CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   WTF with Marc Maron Podcast (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204244)

LBC 02-20-2014 11:01 AM

WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

In the past there have been threads about who are one's favorite comedians and even though I have always appreciated Marc Maron I didn't have him near the top of my own personal list. That being said I recently started to listen to his podcasts from his WTF website where he interviews other comedians and musicians from his garage and I cannot endorse it highly enough.

It isn't so much a 'joke telling' comedy show but a wildly honest and direct discussion among people with troubled pasts, severe drug addictions, deep-seated insecurities and hang-ups and flaws who happen to be truly entertaining and have absolutely terrific senses of humor.

It also has great insight into the actual business...or more accurately...the real world day to day 'life' of a working/coming up through the ranks comedian/musician.

It will not be for everybody...which I happen to view as a strength...but if you have any interest check it out.

www.wtfpod.com

catdaddy66 02-20-2014 11:43 AM

Re: WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

Love Marc Maron! A very dry wit that always makes me laugh out loud.

Master Bedroom 02-20-2014 12:01 PM

Some absolutely amazing stuff in there

gamecockphan 02-20-2014 12:15 PM

It's a really solid podcast. I've been saving the Artie Lang episode for weeks now. I plan on listening to that during a long drive.

Marc just did a pod with Grantland's Brian Koppelman. I have yet to listen to it but will likely get around to it in the next week.

LBC 02-20-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4093030)
It's a really solid podcast. I've been saving the Artie Lang episode for weeks now. I plan on listening to that during a long drive.

Marc just did a pod with Grantland's Brian Koppelman. I have yet to listen to it but will likely get around to it in the next week.

The Artie Lange one is awesome. It is honestly hard to believe that dude is still alive and working. He tells a great...if not troubling...Greg Giraldo story.

These are legitimately some of the most honest interviews you will ever hear and Marc is absolutely terrific at it.

gamecockphan 02-20-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4093030)

I just realized that this was not very clear.

Marc appeared on Koppelman's pod to discuss his career. Koppelman was the interviewer. SHould be interesting to hear Marc's story and how he got from working standup to podcast host.

CarolinaBand 02-20-2014 06:02 PM

Boomer Lives!

I'm a newcomer to his show having only started with the Carl Reiner, Mel Brooks, and Dick Van Dyke episodes. I love listening to comedy podcasts but I wouldn't describe WTF as that, I think it's much more of an interview show that can be funny at times.

I remember a thread a few months ago but what are some of CT users favorite podcasts? I enjoy

Comedy Bang Bang
Never Not Funny
Nerdist
The Fogelnest Files
How Did This Get Made
Doug Loves Movies
Harmontown