider. They also throttle your bandwidth and have monthly caps of 250gigs on your supposedly "unlimited" internet. They are also very against any type of torrenting and will gladly give your contact information to the RIAA and MPAA when they present your IP address to them. TWC does absolutely none of this.

I heard TWC had worse customer support ratings.

FlorenceCock 02-13-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4087484)
I heard TWC had worse customer support ratings.

This is from the BBB.
Time Warner Customer Satisfaction Rating 59/100
Comcast Customer Satisfaction Rating 43/100

Luke Skycocker 02-13-2014 09:00 PM

I deal with Comcast when I'm at home and TWC when I'm at school. The data cap is the only thing against Comcast in my books. TWC has screwed me too many times to count.

acejrock 02-13-2014 09:17 PM

This is a big sign that shows cable television is in trouble, or at least how it is delivered presently.

They need to merge to compete with other data giants.

yazoo 02-13-2014 11:52 PM

The more they consolidate into a oligopoly, the worse for us the consumers. We are going to get screwed over with all these mergers taking place. Comcast Agrees to Buy Time Warner Cable for $45.2 Billion. Meanwhile, "ESPN is working hard to ensure that the SEC Network will be available via cable, satellite and telco distributors (such as Comcast, Time Warner Cable, DirecTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, and Verizon FiOS)." SEC Network FAQ

ESPN's strategy likely means that the A&M game will only be available in bars that can get an SEC Network feed.
Quote:

According to John Ourand and Michael Smith in this week's Sports Business Journal, ESPN plans to charge cable and satellite providers in the 11 state conference footprint $1.30 per subscriber. That would be the most expensive college conference network as the Big Ten Network costs $1 within the conference borders from Nebraska to New Jersey.

The two biggest cable providers which would carry the SEC Network, Comcast and Time Warner Cable are likely to balk at paying the $1.30 pricetag, however, ESPN is depending on a rabid fanbase to put pressure on the providers to carry the channel.
THE SEC NETWORK IS GOING TO COST A LOT OF MONEY

Who knows which Satellite systems will carry it? Dish was unable to carry CBS for the first half of 2013 because of argument over prices.

b381l 02-14-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Directv>>>>>>>>>>>>comcast

FlorenceCock 02-14-2014 01:25 AM

Comcast, Time Warner Cable Deal Is A Disaster For Customers

Quote:

They say two wrongs don't make a right, and consumers are about to get proof of that with the merger of Comcast and Time Warner Cable.
The $45 billion merger announced Thursday might be a win for both companies, but it will be no victory for their combined 30 million customers, who are already among the least-happy customers in all of Corporate America.
The two companies last year were the lowest-scoring cable companies in the American Customer Satisfaction Index, mainly because of the weakness of their customer service. That made them the least-loved companies in one of the least-loved industries for customer satisfaction. The only two industries with worse customer-satisfaction ratings, according to Consumerist, are newspapers and internet providers. By the way, Comcast and Time Warner Cable are also internet providers.
Little wonder, then, that the two companies were near the top of Consumerist's Worst Company In America contest last year, based on unscientific online polling. Comcast, which took home the title of Worst Company in 2010, reached the Final Four in 2013, after beating Time Warner Cable in the Elite Eight.
The companies, naturally, are putting the best face on the merger.
“The combination of Time Warner Cable and Comcast creates an exciting opportunity for our company, for our customers, and for our shareholders,” Comcast CEO Brian Roberts said in a press release. The company did not immediately respond to a request for further comment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4780438.html

ReadR00ster 02-14-2014 02:03 AM

I've had dealing with Brighthouse who is owned by TWC and their customer service has always been excellent. TW on the other hand have been pretty lousy. It's difficult to even get to talk to someone.

uscgmck 02-14-2014 01:57 PM

When I moved from SC to MS I had TW and had a few complaints but TW sold the Jackson tri county area to Comcast/Xfinity, then the crap began. The one suggestion I can make is write down this number because you will need it. 215-665-1700 corporate office in Philly. Ask for VP of customer service, you won't get him/her but you will get help from their executive customer service folks. Write everything down, keep notes and e-mails too. Remember these guys do not care. period!

Over the last 3 years I have had 13 different DVR/HD boxes, they repair all equipment and recycle. Good luck

One more thing you will now get a load of a NBC programming shoved down your throat as well as Universal stuff, they own both. One of the reasons Leno's gone.
http://comcastsucks.org/

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ucks&FORM=VDRE