CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Clemson Series: The Beatdown cometh (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204319)

Liquid_nails 02-23-2014 06:15 PM

Clemson Series: The Beatdown cometh

Get your popcorn ready folks. This pitching staff is gonna tear through the tigers. Stellar pitching, good defense, and our bats are swinging spell disaster in this series. Mince looks tough!

Here's to putting it on the tigers. HAVE NO MERCY!

rosstheboss 02-23-2014 06:29 PM

Re: Clemson Series: The Beatdown cometh

My take:
Both staffs have excellent starting pitchers but so far our bullpen has been more impressive as demonstrated in this scoreless streak. We also get the 1st game at home which IMO is a big advantage, then, at Flour Field where I don't think we've ever lost top them(could be wrong). We really seem to succeed in low scoring, pitching/defense type of games which is exactly what this series appears to be on paper. Clemson will be ready no doubt, and very eager to finally break through and take a series from us. I think our team plays with a sense of confidence that really gets to the Tigers, and we are definitely in their heads. If I had to predict I would say we lose the scoreless streak in game 1, but take the first 2 games and drop the 3rd on the road. However, with the way Crowe is pitching it is very hard to predict we would lose a game he starts. Either way, we have to take 2 of 3 and continue our dominance of the Tigers. Can't wait to be there fri and sat.

robgusc76 02-23-2014 06:52 PM

Hope our left handers are ready to go. Clemson hasnt hit a USC left hander in a decade it seems like.

gocockswyn 02-23-2014 07:38 PM

Have tickets for the Drive Field. Looking forward to the BEAT DOWN!

scz71864 02-23-2014 08:06 PM

we lost to clemmy last year at flour

rrsandersjr 02-23-2014 08:34 PM

We won at home and Clemson last year but lost at Fluor...Hell didn't freeze over but it was awfully cold that day.

rosstheboss 02-23-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scz71864 (Post 4095470)
we lost to clemmy last year at flour

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsandersjr (Post 4095484)
We won at home and Clemson last year but lost at Fluor...Hell didn't freeze over but it was awfully cold that day.

Yep. just checked back and saw that. o well who cares which games we win as long as it's at least 2/3

Liquid_nails 02-23-2014 10:13 PM

It's a 365 day rivalry. We own them and they know it. They know what's coming and you know Jack is sweating it. I say this one is over before it begins. Let's take care of business and show the tigers how we play baseball in SC.

GamecockUltimate 02-23-2014 11:08 PM

Someone start heating the bats

Coulwoodwarlord 02-23-2014 11:23 PM

Who wants to see Jack runnin down the third baseline with his runner only to see him get thrown out ? :lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

RoosterBooster 02-24-2014 09:57 AM

If the world could harness the power of Jackleg's sphincter this week there would never be another energy crisis.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 02-24-2014 11:39 AM

I am looking to tickets to the home game or the game at Flour Field . Last year was really cold but it really is a great thing for this rivalry!

SAETerrier 02-24-2014 02:04 PM

Shenanigans

donbgamecock 02-24-2014 02:38 PM

I just want to see the cocks be the first team to head Clemtech into their downward spiral for the season.

odie 02-24-2014 03:16 PM

This is going to be a very tense series,Clemson has a very good team this year, and they are very good at the top of their lineup, I believe all the games will be very close and also think we need to score first and fast, we have to keep them off the base paths, cannot do like we did in the EKU games and have them have men on third with no outs and trying to get out of the inning, which we did against EKU, but with Clemson it could spell disaster, wish we had a mid week warm-up game like last week, so we can keep our bats hot. Go Cocks

spareparts 02-24-2014 04:40 PM

Bench clearing brawl

KLUCAS 02-24-2014 05:01 PM

The sole purpose of chosing 3rd Base Dugout season tickets....THIS.GAME. IT'S ON.

See You Friday Jack! I'm Back! :kill::kill::kill:

Liquid_nails 02-24-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLUCAS (Post 4096069)
The sole purpose of chosing 3rd Base Dugout season tickets....THIS.GAME. IT'S ON.

See You Friday Jack! I'm Back! :kill::kill::kill:

Lol. You are good my man!

catdaddy66 02-24-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donbgamecock (Post 4095939)
I just want to see the cocks be the first team to head Clemtech into their downward spiral for the season.

Too late. EMU beat you to it! :rotfl:

Roosterboy 02-24-2014 06:52 PM

It will be tight games...We won't shut them out...but we win 2-of-3.

They can't hit lefites, and I they can't hit Montgomery.
Be interesting to see how Crowe does in a hostile environment.