CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Eats (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SC BBQ Trail Map (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204343)

GoCCUChants 02-24-2014 04:25 PM

SC BBQ Trail Map

Take this with you on your travels through our beautiful state and enjoy the different BBQ we have to offer. And no yankees, we don't mean grilled chicken.

http://bbq.discoversouthcarolina.com...FW1nOgoddloAIg

PyroPepper 02-24-2014 04:41 PM

Re: SC BBQ Trail Map

Nice! Btw, to a northerner, a BBQ is something you cook stuff on. Sheesh!

Nassau Gamecock 02-24-2014 05:44 PM

Outstanding!

Wingman 02-24-2014 07:33 PM

I hope some of these places have chopped q and not shredded q. (At least, that's what I call it.) Chopped has small chunks of meat where shredded q is shredded meat.

Does anyone in the state still serve chopped q? I haven't examined the map or the other material yet, so that may tell me.

GoCCUChants 02-24-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 4096187)
I hope some of these places have chopped q and not shredded q. (At least, that's what I call it.) Chopped has small chunks of meat where shredded q is shredded meat.

Does anyone in the state still serve chopped q? I haven't examined the map or the other material yet, so that may tell me.

I know Little Pigs in MB does chopped.

etowngangsta 02-24-2014 08:49 PM

My mouth is watering.
My preference:
1. Mustard
2. Vinegar
3. Thick tomato
4. Light tomato

Barry_gamecock 02-24-2014 09:06 PM

Probably the best ribs in the state are not listed. Circle M BBQ in Liberty.

Wagz 02-24-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 4096187)

Yes, lot's of places...

jellafever 02-25-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCCUChants (Post 4096031)
Take this with you on your travels through our beautiful state and enjoy the different BBQ we have to offer. And no yankees, we don't mean grilled chicken.

http://bbq.discoversouthcarolina.com...FW1nOgoddloAIg

:rotfl::bow::clap:

86 GradCock 02-25-2014 11:11 AM

Several great places missing from the list; none in Hemingway which serves up some of the best que in the world. Also, the Northeast corner of the state is not heavy tomato at all. Only the new chain places that attempt to draw Northerners are serving tomato based sauce in the low country.

jellafever 02-25-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86 GradCock (Post 4096475)
Several great places missing from the list; none in Hemingway which serves up some of the best que in the world. Also, the Northeast corner of the state is not heavy tomato at all. Only the new chain places that attempt to draw Northerners are serving tomato based sauce in the low country.

Yeah, as far as I've ever experienced the Pee Dee is solely vinegar sauce. Not light tomato like this write-up claims.

davidmc467 02-25-2014 12:30 PM

It is awesome that the state put this bbq website together. Kudos to Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.

However, I wish they would take chains like Carolina Wings off the map. It does not belong.

The Yancey 02-25-2014 12:43 PM

Some good info but the map itself sucks. Only three regions in the state??? I think that the good citizens of Fountain Inn would be surprised to find that they are in the mountains. Likewise Laurens would be collectively shocked to discover that they are in the Midlands. Whatever happened to the Piedmont, to the Pee Dee? Some maps actually divide the state into 10 regions. That may be overkill but scrunching everything into just three is a disservice.

weatheredxtown 02-25-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4096557)
Some good info but the map itself sucks. Only three regions in the state??? I think that the good citizens of Fountain Inn would be surprised to find that they are in the mountains. Likewise Laurens would be collectively shocked to discover that they are in the Midlands. Whatever happened to the Piedmont, to the Pee Dee? Some maps actually divide the state into 10 regions. That may be overkill but scrunching everything into just three is a disservice.

Well the state is usually divided into three sections, but not the three this map used. Upstate, Midlands, and Low-country.

lencho30 02-25-2014 03:39 PM

Carolina
Barbeque Company
965 W. Carolina Avenue
Varnville, SC 29944
P: 803.943.9014
Wed – Sat • 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sun • 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
www.carolinabbqsc.com

My place to eat that no one knows about made the list

cocky0 02-25-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lencho30 (Post 4096717)
Carolina
Barbeque Company
965 W. Carolina Avenue
Varnville, SC 29944
P: 803.943.9014
Wed Sat 11 a.m. 9 p.m.
Sun 11 a.m. 3 p.m.
www.carolinabbqsc.com

My place to eat that no one knows about made the list

I live less than 5 minutes from the place. Probably the best ribs I've ever eaten are served right there. I still prefer the hash at Lester's though.

Barry_gamecock 02-26-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86 GradCock (Post 4096475)

Scott's is listed.

86 GradCock 02-26-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock (Post 4097274)
Scott's is listed.

I stand corrected; did not expect Hemingway to be listed in the Midlands section. I consider it part of the low country when it comes to BBQ.

lencho30 02-26-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky0 (Post 4096726)
I live less than 5 minutes from the place. Probably the best ribs I've ever eaten are served right there. I still prefer the hash at Lester's though.

Yeah, I'm about 5 minutes away as well. IMO, the ribs are the best around! I thought the hash was good, but I didn't get enough rice with it. Really, everything I have ever gotten there has been good, even the hamburger.

cocky0 02-26-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lencho30 (Post 4097295)
Yeah, I'm about 5 minutes away as well. IMO, the ribs are the best around! I thought the hash was good, but I didn't get enough rice with it. Really, everything I have ever gotten there has been good, even the hamburger.

I haven't tried the burgers or anything else for that matter. I have been meaning to grab some wings from there since I hear really good things about those.