CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dante sawyer to go juco route (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204245)

USCgamecock92 02-20-2014 11:29 AM

Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Per TBS. Expected to enroll at USC in 2015

USCgamecock92 02-20-2014 11:31 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...College-178395

PageUSC 02-20-2014 11:33 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Yea this sucks bad, but expected.

We really need Thomas to get in school!!!

0-1, 3 more to go

mick66 02-20-2014 11:40 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4092963)
Yea this sucks bad, but expected.

We really need Thomas to get in school!!!

0-1, 3 more to go

Though of course nothing is guaranteed, the last I read the only DE in doubt is Wideman. Also, don't forget BAW is packing on the lbs. and I'll bet we see a ton of him at DE in passing situations.

JDRAY^# 02-20-2014 11:41 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
How confident do you think we hold onto Sawyer? I just feel like the 4 to play 3 is a huge upside for him and his continued recruitment. I know PREP schools like FUMA do a good job in keeping players committed to their original school, do JUCO schools do the same? Sawyer was highly recruited and favored Bama, Auburn, and UGA over USC until his academic situation became known. I'm sure he will continue to get recruited heavily, so hopefully we hang on.

Carolina4Life 02-20-2014 11:45 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Out staff had to know the kid was getting a GED.

This blows our class.

JDRAY^# 02-20-2014 11:47 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4092987)
Out staff had to know the kid was getting a GED.

This blows our class.

It hurts some, but we still have Wideman, McClain and Thomas who all have the size to come in and contribute next season. Hopefully Wideman and Thomas have their academics in order to qualify, if not, then our class will be shot.

Lonnie 02-20-2014 11:52 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Are ya'll REALLY surprised??? That's surprising.

JDRAY^# 02-20-2014 11:55 AM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 4092997)
Are ya'll REALLY surprised??? That's surprising.

No one is surprised, Prep or JUCO has been known for some time, especially in the last month. I was more surprised that he was going JUCO, but will have 4 to play 3, and will be able to enroll in Spring 2015.

Woody7687 02-20-2014 12:19 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Figured this class was too good to be true.... Oh well Im sure clemson, bama, uga would have found a way to get him on the field.

USCgamecock92 02-20-2014 12:42 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Wasn't really surprised but like everyone else has said, it still sucks

scsilas 02-20-2014 01:04 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Didn't we miss on the DE that went to Arizona State because of an SEC rule that you had to graduate from JUCO and couldn't just transfer?

Aren't we just setting ourselves up for another kick from exactly the same mule?

Master Bedroom 02-20-2014 01:16 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
It does seem like our luck with getting players in after going juco has been somewhat down lately...but I may be "misremembering" as well

sc455 02-20-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
why not just go to prep if they need one year?

Regalcock 02-20-2014 01:49 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scsilas (Post 4093074)
Didn't we miss on the DE that went to Arizona State because of an SEC rule that you had to graduate from JUCO and couldn't just transfer?

Aren't we just setting ourselves up for another kick from exactly the same mule?

No. It was transfer rule after he committed to Illinois.

ShutTheSuccop 02-20-2014 02:08 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4093118)
why not just go to prep if they need one year?

may not have the grades to qualify regardless...it is my understanding and I could be wrong, that you go to JUCO when you can't make grades but go to prep if you need test scores to improve. That may be oversimplifying the situation but that is my impression.

boowilliam4 02-20-2014 02:14 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
saw this coming weeks before signing day. Win anyway.

Thenardier 02-20-2014 02:28 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Hope y'all hold on to him when he gets done with JUCO

sc455 02-20-2014 02:51 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4093144)
may not have the grades to qualify regardless...it is my understanding and I could be wrong, that you go to JUCO when you can't make grades but go to prep if you need test scores to improve. That may be oversimplifying the situation but that is my impression.

thanks. now we all can hold a collective breath and see if one year will do it. glad I don't bet.

Cock Kool-Aid 02-20-2014 03:11 PM

Re: Dante sawyer to go juco route
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4093159)
Hope y'all hold on to him when he gets done with JUCO

Why?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.