CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Interesting NFL Analysis (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204277)

Garnet Devil 02-21-2014 12:48 PM

Interesting NFL Analysis

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

You can filter participants by college and it has an analysis available on each player we have at the combine. Agree with some of it. Some of it could be considered "questionable". Either way, interesting take from NFL.

Sir Cuss 02-21-2014 12:55 PM

Re: Interesting NFL Analysis

Good find! Points to you.

Cock Kool-Aid 02-21-2014 01:55 PM

3rd or 4th line on Clowney's write-up mentions speeding tickets....

Also says that he has the "personality of a pleaser"... does that mean he's an unselfish lover? That's a positive IMO.

Vic projects as a safety in the NFL? First I've heard of that.

In Shaw's write-up, it describes Spurrier's offense as "gimmicky" and "a high percentage, dink-and-dunk passing game"... I don't think I've ever heard it talked about that way before.

Garnet Devil 02-21-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4094032)

Also says that he has the "personality of a pleaser"... does that mean he's an unselfish lover? That's a positive IMO.

In Shaw's write-up, it describes Spurrier's offense as "gimmicky" and "a high percentage, dink-and-dunk passing game"... I don't think I've ever heard it talked about that way before.

I agree with you with the "gimmicky" comments. I thought that was a strange description. And "personality of a pleaser" - LMAO

35-21 02-21-2014 04:56 PM

Tajh Boyd: "Shows composure in the face of a blitz ...."

Is there another Tajh Boyd that I am unaware of?

robgusc76 02-21-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35-21 (Post 4094160)

Tajh handles the blitz fine, he's actually quite good at escaping pressure, its getting hit that shakes him up.

Sir Cuss 02-21-2014 05:27 PM

Easy to "handle a blitz" when half of your passing plays are screens. You're bound to hit those and not feel pressured.

35-21 02-21-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4094166)
Tajh handles the blitz fine, he's actually quite good at escaping pressure, its getting hit that shakes him up.

True.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Cuss
Easy to "handle a blitz" when half of your passing plays are screens. You're bound to hit those and not feel pressured.

Also true.

FanofCarolina1 02-21-2014 05:50 PM

For Ellington, a weakness is "Not a go up and get it type player" Well duh, the dude isn't as tall as Blackmon or Dez, but he did play basketball which sounds like a contradiction. I think he could go up and get it if he needed to.

gamecock88 02-21-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35-21 (Post 4094160)

he calmly throws a great ball with soft touch right to the defense where typically not so sure handed LBs easily pull it in. Often he is so composed that he leads them with the ball so that they have a clear path for YAC. He's composed all the while.

rioninusc 02-21-2014 06:10 PM

I think the guy just watched the Mizzou game in 2012. Shaw probably has just as many bomb TD's as he does short pass TD's. Clemson is more of a short pass type team. They use a bunch of screens, and short passes. They have to to keep that up tempo going.

CockNBlythewood 02-22-2014 02:09 AM

Haha the "Threads by views" section says "Interesting NFL Anal"

behindenemylines 02-22-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4094032)

I think they may have gotten confused and thought he went to Clemmy with the gimmicky comment.