CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Williams-Brice Makeover (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204282)

longcock 02-21-2014 05:26 PM

Williams-Brice Makeover

Looks like the BOT is sprucing up the front yard.

from the state

Gamecocks1137 02-21-2014 05:31 PM

Re: Williams-Brice Makeover

Finally, this is a reality.

boowilliam4 02-21-2014 05:37 PM

Can't wait to see what Willy B is going to look like after all is said and done. Huge recruiting tool when we get this place looking the way it should.

uscGRAD04 02-21-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

The northwest corner outside the stadium will include an area for statues, Gruner said. Some alumni have discussed adding one for USC’s only Heisman Trophy winner George Rogers.
This might deserve it's own thread, or there may already be one out there, but if George Rogers is first statue who else deserves one.

rosstheboss 02-21-2014 05:49 PM

if spurrier can win the sec he should get one down the road

JohnnyR2211 02-21-2014 05:53 PM

Stephen Garcia water fountain with natty light

rosstheboss 02-21-2014 06:10 PM

^spurrier says no unless he gets to hold a banquet beer in his statue

trapper82 02-21-2014 06:19 PM

The place should look amazing before the 2015 season, if you count this and the indoor facility being finished.

FanofCarolina1 02-21-2014 06:35 PM

Once the indoor practice facility and Brice get finished, the Campus should be set.

Acockolypse Now 02-21-2014 06:55 PM

Finally!!

Todd803 02-21-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcock (Post 4094170)
Looks like the BOT is sprucing up the front yard.

from the state

Here is the link to the full set of renderings on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/scgamec...7627599031125/

Just absolutely amazing to look at our facilities now compared to 10 years ago.

rosstheboss 02-21-2014 08:37 PM

"If the fans are saying 'What's next?' then I would say 'Don't hold your breath,' " Pastides said.

That's the quote that stood out to me. Yes these upgrades will look really nice, but we are still playing catch up to most of the sec with the efforts.(in regards to football. The softball, baseball, athletic village, etc. are top notch) I hope Tanner/Spurrier keep pushing to have upgrades every year and never be satisfied. Other schools continue to come up with the next thing to wow recruits specifically in football, and we have got to stay competitive in the non-stop facilities competition. For the fans sake, we all know the bathrooms and concessions could all be improved. Not complaining at all, because the plans are incredible, just saying I hope we keep going in the right direction!

uscsandstorm85 02-21-2014 09:01 PM

Let's find some jackhammers and get this project started.

uscgamecocks88 02-21-2014 09:12 PM

This will be great. With this, the new indoor facility, and Gamecock Park, the atmosphere will be so much better.

Acockolypse Now 02-22-2014 12:57 AM

The most interesting thing to me was the removal of the ETV building and a new team/office team/store to replace it. They'll add parking for staff and football players too, which will be needed once the asphalt it torn up around the stadium.

roosterdude21 02-22-2014 01:36 AM

Loving the upgrades. Add "pressure wash the Strom" to this list please

Spur's Addiction 02-22-2014 09:27 AM

Looks good.

Carolina4Life 02-23-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4094264)
"If the fans are saying 'What's next?' then I would say 'Don't hold your breath,' " Pastides said.

That's the quote that stood out to me. Yes these upgrades will look really nice, but we are still playing catch up to most of the sec with the efforts.(in regards to football. The softball, baseball, athletic village, etc. are top notch) I hope Tanner/Spurrier keep pushing to have upgrades every year and never be satisfied. Other schools continue to come up with the next thing to wow recruits specifically in football, and we have got to stay competitive in the non-stop facilities competition. For the fans sake, we all know the bathrooms and concessions could all be improved. Not complaining at all, because the plans are incredible, just saying I hope we keep going in the right direction!

Exactlyl, half of the league is upgrading stadium and renovating them in the next couple years.

Spurrier_Superior_One 02-23-2014 12:03 PM

Both the indoor and outdoor track complexes need complete do overs as well.

Carolina4Life 02-23-2014 02:39 PM

"No other big athletics projects are planned, Pastides said, though Tanner said he would like to add suites on the east side of the stadium to raise more revenue."