CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mitchell vs. Welch (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204130)

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 01:09 AM

Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Nice ESPN article on our two candidates for SEC Player of the Year :clap:
(2nd article on the page right now)

Quote:

Sunday's road win against LSU strengthened Tiffany Mitchell's case to become South Carolina's first SEC player of the year.
One problem. The team's first win in its past 12 attempts in Baton Rouge did the same for Aleighsa Welch.
All right, so it might not be the kind of problem that will keep Dawn Staley awake at night.
http://espn.go.com/ncw/notebook/_/pa...ping-play-4kay

Coulwoodwarlord 02-17-2014 01:17 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 01:27 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Connor Shaw is better than Dylan Thompson!

scfastpitch 02-17-2014 09:00 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Good article . I wish they could split the award .

ucan'tlickourcocks 02-17-2014 10:01 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
CO- POY from the same team...... now THAT would be something!

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 10:48 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
I still say its Mitchell. To shoot the % that she does as a guard is just unreal. 53% from the field and 57% from 3, and 78% from the line

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 11:38 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
For MVP I would say Welch. Best Player I would say Coates. Mitchell is our hottest shooting player. I don't think Mitchell can keep up the hot shooting. No one is a 58% 3 point shooter truly. That is always just a fluke year.

scfastpitch 02-17-2014 11:55 AM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4090146)
For MVP I would say Welch. Best Player I would say Coates. Mitchell is our hottest shooting player. I don't think Mitchell can keep up the hot shooting. No one is a 58% 3 point shooter truly. That is always just a fluke year.

Maybe not that high , but her percentage should stay pretty high as long as she keeps taking good shots . She doesn't usually take a three unless she has a real good look . That's one of the big differences in her this year . She has learned what's a good shot for her and what's not .

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 12:27 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scfastpitch (Post 4090152)
Maybe not that high , but her percentage should stay pretty high as long as she keeps taking good shots . She doesn't usually take a three unless she has a real good look . That's one of the big differences in her this year . She has learned what's a good shot for her and what's not .

She is a good shooter, but she isn't anywhere near 58% 3 point shooter. There is nothing flukey about what Welch is doing. She is taking closer shots and scoring with defenders on her.

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 12:31 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
And Mitchell is schooling people of the dribble and getting to the rim and getting tons of steals and turning those into points. Not to mention all of her assists

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 01:17 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
actually, I think Welsh is a little bit better ball handler. Not as many nifty moves bus she isn't as lose with her dribble. Mitchell gets a little out of control and sloppy at times.

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 01:26 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4090199)
actually, I think Welsh is a little bit better ball handler. Not as many nifty moves bus she isn't as lose with her dribble. Mitchell gets a little out of control and sloppy at times.

Now that's just ridiculous. You lose all credibility when you say stuff like that. Welch is good enough to help out against the press and bring it up if she needs to but Mitchell is a vastly superior ballhandler

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 01:29 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4090208)
Now that's just ridiculous. You lose all credibility when you say stuff like that. Welch is good enough to help out against the press and bring it up if she needs to but Mitchell is a vastly superior ballhandler

Mitchell turns the ball over all the time. Welch handles the ball a lot and turns over a lot less, and when she does turn it over it is usually a charge. I been watching this team all year, I know what the heck I am talking about. Mitchell is lose with her dribble and Welch is not. That is just a fact.

scfastpitch 02-17-2014 01:32 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4090208)
Now that's just ridiculous. You lose all credibility when you say stuff like that. Welch is good enough to help out against the press and bring it up if she needs to but Mitchell is a vastly superior ballhandler

I think you're overstating Tiffany's ballhandling a bit . She can get sloppy at times . She has had some high turnover games .

Cockhornleghorn 02-17-2014 01:37 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Aleighsa can't bring the ball up court against a press and Tiffany can. Tiffany is clearly the better ball handler, but overall, I think Aleighsa is a slightly better player this year. She's a junior and has that extra year of experience. Plus, Aleighsa is the unquestioned leader on this team, in my opinion.

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 01:37 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scfastpitch (Post 4090211)
I think you're overstating Tiffany's ballhandling a bit . She can get sloppy at times . She has had some high turnover games .

She is a lot less loose with it than Dozier or Sessions. Roy is pretty secure with it but she will not blow by defenders.

ReadR00ster 02-17-2014 01:38 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4090214)
Aleighsa can't bring the ball up court against a press and Tiffany can. Tiffany is clearly the better ball handler, but overall, I think Aleighsa is a slightly better player this year. She's a junior and has that extra year of experience. Plus, Aleighsa is the unquestioned leader on this team, in my opinion.

Yes should could. She's done it several times.

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 02:03 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
No she can't. She gets the ball with nobody guarding her when the guards are being hounded. And she turns it over more because she handles it way more. There is absolutely no doubt that Mitchell is a better ballhandler. Zero.

Luke Skycocker 02-17-2014 02:06 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
It's a complete joke that this is even being questioned

Cockhornleghorn 02-17-2014 02:13 PM

Re: Mitchell vs. Welch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4090236)
It's a complete joke that this is even being questioned

Seriously; Aleighsa is a great ballplayer. She is a decent ball handler, but she's not going to be anybody's point guard.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.