CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mayock (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204315)

pimpingamecock 02-23-2014 01:09 PM

Mayock
 
What's this dude creds? He seems to be someone trying to make a name and more of a blowhard. He is the one calling Clowney not a top 5 pick and saying their are "red flags" all over the place.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

B-G 02-23-2014 01:11 PM

Re: Mayock
 
I always liked the dude for all these years he's worked on NFLN. Him saying unfavorable things about a player from my school won't change that.

pimpingamecock 02-23-2014 01:21 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Not really bout unfavorable things bout a guy from our school just knew people would know who he is from that...some of the other things he has said seem like more so people would know who he is. He is saying a LB and No. 1. Forgot the name of the guy he said but the connected analyst have not even put this Lb in the top 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

SClawman 02-23-2014 01:24 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Funny how on the NFL Network ticker he has Clowney going #1 to the Texans along with their other draft expert. Now he's trashing him. Whatever. I just heard him say he played at Boston College but wasnt much of a player. Shocking.

behindenemylines 02-23-2014 01:27 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Shaw just ran 4.55..

Go Cocks 29 02-23-2014 02:04 PM

Re: Mayock
 
unofficial 4.50 and fastest qb time so far

beak2 02-23-2014 03:46 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Never heard of him, and just going by some reports on Clowney. Knows nothing first hand.

justalilcocky 02-23-2014 04:12 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..

pimpingamecock 02-23-2014 04:17 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by justalilcocky (Post 4095287)
Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..

My criticism of the guy is not only bout what he has said bout jd but of a lot of what he has said. Based on his analyst and others that are well respected and considered amongst the best Mayock seems either clueless or just looking to make a name for himself.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

peterlemon 02-23-2014 04:29 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by justalilcocky (Post 4095287)
Mike Mayock is one of, if not the best analysts the NFL has. His criticism of Clowney is legitimate. He's just laying out what NFL teams are going to ask and the things he is going to have to prove. I haven't heard him say anything negative about JD's ability. When a HOF college coach like Spurrier says his work ethic is "Okay"..that's a red flag. You get two speeding tickets in like a week's time..that's a red flag. People in NFL front offices get fired over draft picks..they are going to want to know, JD..are you mature? are you going to work hard? how much do you love football? do you want to be great or do you just want to be rich? It's all legit..

Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.

ccured 02-23-2014 04:43 PM

Re: Mayock
 
I would rather read what mayock has to say than here him. When he is on TV he is always on the pessimistic side because TV ratings depend on arguing. He is more straight to the point in his writing

Dizzy01 02-23-2014 04:46 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peterlemon (Post 4095312)
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.

I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.

justalilcocky 02-23-2014 04:49 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peterlemon (Post 4095312)
Yeah, he really nailed it when he said Alshon wasn't worth a first round pick. Anybody so called expert who couldn't see how good Alshon was isn't any kind of expert at all. Just another talking head acting like the authority on every player coming into the NFL draft.

Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.

peterlemon 02-23-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by justalilcocky (Post 4095330)
Bad analogy..another talent vs. work ethic. Nobody questioned whether Alshon was good enough to be a 1, people questioned his work ethic. Lots of people had AJ1 as a top 10 and then Alshon got too big his Jr. year, that's a fact. He dropped weight before the draft but the damage was already done. These people are looking at this from an NFL executive standpoint. Is this dude talented? Yes. Am I concerned with his work ethic and drive? Yes. So teams have to weigh that out. And evidently Mayock must not have been that far off seeing as how Alshon..yanno..didn't go in the 1st round.

Yeah, it appears there a lot of know it all douchebags like this guy making the decisions.

peterlemon 02-23-2014 05:05 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy01 (Post 4095329)
I guess 32 NFL GMs should be fired then.

Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.

B-G 02-23-2014 05:15 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peterlemon (Post 4095342)
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.

No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.

gamecockphan 02-23-2014 05:18 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4095347)
No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.

Wilson is an average QB on an excellent team.

peterlemon 02-23-2014 05:25 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4095347)
No but he nailed Russell Wilson. One of the few guys that have him any props during the combine.

Do you think Mcshay is the greatest analyst ever? I don't and I was reading that he has been more accurate than Mayock in four of the last five drafts. He is about in the same league with both of those guys and I don't really listen to shit they say anymore. Just a few guys carving out there niche being blowhards on television.

Dizzy01 02-23-2014 05:27 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peterlemon (Post 4095342)
Was he right about Alshon or not? That is just one Gamecock that came to my mind that he whiffed on.

I think he was right. You don't use a first round pick on a guy that other teams will pass on and if you take a receiver in round 1 he better be a guy that's going to be a #1 for a long time. Alshon played well opposite one of the elite receivers in the game but would he do the same solo.

peterlemon 02-23-2014 05:41 PM

Re: Mayock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy01 (Post 4095359)
I think he was right. You don't use a first round pick on a guy that other teams will pass on and if you take a receiver in round 1 he better be a guy that's going to be a #1 for a long time. Alshon played well opposite one of the elite receivers in the game but would he do the same solo.

Is he better than McShay? McShay has been more accurate than him 4 out of the last 5 drafts. If you want to listen to guys like him go ahead and do it to your heart's desire. I personally think they are a waste of time and are wrong more than they are right.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.