CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fall Pratice question. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204370)

Carolina4Life 02-25-2014 11:08 AM

Fall Pratice question.

I'm not sure if anybody knows yet but I'm wondering if practices will be back open to the public in the fall now that Clowney is gone.

snruter amabon 02-25-2014 11:18 AM

Re: Fall Pratice question.

Not many of them will. Spurrier doesn't like the fact that the fans report exactly what is going on in practice. Gives other teams an advantage against us.

2000grad 02-25-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snruter amabon (Post 4096485)
Not many of them will. Spurrier doesn't like the fact that the fans report exactly what is going on in practice. Gives other teams an advantage against us.

I'm not sure if you mean this, but if you are referring to people giving play by plays of practices, I can tell you that Spurrier isn't worried about that. That's not giving away top secret information to a team to tell if someone ran a skinny post and caught a TD pass.

snruter amabon 02-25-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4096494)
I'm not sure if you mean this, but if you are referring to people giving play by plays of practices, I can tell you that Spurrier isn't worried about that. That's not giving away top secret information to a team to tell if someone ran a skinny post and caught a TD pass.

I'm referring to what Spurrier himself said when he closed the practices down. Too many cameras, too many blogs etc.... Look back a couple of years ago & you will find his comments.

Spur's Addiction 02-25-2014 11:39 AM

I am guess all but the first few will be closed. Too many smartphones instantly tweeting and giving play-by-play as well as a pictures.

FeartheSpur 02-25-2014 11:41 AM

All spring practices as of right now are open to the public

2000grad 02-25-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snruter amabon (Post 4096497)
I'm referring to what Spurrier himself said when he closed the practices down. Too many cameras, too many blogs etc.... Look back a couple of years ago & you will find his comments.

He said all the pictures and requests for autographs were a problem. He does not like videos either.

FanofCarolina1 02-25-2014 02:43 PM

It kinda sucks because when the practices are closed, we don't get Spurt's practice reports..but I understand the HBC's reasoning behind it.

uscsandstorm85 02-25-2014 03:54 PM

The autograph distraction was the problem last year.

crowcutta 02-25-2014 06:32 PM

its not just that, didnt they bring out security the following practices? in general under sos not too many fall practices in pads have been open, and the first thing spurrier gets a whiff of that he doesnt like and the next day theyre closed. guessing he opens up the first week and then shuts it down.

the real answer is noone knows at this point.