CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ***SPOILER THREAD*** House of Cards (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204088)

johnnyb 02-15-2014 12:01 PM

***SPOILER THREAD*** House of Cards

YOU ASKED FOR IT, AND HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and nope, I dont have any to share as my power has been out since Wednesday...other wise we would have watched a few episodes last night

gamecockphan 02-15-2014 12:51 PM

Re: ***SPOILER THREAD*** House of Cards

And the Ned Stark Memorial Award winner is.....

(Opens envelope)

Zoe Barnes!

gamecockphan 02-15-2014 01:59 PM

And we have a McPoyle sighting.

TheMule 02-15-2014 04:53 PM

About two minutes before it happened my wife had said that she was getting irritated with the Zoe character. :lol:

TaterHater1984 02-16-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMule (Post 4088739)
About two minutes before it happened my wife had said that she was getting irritated with the Zoe character. :lol:

My girlfriend said the same thing. haha.

"She gets on my nerves so bad. I wish he'd have her killed already."

*boom*

usc_yogi 03-02-2014 03:11 AM

Just finished season 2. The ending was pretty obvious through most of the season, but I still enjoyed the ride. I know it was a calculated risk, but it still took balls for FU to send the typed letter to the president. It is going to be interesting to see what comes out of the Stamper mess.

gamecockphan 03-06-2014 11:18 AM

Where to begin?

The season was a little needlessly complicated. The plot felt like a trick that was distracting the audience from the fact that there was not a lot of substance to the show. The complexity of the plot make the audience think that HoC is a very smart show when in reality it is a campy/pulpy/over the top portrayal of DC.

That said - It is a very enjoyable ride and I did like the season.

Last seaon they killed off my favorite character (Russo) and this year it looks like they killed off my 2nd favorite (Stamper).

The Meacham 3 way was just too much for me. I thought that he was likely going to hook up with Claire but I did not see the Frank thing coming.

I wonder if the writers do what the Breaking Bad writers did? write themself into a corner and then figure a way out. OR Do they have all of the characters and storylines carefully plotted out?

The Yancey 03-06-2014 11:20 AM

I'm not binge watching this season. JUst finished #7 so I won't read this thread. Just wanted to say that I could forgive Frank for offing Peter. That was just the cost of doing business. But Zoe??? It should be a crime to waste such prime grade A poontang!

usc_yogi 03-06-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4106101)
Where to begin?

The Meacham 3 way was just too much for me. I thought that he was likely going to hook up with Claire but I did not see the Frank thing coming.

This surprised me as well. I was pretty sure that Claire was going to get it. I wasn't sure if Claire knew about Frank's bi-sexual tendencies, but I guess she does now. I'm guessing that wasn't the first time it has ever happened though.

Hopefully they have some story and character line figured out and not shooting form the hip with the characters. They will have to start bringing some new people in since they are getting rid of a lot of characters.

Any guesses who will be chosen as the new V.P.? I don't remember if FU promised that position to anyone before the whole mess went down. Sharp would be a likely candidate, but I don't think FU can control her easily.

gamecockphan 03-06-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4106166)
This surprised me as well. I was pretty sure that Claire was going to get it. I wasn't sure if Claire knew about Frank's bi-sexual tendencies, but I guess she does now. I'm guessing that wasn't the first time it has ever happened though.

Hopefully they have some story and character line figured out and not shooting form the hip with the characters. They will have to start bringing some new people in since they are getting rid of a lot of characters.

Any guesses who will be chosen as the new V.P.? I don't remember if FU promised that position to anyone before the whole mess went down. Sharp would be a likely candidate, but I don't think FU can control her easily.

I'm guessing Frank wants a patsy since he saw what a powerhungry VP can do to an administration.

On a sidenote - the impotence of the Pres and of his Chief of Staff flys in the face of almost everything I have ever read about presidential politics. But, willing suspension of disbelief and all...

TheMule 03-06-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4106264)
On a sidenote - the impotence of the Pres and of his Chief of Staff flys in the face of almost everything I have ever read about presidential politics. But, willing suspension of disbelief and all...

IMO that's why the British parliamentary government is much more suited to this series. Check out the BBC series.

usc_yogi 03-06-2014 10:23 PM

The British series has been in my list since last year but I haven't got yo it yet.

I agree that they portrayed the President and the Chief of Staff as pushovers and easily manipulated. I would like to think that the supposed leader of the free world would have more testicular fortitude.