CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ben and Jerry's Announce The Best Ice Cream Idea Ever (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204412)

Thenardier 02-26-2014 05:59 PM

Ben and Jerry's Announce The Best Ice Cream Idea Ever

Sorry, on my iPad and can't link it, but Ben and Jerry's just announced a new type of product called "Cores". It's a pint of two different flavors, with a center core of flavoring. It looks amazing. Example peanut butter ice cream and chocolate ice cream, with a center core of peanut butter fudge. Yum.

ShutTheSuccop 02-26-2014 06:52 PM

Re: Ben and Jerry's Announce The Best Ice Cream Idea Ever

Here is one story with a few pics

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...#axzz2uTB51sTF

GamecockMomSC 02-26-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4097653)
Sorry, on my iPad and can't link it, but Ben and Jerry's just announced a new type of product called "Cores". It's a pint of two different flavors, with a center core of flavoring. It looks amazing. Example peanut butter ice cream and chocolate ice cream, with a center core of peanut butter fudge. Yum.

If you press your finger on the text in the search bar, some options will appear. Copy is one of them. Click on copy and then return to the thread where you want the link. Press your finger in the thread box where you want your link and choose paste from the options.
:thumbsup:

Thenardier 02-26-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4097684)
If you press your finger on the text in the search bar, some options will appear. Copy is one of them. Click on copy and then return to the thread where you want the link. Press your finger in the thread box where you want your link and choose paste from the options.
:thumbsup:

Succop beat me to it, thanks though.

nicstockman 02-26-2014 07:53 PM

It seems COCKDIESEL has me confused with someone else. Lol. Anywho. Ben and Jerry ice cream isn't even in my top 3. And on an unrelated topic, they are gay (maybe that was unknown, which would eplain why COCKDIESEL didn't pick up on the sarcasm in my post). Oh well, Carry on.

GamecockMomSC 02-26-2014 08:11 PM

^
I googled it because I had never heard that before. The company supports gay rights, but I don't think either of the founders is gay. Jerry has been married since 1987, and Ben is divorced with a child. They were just childhood friends who started a business.

Spur's Addiction 02-26-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4097737)
^

I googled it because I had never heard that before. The company supports gay rights, but I don't think either of the founders is gay. Jerry has been married since 1987, and Ben is divorced with a child. They were just childhood friends who started a business.

And that's how internet rumors spread.

nicstockman 02-26-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4097737)
^

Well I'll be...learn something new everyday. Haha. It makes sense though right, two guy whose initials make B+J who supports gay rights. Someone tells you they're gay, you sort of just don't argue with it.

Oh well. I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong. Ain't the first time.

FanofCarolina1 02-26-2014 09:59 PM

Dang that looks good. I want some "That's my Jam!" Heck it's fun just saying it and typing it " THAT'S MY JAM!!!"

usc90grad 02-26-2014 10:05 PM

Their ice cream sucks. Plus if you get it at one of their stores, their scoops are smaller then a baby's hand.

nicstockman 02-27-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4097841)
Their ice cream sucks. Plus if you get it at one of their stores, their scoops are smaller then a baby's hand.

^^^ what he said.

Spur's Addiction 02-27-2014 07:05 AM

What's with all the Ben & Jerry's Hate?

I think their ice cream is great. May not be your favorite. But to flat out say it sucks is a bit much. There are others that are good no doubt. There are many that are much worse. But why the backlash?

GamecockNeal 02-27-2014 07:36 AM

One dude posting is spiteful towards this brand. Maybe Ben or Jerry turned him down? Anyway, I dont care for sweets much but their ice cream is head and shoulders above all others. Whenever I do go for a scoop, I always choose them. Especially Phish food.

ipull4usc 02-27-2014 10:21 AM

To each their own, but how someone could not like Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is beyond me.

http://jeroxie.com/addiction/wp-cont...Brownie_LR.jpg

FanofCarolina1 02-27-2014 10:36 AM

My personal favorites are Cherry Garcia and Red Velvet Cake.

Thenardier 02-27-2014 03:15 PM

Just found the cores in the grocery store. Only had the chocolate peanut butter fudge, and it is divine.

ccured 02-27-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4098289)
To each their own, but how someone could not like Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is beyond me.

http://jeroxie.com/addiction/wp-cont...Brownie_LR.jpg

this might be the best ice cream out there IMO

Thenardier 03-02-2014 03:49 PM

Flavor reviews, Peanut butter good, caramel was best. Raspberry was surprisingly tasty.