CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   1-800-FLOWERS (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204080)

The Yancey 02-15-2014 01:21 AM

1-800-FLOWERS

Next time you may just want to grab some from the grocery. :lol:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch...valentines-day

etowngangsta 02-15-2014 01:28 AM

Re: 1-800-FLOWERS

Twitter can backfire at times lol.

walk.daddy 02-15-2014 02:24 AM

I ordered $60 worth of flowers from them and when my gf got them today none of the buds on any of the flowers had even opened yet, needless to say it looked absolutely nothing like the picture.

Acockolypse Now 02-15-2014 02:29 AM

Got burned by them last year. Got a full refund 30 days later but the damage was done.

Never again.

usc90grad 02-15-2014 08:41 AM

They are terrible. But then again, when they sell a dozen roses for $19.99, you shouldn't expect much.

garnet_black215 02-15-2014 12:06 PM

I used ProFlowers.com twice last year and both times it turned out great. From this we can conclude ProFlowers>1-800-Flowers.

johnnyb 02-15-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4088496)
They are terrible. But then again, when they sell a dozen roses for $19.99, you shouldn't expect much.

meh...thats actually about the right price most of the year...they (growers/distributors/florists) just jack the price up in feb/march because they know many men will spend the money for the women in their lives

ccured 02-15-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb (Post 4088608)
meh...thats actually about the right price most of the year...they (growers/distributors/florists) just jack the price up in feb/march because they know many men will spend the money for the women in their lives

Retailers jack up the cost to cover there shrink the rest of the year. The cost my old job paid was the same just retails were raised

johnnyb 02-15-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4088610)
Retailers jack up the cost to cover there shrink the rest of the year. The cost my old job paid was the same just retails were raised

its not just the retailers...but thats a supply and demand market for ya, same reason you could sell ice for $5 a bag after a big storm

usc90grad 02-15-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb (Post 4088608)

Oh yeah, realize that. Was saying smucks should know if they're paying $20 for roses on Valentine's Day, they are probably going to be garbage. Most of these flowers were frozen before shipment, which is never a good thing.

Those pics in the link were awesome.....unless you were the chick getting the flowers.

SwampFox 02-15-2014 05:02 PM

Valentine's Day is when most flowers are sold. I'm not at all surprised at some of these issues, especially given the SNAFU caused by the winter storm. Furthermore, I'm not having flowers delivered in a box. I want my recipient to open the door to see the flowers in the vase I ordered.

As for myself, I'm in the process of ripping FTD a new a-hole because the flowers I ordered for my lady over 10 days in advance were not delivered to her office yesterday.

BlakelyH19 02-15-2014 07:07 PM

I used FTD and everything went great. Ordered them later in the afternoon on the 13th and they were there Valentines day.

SwampFox 02-15-2014 08:11 PM

Until now, I've NEVER had an issue with FTD. But they're a network of thousands of local businesses, and there's bound to be some that aren't worth a damn. I just asked the FTD CSR to inform the local florist who f-ed up on my order that I want the flowers delivered to my girlfriend Monday morning with an apology from the florist, as well as an explanation from the florist to me as to why they failed to deliver on time when they had 10 days advance notice.

JaxcockFL 02-15-2014 08:27 PM

FTD and Teleflora use local florists and take a cut from each order. You are better suited calling the florist directly to place the order, therby giving the local florist better cut and eliminating one link in the chain of possible problems. Why care if the florist gets a better cut? They probably would do a better job for someone that ordered directly from them knowing they are going to make more money as opposed to a line on an email that has the address, etc. You can also ask for a discount if you let them know that you are not using Teleflora / FTD but you could have.

Flowers that florists get from distributers, or from air freight are usually better quality than super market flowers. The demand for roses goes up in December due to the tournament of roses parade and continues through Valentines.

jxh107 02-15-2014 11:38 PM

I had a bunch of unopened flower buds with proflowers too

Sonofacock 02-15-2014 11:40 PM

Just go to the cemetery

davidmc467 02-15-2014 11:55 PM

Just call a local florist directly. It is better for them.

Thenardier 02-16-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmc467 (Post 4089094)
Just call a local florist directly. It is better for them.

Forget calling, whenever I get flowers, I just go there, get to see what they have.

gamecock88 02-16-2014 08:17 AM

I used them once and the roses for my wife looked like mulch when they got here. The same as other posters, they're quick to refund but you still have the bad flowers. Have used local florists since then whenever buying flowers.

sosfan812 02-16-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampFox (Post 4088747)
Valentine's Day is when most flowers are sold. I'm not at all surprised at some of these issues, especially given the SNAFU caused by the winter storm. Furthermore, I'm not having flowers delivered in a box. I want my recipient to open the door to see the flowers in the vase I ordered.

As for myself, I'm in the process of ripping FTD a new a-hole because the flowers I ordered for my lady over 10 days in advance were not delivered to her office yesterday.

I don't work at a florist but I do take time off from my job every year to help at a florist and I knew some people would complain this year about delivery's so let me help explain what probably took place. SNOW & ICE! Did you even bother to look outside at the weather or maybe you don't understand the florist business. Valentine day is the largest day of the year and they depend on having people help deliver the flowers when the storm hit this year we had almost everyone say they couldn't drive so therefore with over 500 orders there is only so much a few drivers can deliver. Maybe you should take that into consideration before you go and rip someone. The one good thing is 98% of the customers totally understood and excepted another day for delivery but your always going to have that 2%.