CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204292)

spareparts 02-22-2014 08:34 AM

Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen

The atmosphere was embarrassing for a home team. The pre game music was Bugs Bunny, followed by Zombie Nation, then BLACK BOX (really sad), then Centerfield, then Black Eyed Peas, then whatever techno song it is that starts off "y'all ready for this".

Sad. The music was almost intentionally unmotivational.

The away team had about 10 total fans but they were rocking the place. Heckling the home team's pitcher. They had him rattled. They owned the place. They jumped out to a huge lead and never looked back. The away fans were talking supreme shit.

The walk up songs were so bad, the opposing team's bench was ridiculing them as they were happening. One walkup song was "give me one reason to stay here" by Tracy Chapman. Another one came up as "Wake Me Up" by Avicii on Shazam. Lame. I assume they had to be chosen by the players because some of them were Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum, which are songs a player might choose. So I'm assuming.

During the part where the cheer squad shoots the t-shirts into the crowd by sling shot, two times the shirt went over the bleachers into the parking lot, and one time it landed in the dugout. People were booing.

Then came the worst music, in between every inning, it was Thunderstruck. I mean each half inning, there they go blasting Thunderstruck. It was ugly.

I feel sorry for the home team recruits that they committed to go to that university and ended up playing for a team with such a shitty atmosphere. It's no wonder their record is crap. One of the bench players should be designated DJ or something, at least it would have been a little better. Maybe.

I will never talk shit about our baseball stadium again. The Sarge was amazing, it was my life, but it's gone. I need to get over it. But at least our new place is not as bad as that place.

I don't want to disclose where it was but I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure

spareparts 02-22-2014 08:39 AM

Re: Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen

One other thing, the designated smoking area was actually a section of trees that was dedicated to a player who died. Like there was a sign that said, "this area is dedicated to Johnny So-And-So who tragically died in 2002", and that's where they put all the little plastic smoking station things and the area was full of smokers. I thought that was odd.

2000grad 02-22-2014 09:02 AM

Did this place have a playground? Because, i don't understand all the complaining unless there was a playground.

spareparts 02-22-2014 09:07 AM

Does this sound like a playpen atmosphere to you? It was suckage. No child anything noticeable except the Looney Tunes music. And Sno-Cones.

kick_ball 02-22-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4094433)
I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure

do you not know who is in the big 12?

RockRocks787 02-22-2014 10:47 AM

What game are we talking about?

GregoryHouse 02-22-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRocks787 (Post 4094461)
What game are we talking about?

What I find from it is that spareparts attending a college baseball game and was disappointed in the atmosphere. Also, it was not the USC game.

rioninusc 02-22-2014 12:09 PM

I don't know if you want us to guess, but i'm going to go out on a limb, and say West Virginia.

robgusc76 02-22-2014 12:19 PM

where the heck is this?

ElectricCock 02-22-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4094485)
I don't know if you want us to guess, but i'm going to go out on a limb, and say West Virginia.

agreed

jellafever 02-22-2014 02:07 PM

And then you found 20 bucks?

Sir Cuss 02-22-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4094485)

Could be. From WVU's explanation of their baseball field: "Also, 50 white pine trees were planted behind the outfield fence . . ."

ConwayGamecock 02-22-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4094436)
And Sno-Cones.

Is this a clue??

JAYBEZ 02-22-2014 02:34 PM

I may be wrong, but this thread seems like HOF material...

rioninusc 02-22-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Cuss (Post 4094543)
Could be. From WVU's explanation of their baseball field: "Also, 50 white pine trees were planted behind the outfield fence . . ."

I'm wrong WVU won yesterday. His saying of thinking it's a big 12 school, must mean he's talking about a big 10 school that now has 12 schools.

Edit I don't know what he's talking about, no Big12, or Big 10 schools got their tails handed to them at home yesterday. He could of been on some Hallucinogens, and thought Purdue was at home when they got owned by USF 1-19.

FlorenceCock 02-22-2014 03:05 PM

I saw West Virginias junior college baseball teams bus broken down today in Florence.

The Yancey 02-22-2014 03:54 PM

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204036

superfly 02-22-2014 05:19 PM

What was the purpose of this thread ? I considered it a complete waste of time.....

Cockypantherfan 02-22-2014 07:50 PM

Agreed. I can't tell if my head hurts more from trying to understand this stuff or my hangover.

GregoryHouse 02-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4094433)
The atmosphere was embarrassing for a home team. The pre game music was Bugs Bunny, followed by Zombie Nation, then BLACK BOX (really sad), then Centerfield, then Black Eyed Peas, then whatever techno song it is that starts off "y'all ready for this".

Sad. The music was almost intentionally unmotivational.

The away team had about 10 total fans but they were rocking the place. Heckling the home team's pitcher. They had him rattled. They owned the place. They jumped out to a huge lead and never looked back. The away fans were talking supreme shit.

The walk up songs were so bad, the opposing team's bench was ridiculing them as they were happening. One walkup song was "give me one reason to stay here" by Tracy Chapman. Another one came up as "Wake Me Up" by Avicii on Shazam. Lame. I assume they had to be chosen by the players because some of them were Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum, which are songs a player might choose. So I'm assuming.

During the part where the cheer squad shoots the t-shirts into the crowd by sling shot, two times the shirt went over the bleachers into the parking lot, and one time it landed in the dugout. People were booing.

Then came the worst music, in between every inning, it was Thunderstruck. I mean each half inning, there they go blasting Thunderstruck. It was ugly.

I feel sorry for the home team recruits that they committed to go to that university and ended up playing for a team with such a shitty atmosphere. It's no wonder their record is crap. One of the bench players should be designated DJ or something, at least it would have been a little better. Maybe.

I will never talk shit about our baseball stadium again. The Sarge was amazing, it was my life, but it's gone. I need to get over it. But at least our new place is not as bad as that place.

I don't want to disclose where it was but I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure

You talked shit about USC's baseball stadium(s)?